Saudi Arabia: Five Yemenis beheaded, bodies displayed

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via bcf:

Our Ally! Saudi Arabia: Five Yemenis beheaded, bodies displayed

Dubai, 21 May - Saudi Arabia today executed five Yemenis and publicly displayed their bodies, local media reported. The five men, among them three brothers, were accused of a number of robberies in several different areas of the country and of killing a Saudi.

Their deaths take the number of executions in Saudi Arabia to at least 45 since the beginning of the year with six this week.

On Monday a Syrian was beheaded after being found guilty of drug trafficking.

Saudi Arabia has the third highest execution rate after China and Iran and it is carried out for crimes including murder, rape, armed robbery, drug trafficking and apostasy.

The method of execution is usually decapitation with a saber.

Saudi Arabia: Five Yemenis beheaded, bodies displayed - Yemen - ANSAMed.it

Quite easy to find this photo if it grabs you.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What wonderful people and we want to open the doors to the Middle East with their
Middle Ages belief system. To be somewhat fair, I have changed my mind on the
prospect of execution for certain crimes First Degree Murder and Rape or the murder
of a child. Apostasy give me a break because someone says they don't believe the
religious doctrine of the nation they are murdered by the nation.
As good kind people we don't call them on it, why? Cause we want the oil that's why
Our moral and ethical measurement is abandoned when it comes to oil.
Its alright to bully Cuba, but not China, not the Middle East and a host of other states
that we should be questioning their sanity let alone do business with them.
Execution is one thing, publicly displaying the bodies is lowering the bar on humanity.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
It was also the custom in the US and elsewhere to display the body of the person executed- Public hanging comes to mind.
Yes I find this disgusting- But if one is for the DP does it matter what method is used, hanging, poisons injected, beheading- All are equally disgusting.
Only we in the West do not want to see the body of executed prisoner. Can`t have that on TV over supper, Heaven forbid our children see what barbarism we practice but hide away from.

Yes I am well aware that some (non family member) would love to watch an execution- Something wrong there as well.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It was also the custom in the US and elsewhere to display the body of the person executed- Public hanging comes to mind.
Yes I find this disgusting- But if one is for the DP does it matter what method is used, hanging, poisons injected, beheading- All are equally disgusting.
Only we in the West do not want to see the body of executed prisoner. Can`t have that on TV over supper, Heaven forbid our children see what barbarism we practice but hide away from.

Yes I am well aware that some (non family member) would love to watch an execution- Something wrong there as well.
Display of the body is barbaric but yes, dead is dead thus just one step beyond what the death penalty is really.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa

In principle one can argue that. I do find a needle and an easy death to be far better than say - crucifixion - which the Saudis do still use on occasion.