Why Must Israel Be a Jewish State?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
In the Bible it is not called a Jewish state. The Promised Land was promised to Abraham and his seed as well as all Christians or those who acknowledge Jesus as Messiah. Nobody else.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Israel is a Zionist state where the majority of the population happen to be Jews. As most Zionists are Christian, being a Zionist and being a Jew are not synonymous.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
In the Bible it is not called a Jewish state. The Promised Land was promised to Abraham and his seed as well as all Christians or those who acknowledge Jesus as Messiah. Nobody else.

If this is the case then there should be no issue of Muslims being in the area, since they, too, are of Abraham's 'seed'.

Oh snap.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Given how small their population is its probably not going to remain a 'Jewish state' for ever. Demographics change all the time.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't see why it should be a problem that Israel is a Jewish state.

Lebanon is a Muslim state. Canada is a Catholic state. Britain is a Protestant state. India is mostly a Hindu state. Israel is a Jewish state.

I can't see what the problem is.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Since when? If you were talking about Quebec before the quiet revolution I'd agree, but the whole country today? Doesnt make any sense.

More Canadians are Catholic than any other religion.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Since when? If you were talking about Quebec before the quiet revolution I'd agree, but the whole country today? Doesnt make any sense.

i think he's referring to the separate school sysgem entrenched in the BNA Act and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. But considering that our monarch must be a member of the Church of England, it might be more accurate to say a Christian state so as to include both laws.

More Canadians are Catholic than any other religion.

You beat me to the answer.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
If this is the case then there should be no issue of Muslims being in the area, since they, too, are of Abraham's 'seed'.

Oh snap.

Muslims recognize Jesus as Messiah [chapter & verse previously quoted] so that they, too, get an inheritance from Abraham

So, why are there so many of them?

Evidently, these professing Christians have not read the Bible.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Evidently, these professing Christians have not read the Bible.
Well it is pretty obvious that most don't read the whole thing. They are picky and choosey about which parts they read into their particular slant on the book. They remind me of the three blind men feeling different parts of the elephant and describing a completely different animal. But Zionism is not a religious point of view, it is a political one. It is the Zionists who have fed us the propaganda that criticism of Zionism is a criticism of Jews and that it is a racist thing to do. It is total BS that way too many people have bought into.

Last edited:

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
67% declared Christianity in the 2011 census. We don't make that big a distinction between Catholic and Protestent here in civilization.

There are more Catholics in Canada than people of any other religion.

And I can't see how you can't make a distinction between Catholicism and Protestantism. The two are quite different.

Israel never was a Jewish State in the past, why start now?

It's always been a Jewish state since the day it was founded.