Germany teaching Islam to better know Muslims

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
For the first time, German state schools are offering classes in Islam to primary school students using state-trained teachers and specially written textbooks, as officials try to better integrate the nation’s large Muslim minority and counter the growing influence of radical religious thinking.

The classes offered in Hesse state are part of a growing consensus that Germany, after decades of neglect, should do more to acknowledge and serve its Muslim population if it is to foster social harmony, overcome its ageing demographics, and head off a potential domestic security threat.

The need, many here say, is ever more urgent. According to German security officials and widespread reports in the German news media, this past semester at least two young Germans from Hesse — one thought to be just 16 — were killed in Syria after heeding the call for jihad and apparently being recruited by hardline Salafist preachers in Frankfurt.

Such cases have stirred alarm not only that some young Germans are increasingly feeling alienated and vulnerable to recruitment, but also that they will eventually bring their fight home, along with new skills in the use of weapons and explosives gained on distant battlefields. Other parts of Europe with expanding Muslim minorities — including France, Britain, Spain and Scandinavian countries — are facing similar challenges of integration and radicalisation.

more

Germany teaching Islam to better know Muslims | GulfNews.com

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Europe has sold out to Islam..

Video: Islam’s Takeover of Europe | FrontPage Magazine

Islam hates Gays, Christians and treat their women likes dogs.. what else is there to know about this backward religious cult.

What is funny on this forum is the the same people who defend Islam on this forum attack Russia for not wanting Gay propaganda.

Russia is not executing the Gays like many Islamic countries...nope, just tired of Gay Parades and Propaganda pushing Homosexuality.

Take it to the bed room already... don't really want to know your sexual preferences.. and your dam parades will never beat out the Brazilian Carnival ;)

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
For the first time, German state schools are offering classes in Islam to primary school students using state-trained teachers and specially written textbooks, as officials try to better integrate the nation’s large Muslim minority and counter the growing influence of radical religious thinking.

The classes offered in Hesse state are part of a growing consensus that Germany, after decades of neglect, should do more to acknowledge and serve its Muslim population if it is to foster social harmony, overcome its ageing demographics, and head off a potential domestic security threat.

The need, many here say, is ever more urgent. According to German security officials and widespread reports in the German news media, this past semester at least two young Germans from Hesse — one thought to be just 16 — were killed in Syria after heeding the call for jihad and apparently being recruited by hardline Salafist preachers in Frankfurt.

Such cases have stirred alarm not only that some young Germans are increasingly feeling alienated and vulnerable to recruitment, but also that they will eventually bring their fight home, along with new skills in the use of weapons and explosives gained on distant battlefields. Other parts of Europe with expanding Muslim minorities — including France, Britain, Spain and Scandinavian countries — are facing similar challenges of integration and radicalisation.

more

Germany teaching Islam to better know Muslims | GulfNews.com
Sounds like a smart way to go.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A sad day indeed. If anybody could have stopped the pain in a$s religious blight trying to change politics of our day across Europa to better suit them it was Germany.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Learning comparative religion is a valuable thing. Finding out why people dress funny, act funny, instead of making it up as you go along and fearing the differences, is a great tool for stopping bigotry in its tracks.

So long as it's an informative class, a 'get to know your neighbours' type deal, and not an indoctrination, kudos to Germany.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Do they also teach Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, etc, etc?

Judaism, that one is one that's a no brainer, but when it comes to the others, I don't think the cultural strife exists that exists with the Islam, so they're not needing to. Personally, I say teach them all. Teach atheism too. Comparative religion is a valuable tool.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The problem is when it comes to Islam its not about bigotry or hatred
they are not about understanding they are about conquest and world
domination. Why is it that when the Nazis or Communists made that
their focus we took issue with it and in this case we turn a blind eye.
I didn't know much about the sikhs but I learned from friends. They are
not trying to dominate the society either. The Buddhists are not trying
to dominate others, nor Baha'i faith either
We don't understand Islam is a political agenda as well as an ideology
and therein lies the difference. I think the time has come to tell all
religions they are going to obey the law of the land like everyone else
or face the consequences.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The problem is when it comes to Islam its not about bigotry or hatred
they are not about understanding they are about conquest and world
domination. Why is it that when the Nazis or Communists made that
their focus we took issue with it and in this case we turn a blind eye.
I didn't know much about the sikhs but I learned from friends. They are
not trying to dominate the society either. The Buddhists are not trying
to dominate others, nor Baha'i faith either
We don't understand Islam is a political agenda as well as an ideology
and therein lies the difference. I think the time has come to tell all
religions they are going to obey the law of the land like everyone else
or face the consequences.

Well said lad... well done.

See I told you you were conservative.

Again... well done.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Eagle it isn't a matter of conservative or liberal views its common sense regardless
of what side of the fence one is on. And yes I am conservative about some things
and quite liberal on other issues. Many engage in activities that might harm them
and in other cases there are those who engage in activities that harm others and
those are the ones I take issue with

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Eagle it isn't a matter of conservative or liberal views its common sense regardless
of what side of the fence one is on. And yes I am conservative about some things
and quite liberal on other issues. Many engage in activities that might harm them
and in other cases there are those who engage in activities that harm others and
those are the ones I take issue with

You're conservative on most except for your rants against conservatives that are simply just rants. Going off on the same people that share your views except you may be a little more conservative than they.

Whoa Pete... what did you do?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Hey, Eagle, is there a movement in the States bannered "America teaching Republicans to know capitalism better"?

Sorry about the incomplete parallel construction; didn't want to needlessly split the infinitive.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Damngrumpy... there is a difference between learning tolerance toward other religions, and allowing them free legal reign. Frankly I think it would be a lot easier to achieve secularism if we weren't constantly viewing it as one religion being the 'winner' and setting policy. And that won't come until Muslims and Christians are neighbours, true neighbours, which will of course only happen if both parties are understanding.

Kudos to Germany for trying something different. God knows what's happening elsewhere doesn't seem to be having the desired effect.