Now Whitehall's crazy eco zealots want to ban your gas cooker

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
As many as 14 million households slid their turkey into a gas oven yesterday, then waited for a succulent, browned and delicious meal to emerge.

But such a familiar festive scene will be a thing of the past just a few years down the line, if the Government has its way.

As for turning up the thermostat to ensure our gas boiler keeps our home snug and warm on a chilly festive morning — that simple action too, is under threat, even though some 90 per cent of all homes in Britain are heated by gas.

Householders across the country will be horrified to learn that, over the next decade or two, the Government plans to phase out all our gas-fired cookers and heating systems —forcing us to replace them at a cost of untold billions.

Official documents reveal the Government is seriously contemplating that, within 25 years or so, gas will be all but banned — along with petrol and diesel.

The intention is that not only our cooking and heating but much else, including our cars and most of the vehicles on Britain’s roads, will have to be powered by electricity.

The Government admits this astonishingly ambitious plan will be the most far-reaching energy revolution since electricity itself was discovered.

more

Now Whitehall's crazy eco zealots want to ban your gas cooker, writes CHRISTOPHER BOOKER | Daily Mail Online

don't tell truedough and wynnebag about this.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Governments and their ideas come and go but the people remain.
We have allowed the idiots to reign over us as it were but the time
is coming when people will finally have had enough. The same as
the politically correct crowd have just about had their fifteen minutes
of fame Long live the gasoline engine may it go on forever

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Because of the Great Global Warming Swindle and the desire of the liberal Establishment who rules us to be all "green" for no good reason, Britain will run out of power by 2020 and we'll all be living by candlelight. This nonsense has got to stop.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
candlelight glow is quite kind to the skin...

you'll probably have a white baby boom

see, it's all good

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
candlelight glow is quite kind to the skin...

That's not much consolation when you're back to living as people did in the medieval times and virtually the entire country and its economy is at a standstill because the electrical grid has gone offline due to the actions of the environMetalists building useless windmills everywhere rather than nuclear and coal-fired power stations.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That's not much consolation when you're back to living as people did in the medieval times and virtually the entire country and its economy is at a standstill because the electrical grid has gone offline due to the actions of the environMetalists building useless windmills everywhere rather than nuclear and coal-fired power stations.
well in the other thread you wanted to go back to old times...here's the thing, you can't pick bits here and there...when you get knocked back to the stone age everything goes not just the bad bits

and we all know, barring the Zombie Apocalypse, they aren't just going to remove your gas and electric unless or until it is replaced by something better

it is long past time for us to find other ways to fuel ourselves other than keeping saudi princes sitting on golden toilets

time to move forward or off with your head

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
well in the other thread you wanted to go back to old times

Alright, then. Let's all go back to living life without electricity, shall we? We'll all do it. You lot over there can try it out, too. Let's shut off the national electricity grid permanently and see how long we, and our national economies, can survive for.

But as I say, the people of Britain - and Canada, too - will soon be living by candlelight anyway within the next few years when our governments' crackpot "green" policies shut down the entire national electric grid as a result of them wanting to build windmills rather than coal-fired or nuclear power stations.

I'm telling you - This next decade is where we find out just where the Global Warming barmpots are taking us.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Alright, then. Let's all go back to living life without electricity, shall we? We'll all do it. You lot over there can try it out, too. Let's shut off the national electricity grid permanently and see how long we, and our national economies, can survive for.

But as I say, the people of Britain - and Canada, too - will soon be living by candlelight anyway within the next few years when our governments' crackpot "green" policies shut down the entire national electric grid as a result of them wanting to build windmills rather than coal-fired or nuclear power stations.

I'm telling you - This next decade is where we find out just where the Global Warming barmpots are taking us.
not us my dear...we have oil up the wazoo...yup....we can last for centuries if we go green (conserve it carefully) and greedily horde it..

you guys will be sitting in the dark and cold, our slaves begging for our resources...and we may treat you marginally better than you have treated us...

lot's of Quebecers though...they be papists

you're gonna have to get your nice face on...yep

our day is coming baby...prepare yourself to be ruled

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
One good hit from a solar flare and all the power grids and electronic equipment are down. Humans are stupid for putting all their energy needs into electricity and fossil fuel monopolies.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
One good hit from a solar flare and all the power grids and electronic equipment are down. Humans are stupid for putting all their energy needs into electricity and fossil fuel monopolies.
if I were a terrorist, I wouldn't bother killing a person here or there...I would knock the power grids out

hell it's torture without air in the summer, heat in the winter...no way to cook

when we were down for three days it was sheer torture even though we made it a party it was challenging

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Do they explain how the electricity is going to be powered and how they are going to get "consistent" power, especially when its needed. Will one have to "wait" to cook dinner until the "winds pick up" or the "sun starts to shine?" Or, is EVERYTHING going to be battery operated? Are they going to have enough "landfills" for all those batteries because even re-chargeable batteries have a lifespan.

The idea is so lubricous, its unbelievable. Time to stand up now!!

JMO

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
And what are you dong about it for yourself?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Do they explain how the electricity is going to be powered and how they are going to get "consistent" power, especially when its needed. Will one have to "wait" to cook dinner until the "winds pick up" or the "sun starts to shine?" Or, is EVERYTHING going to be battery operated? Are they going to have enough "landfills" for all those batteries because even re-chargeable batteries have a lifespan.

The idea is so lubricous, its unbelievable. Time to stand up now!!

JMO

I had to look that word up:

1. Full of or displaying sexual desire.
  2. Sexually stimulating; salacious.
    a book of lubricious photographs.
  3. Having a slippery or smooth quality.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Sorry. Ain't gonna happen. The grid is being rebuilt and hardened. Ha ha.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Nuclear amounts to a century's worth of mortgage on a plant that will have to be completely rebuilt in 25 years - look at Ontario Hydro (and what it morphed into in the debt evasion process)