ISIS Seets Sights on Saudia Arabia

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
In a 17-minute audio message, purportedly from its elusive leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the group sets its sights firmly on Saudi Arabia, birthplace of Islam and the world's largest oil producer and exporter.

The speaker does not refer to it as Saudi Arabia, since this is a name derived from the ruling tribe, the al-Saud, whose authority IS does not accept.

BBC News - Islamic State sets sights on Saudi Arabia

Go ISIS go.........

BTW, its "Saudi and set" and title.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, how do you take sides between IS and Iran for example.

You almost want to cheer both sides on against each other.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Great if they go after SA...

Except that it means the Saudi's will pull the rest of the world in to help defend them.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The are heading home are they?

It's funny how blowback works. The Saudis were funding Sunni IS against Shi'a Iraq until the dog decided to bite the feeder's hand and Saudi realized... Oops. You reap what you sow I guess.

Kind of like when the US funded the Taliban against the Soviets or Saddam Hussain against Iran.

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
Islam and 7th century tribal feuds have left such a clusterf uck of alliances, truces, betrayals and grievances nobody knows what is going on. Hell, I'll bet now that ISiS is on the Saudi border (just reported) Iran is sending them aid.

What a mess. I love it. Mohammed would be proud though, he loved this ****.

Side note: anyone who thinks Iran or any other Muslim country in the region should have nukes this latest nonsense should prove that we should bomb anyone who tries to get them to dust before allowing it to happen.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hell, I'll bet now that ISiS is on the Saudi border (just reported) Iran is sending them aid.

They've controlled areas along part of the Iraqi-Saudi border for quite some time. i was wondering if/when they'd decide to walk across the line.

anyone who thinks Iran or any other Muslim country in the region should have nukes this latest nonsense should prove that we should bomb anyone who tries to get them to dust before allowing it to happen.

Too late, Pakistan already has them.