Trillions of $ in Gas, Oil & rare metals in Afghanistan

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Who would have thought it, besides me that is. All the nay-sayers have for years now declared there was nothing in Afghanistan to provide an ulterior motive for the US invasion. Now the truth is coming out.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/14/world/asia/14minerals.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Sounds great.. How do you plan to get this untapped oil or minerals (at a high cost I might add) to the markets?

On that note, what are the offset costs in dealing with the Taliban and myriad of other tribal extortion costs that will be conveniently added onto the overall costs.

May as well as try to mine diamonds at the top of Mt Everest for all it's worth

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Sounds great.. How do you plan to get this untapped oil or minerals..... to markets?

On that note, what are the offset costs in dealing with the Taliban and myriad of other tribal extortion costs that will be conveniently added onto the overall costs.

Yes and that was the issue in the 60's when the first studies of Afghanistan's vast mineral wealth were conducted-IOW this is all Old Old News.

Little if anything has changed since those days it's still a corrupt violent third world hellhole-well I guess there are a few more religious fanatics to deal with.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Sounds great.. How do you plan to get this untapped oil or minerals (at a high cost I might add) to the markets?

Not much different than dealing with some of the native bands here. Or governments for that matter. All in greasing the right palms.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

They say there is still plenty of silver in the mines around Tombstone AZ. However the cost of pumping the water out of them was not worth the silver in them.

Well there is always this to see.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If AF gov't had its poop in a group, it'd use whatever resources other countries offered and develop a nat. res. flow itself rather than allow other countries to develop it and scoop the proceeds.

They laugh at that kind of talk LG.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pop Quiz.

Which two countries stand in the way of an "Energy Corridor" from the S.E. Mediterranean coast's offshore NG resources to China's eastern border?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I know. S'ok, though. It's a method that works. We did it right here.

Sure it is. But they have there own way. Getting together for the good of AF is not in the plan. That was just a name some other people gave them. They have their tribes... and that is that.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Sure it is. But they have there own way. Getting together for the good of AF is not in the plan. That was just a name some other people gave them. They have their tribes... and that is that.
Yeah. Trouble with that plan is that they have stuff that other countries want. If other countries left them alone they'd likely be happy as a cat finding a 'nip patch.