Tories delete every pre-2010 speech and news story from their website

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
in an attempt to rewrite history

• Speeches, articles and press releases disappear from Conservatives.com
  • Web robots used to stop search engines keeping records of pledges
  • Labour accuses David Cameron of trying to 'delete' broken promises

The Conservatives have deleted everything the party said before the last election from its website to stop people checking if they have broken promises.

A decade of speeches, articles and press releases has been wiped from the archive, with the material also disappearing from search engine results.

The attempt to rewrite digital history appears to be at odds with David Cameron’s pro-transparency declaration that political leaders had to ‘let go of the information that we've guarded so jealously’.

more

Tories delete every pre-2010 speech and news story from their website in an attempt to rewrite history | Mail Online

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Lol. Yeah, that'll make it like it never happened. An attempt to rewrite history? What an idiotic headline.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Loc is simply pre-empting the ideologues in the forum with this OP.

I think a disclaimer would have been appropriate ........

This post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the poster :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Loc is simply pre-empting the ideologues in the forum with this OP.

Really? See I figured it was about posting any old idiotic headline out of the U.K. to pre-empt one specific member, lol.

I think a disclaimer would have been appropriate ........

This post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the poster :lol:

I think that disclaimer should be automatic on all OP's. ;)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Really? See I figured it was about posting any old idiotic headline out of the U.K. to pre-empt one specific member, lol.

I think that disclaimer should be automatic on all OP's. ;)

Moi? :lol:

I'd never...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Moi? :lol:

I'd never...

Cool and collected though you may be.....you know how the game is played. ;)

lol

BTW, I'm not complaining. Sometimes it can be genuinely fascinating to see the pretzel twists that occur in order to put a positive spin on things. :D

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How long are political parties supposed to keep stuff available online? And, is 'letting go of closely guarded information', the same as making their own public archive for it?

Seems to me that I would never expect a political party to have decades worth of searchable stuff for me to see anyway, so, I find this of no concern, even if it were a political party that mattered doing it (what was that about games SLM? ;) )

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
ANONYMOUS A public address to the British Government

To David Cameron and the serving unelected coalition Government,

We, being the Real Anonymous, We, as being the general public and People of the United Kingdom, acknowledge your declaration of social warfare and false austerity against all the citizens of this nation.

We acknowledge your only interest in political appointment, is that of self interest.

We acknowledge your contempt for the majorities common concerns, and the long-term security of our nations welfare assets.

We acknowledge that yours is not a Government that leads in the interest of the common good for all the people of this nation.

We acknowledge that your position in office is little more than a podium, for which you utilize to preach mass antipathy, and dictate an attitude of snobbery and hostility towards the people and families whom provide the main tax artery and revenue of this Country.

We now acknowledge the time has arrived, for us the General Public, to stand together and take all necessary ACTION to end your political tyranny against us.

We accept, as too must you, that you are no longer regarded as our civil leaders, nor our worldwide representatives.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTBeQepP6bY