Imprison the Royal Family and Abolish the Monarchy

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

She's the most famous person in the world. End of. Sod your silly list conducted by some obscure website.

Here's a couple more

IMDb: Top 25 most famous people of 2011 - a list by dean-103-284721 (external - login to view)

Ten most famous people still alive today (external - login to view)

Most people under 40 in Britain respect and admire the Queen and think Britain is better off as a monarchy.

Got a link or are you simply assuming that everyone maintains the same unhealthy fixation as yourself?

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNickView Post

And they have taken a lot more than they ever generated.

Bull****.

Quote:

If he doesn't live there he isn't required to. He pays his taxes in the USA.

He's no right to complain when he's swanned off abroad to avoid paying UK taxes.

Quote:

Really, take your own advice.
Queen costs each person in Britain 52p - (external - login to view)
Telegraph
(external - login to view)

The fact that you are trying to make the monarchy look expensive by giving me a website which states that they only cost each person the same as a chocolate bar each YEAR is just laughable.

I wonder how much a President Cameron or a President Blair (perish the thought) would cost each one of us every year.

Quote:

Should we look at all the other coutries currency or do you just want to go
with you are full of sh*t and making it up as you go?

You can do what you like. She still appears on far more coins and banknotes and stamps and paintings, and she appears in far more newspapers, books, websites, magazines and on TV channels around the world every single day than Lydon does.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

You can do what you like. She still appears on far more coins and banknotes and stamps and paintings, and she appears in far more newspapers, books, websites, magazines and on TV channels around the world every single day than Lydon does.

Skid marks appear on underwear the world over... Doesn't make them famous

gerryh
+1

So she doesn't live off the taxpayer's money. That is news, you should post some links.

What, no response regarding your erroneous claims about the money? Not that I expect any from you.

post the links supporting your claim. Show how much, we in Canada, pay out to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and her immediate family. We'll start there.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Here's a couple more

IMDb: Top 25 most famous people of 2011 - a list by dean-103-284721 (external - login to view)

Ten most famous people still alive today (external - login to view)

And how do they come up with these silly lists? Do they go around the world asking people what the most famous person in the world is?

The most famous person in the world, by any measure, is the Queen, and anyone with an ounce of commonsense would tell you that.

Quote:

Got a link or are you simply assuming that everyone maintains the same unhealthy fixation as yourself?

Why don't you do your own research? It may be an inconvenient truth for you that the monarchy is very popular in Britain, especially Her Majesty, even amongst younger people.

in fact, she's probably more popular amongst the under 25s than she is with older people.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

post the links supporting your claim. Show how much, we in Canada, pay out to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and her immediate family. We'll start there.

Why can't you do your own research instead of asking me?

The monarchy in Britain cost each person just 52p in 2012. You won't get a system of governance much cheaper than that.

You do your own reserach on how much it costs Canadians, if anything.

And the monarchy doesn't go into the Queen's pockets. That would be like saying the money that Americans are charged for their republic all goes into the pockets of Obama. Or all the money that the French pay for their courrupt republic all goes into Hollande's bank account. It's just a silly thing to say and shows a lack of research.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

And how do they come up with these silly lists? Do they go around the world asking people what the most famous person in the world is?

Yes

The most famous person in the world, by any measure, is the Queen, and anyone with an ounce of commonsense would tell you that.

Sorry Blackie, but doesn't seem to be the case now, does it?

Why don't you do your own research? It may be an inconvenient truth for you that the monarchy is very popular in Britain, especially Her Majesty, even amongst younger people.

in fact, she's probably more popular amongst the under 25s than she is with older people.

I already told you, people under 25 think that The Queen is someone they know that might cross-dress

Blackleaf

Yes

And they do that in every country do they?

Quote:

Sorry Blackie, but doesn't seem to be the case now, does it?

Well, I can't think of a single person more recognisable than the Queen. And neither can you, for that matter.

Quote:

I already told you, people under 25 think that The Queen is someone they know that might cross-dress

People under 25 see the Queen for what she is - a person to be respected and admired, and this has remained consistent for decades.

No president could ever command such levels of support and respect and admiration that the Queen has.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

And they do that in every country do they?

Yes

Well, I can't think of a single person more recognisable than the Queen. And neither can you, for that matter.

What you think is not representative of the global reality, is it?

BTW - I can think of many people that I (personally) think are famous long before the Queen jumps into my mind

People under 25 see the Queen for what she is - a person to be respected and admired, and this has remained consistent for decades.

No president could ever command such levels of support and respect and admiration that the Queen has.

Obama is considered far more famous already.

Nuggler
Blacky::"He's no right to complain when he's swanned off abroad to avoid paying UK taxes.""

How does one swan off a broad ? Must be a local thing

wan off ?

saw off one ?

too confusing for my colonial mind.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by NugglerView Post

Blacky::"He's no right to complain when he's swanned off abroad to avoid paying UK taxes.""

How does one swan off a broad ? Must be a local thing

wan off ?

saw off one ?

too confusing for my colonial mind.

He's swanned off.

BTW - I can think of many people that I (personally) think are famous long before the Queen jumps into my mind

But not one of them will be more recognisable than the Queen.

Quote:

Obama is considered far more famous already.

That's a good joke. You should become a stand-up comedian.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
The cast of the Sex Pistols comes to mind... Even Isaac Newton or Shakespeare.

The Queen is wwaaaayyyy down on the list.

... And Obama as well as Nelson Mandela are considered far more famous and in Mandela's case, far more important

Blackleaf

The cast of the Sex Pistols comes to mind... Even Isaac Newton or Shakespeare.

The Queen is wwaaaayyyy down on the list.

Yeah, alright then.

There are primitive tribes which worship the Queen's husband as a god, so they will also know who the Queen is, yet none of them will have heard of Shakespeare, Newton, the Sex Pistols, Obama or Mandela.

Yet they know not only the Queen but even her husband.

Quote:

... And Obama as well as Nelson Mandela are considered far more famous and in Mandela's case, far more important

The Queen is more famous than both and more important than both.

The Queen is Head of State of 16 nations and the symbolic Head of the Commonwealth, an organisation which covers a quarter of the world's land area including all of its continents (even Antarctica); has one third of the world's population and represents 15% of the world's GDP. This organisation has the world's oldest democracy (Britain) and the world's largest democracy (India) as members.

Mandela, on the other hand, is just a terrorist and Obama is the grandson of one.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
Is the monarchy the best form of government No. However the remedy to the
situation is a hell of a lot worse than the problem. Imagine taking the steps
you propose. First they wouldn't stop with the monarchy they would kill those
who even expressed a fondness for them and so it would go on as a blood
bath until people were literatlly tired of killing others. We condemn the Taliban
for doing what is being proposed in the opening picture.
Beside the Monarchy is a state of mind more than anything else it serves a as
sober thought process and keeps govenments under the system in tune with
a process that limits excesses.
Its like having a visionual concept of God even the semi devils are afraid of a
visual concept of God if that didn't happen anarchy would prevail.
Sometimes therefore it is better we leave some things alone that has muzzle
on the crazy left and the crazy right.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Is the monarchy the best form of government No. However the remedy to the
situation is a hell of a lot worse than the problem. Imagine taking the steps
you propose. First they wouldn't stop with the monarchy they would kill those
who even expressed a fondness for them and so it would go on as a blood
bath until people were literatlly tired of killing others. We condemn the Taliban
for doing what is being proposed in the opening picture.
Beside the Monarchy is a state of mind more than anything else it serves a as
sober thought process and keeps govenments under the system in tune with
a process that limits excesses.
Its like having a visionual concept of God even the semi devils are afraid of a
visual concept of God if that didn't happen anarchy would prevail.
Sometimes therefore it is better we leave some things alone that has muzzle
on the crazy left and the crazy right.

Monarchy isn't the best form of government because there are different types of monarchy. I wouldn't want to live in an Absolute Monarchy, although even that would be more preferable to living under President Cameron, President Miliband or President Obama.

Constitutional monarchy is the best form of government in today's modern world.

CDNBear
+1

SLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

It's a good show eh? Lol. I'm finding it fascinating.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+3

Monarchy isn't the best form of government because there are different types of monarchy. I wouldn't want to live in an Absolute Monarchy, although even that would be more preferable to living under President Cameron, President Miliband or President Obama.

Constitutional monarchy is the best form of government in today's modern world.

Your 'Monarchy' owes France everything as they essentially prevented the Germans from over-running your nation.

Don't you think it's time to have a day in the UK where you celebrate all things French?... Maybe a National Mime Appreciation Day perhaps?

PS - it's always a good show... And about to get better

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+1

Yeah, alright then.

There are primitive tribes which worship the Queen's husband as a god, so they will also know who the Queen is, yet none of them will have heard of Shakespeare, Newton, the Sex Pistols, Obama or Mandela.

Yet they know not only the Queen but even her husband.

Wow! They don't know what electricity is but the know the monarchy. I don't think a few oppressed African tribes is anything to brag about.

Quote:

The Queen is more famous than both and more important than both.

I hardly think the queen has done as much for people on this planet as Mandela. She is just a old hag leeching off society and inherited everything she has. I'm not sure why you are so in love with a German that married a Greek and claims to rule over England by hereditary right granted by god.
Quote:

Mandela, on the other hand, is just a terrorist

You are a f*cking nutter.

CDNBear
+2

You are a f*cking nutter.

Since you obviously aren't aware...

3 Things You Didn’t (Want To) Know About Nelson Mandela - The Backbencher (external - login to view)

Seriously dude, you're sucking all the fun out of mocking your ignorance.

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+1
Quote:

He signed off on the deaths of innocent people, lots of them

He was fighting racial tyranny and oppression in his homeland, not really terrorism. Compare his actions to G W Bush who signed off on many more deaths fighting for control of oil in foreign sovereign nations. No, Mandela was no terrorist, the apartheid regime were terrorists.

Quote:

As President he bough a lot of military hardware

10,000.00 South African Rands = 1,021.63USD
He spent 25-38 billion Rand which is equivalent to 2.5 - 3.8 billion USD

In terms of military spending that is peanuts.

Their global rank of military spending is 42nd
42 South Africa 3,735,000,000

compared to the US
1 United States 682,478,000,000

Quote:

Mandela was friendly with dictators

Lots of western leaders are friendly with dictators. The US and Brits have a long track record of not just being friendly but installing them and supporting them.

CDNBear

He was fighting racial tyranny and oppression in his homeland, not really terrorism. Compare his actions to G W Bush who signed off on many more deaths fighting for control of oil in foreign sovereign nations. No, Mandela was no terrorist, the apartheid regime were terrorists.

10,000.00 South African Rands = 1,021.63USD
He spent 25-38 billion Rand which is equivalent to 2.5 - 3.8 billion USD

In terms of military spending that is peanuts.

Their global rank of military spending is 42nd
42 South Africa 3,735,000,000

compared to the US
1 United States 682,478,000,000

Lots of western leaders are friendly with dictators. The US and Brits have a long track record of not just being friendly but installing them and supporting them.

Your moral relativism aside, not even Amnesty International would help him at the time...

But you go on embarrassing yourself making excuses for terrorism, lol.

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker

Your moral relativism aside, not even Amnesty International would help him at the time...

But you go on embarrassing yourself making excuses for terrorism, lol.

Didn't think you had anything worthwhile in rebuttal. Just more trolling. You need new material and a reversal of the lobotomy.

Colpy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Sons of LibertyView Post

As the world waits with bated breath for the emergence of the latest—and cutest—member of the British Royal Family, allow us to put forth a gentle reminder: In a just world, this innocent child would be going up for adoption, since its family would have been imprisoned for crimes against humanity.
The Royal Family is no better than a family of mobsters. It sucks its sustenance from the public coffers, enriching itself greatly at the expense of poor taxpaying citizens. It operates not as a meritocracy, but through strict nepotism and strategic alliances. And its strength is a rough measure of the lack of civilization in a particular culture. To be completely clear, we are not suggesting that people should "pay less attention" to the Royal Family, or that the UK should reduce the amount of money it spends on this obscene relic of a brutal monarchical past. We are suggesting that the Royal Family should, as an institution, be completely abolished, and that its remaining members be imprisoned and forced to work for the remainder of their lives to, in some token way, repay the public for all of these years of financial support. Perhaps by making license plates, or breaking rocks.
It is amusing to reflect upon the imperial past of England, and the inherent assumptions of racial and cultural superiority that fueled it, while also noting the fact that the UK...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Yes Mr. Lenin.....................

It works.

Don't fix it.

CDNBear

Didn't think you had anything worthwhile in rebuttal. Just more trolling. You need new material and a reversal of the lobotomy.

You didn't say anything worth wasting my time.

For good or bad, terrorism is terrorism. You called BL a nutter for calling Mandela a terrorist. He was a terrorist.

You got embarrassed, and I laughed at you. I really don't see why I needed to go any further anyways.

gerryh
+1

definition of hypocrite, nicki looking in the mirror.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

definition of hypocrite, nicki looking in the mirror.

I wonder if he even realises how similar his way of thinking is to that of the oppressive South African govt?

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker

I wonder if he even realises how similar his way of think is to that of the oppressive South African govt?

Not at all you stupid f*ck. I give anyone an equal chance to earn their way in life. I would even hire a dumb c*nt like you if you were the best candidate. I doubt you could ever understand that with all your beliefs I owe you the whole f*cking world and a $50 tip.

Now I will try once more to educate your pea-brain. Fighting oppressive, tyrannical foreigners who invaded your homeland is a legitimate rebellion. Dropping bombs on a foreign sovereign nation who hasn't attacked you or any other nation is terrorism. Not that I expect you to do anything but troll in response.

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
Britain owes everything to France that must have been right after the
white flag factory burned to the ground. Even the French continued
the fight from Britain.
Constitutional Monarchy is alright with me, I like others have some
things we would like to change but in comparison to other forms of
government it is not as bad as some play it up to be.

CDNBear
+2

Not at all you stupid f*ck.

I didn't think you did.

But it's good of you to admit you didn't know it, lol.

Quote:

I doubt you could ever understand that with all your beliefs I owe you the whole f*cking world and a $50 tip.

I don't think that, maybe you should learn to read, lol.

Quote:

Fighting oppressive, tyrannical foreigners who invaded your homeland is a legitimate rebellion.

Unless it's First Nations doing it, gotchya. You already admitted you didn't know you were similar to the oppressive South African govt.

Quote:

Dropping bombs on a foreign sovereign nation who hasn't attacked you or any other nation is terrorism.

But you advocate that all the time.

Quote:

Not that I expect you to do anything but troll in response.

Because that's all you're worth, lol.

gerryh
+2

Not at all you stupid f*ck. I give anyone an equal chance to earn their way in life. I would even hire a dumb c*nt like you if you were the best candidate. I doubt you could ever understand that with all your beliefs I owe you the whole f*cking world and a $50 tip.

This so reminds me of something a "good ol boy" from the southern states,that my Dad knew, said about African Americans:

I ain't prejudiced against ni ggers.
I ain't got nuthin fer em
I ain't got nothin gainst em.
and I think everyone should own at least one of em.