Israeli settlements completely surround Jerusalem

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Recent News:
Israel is moving forward with plans for two major settlement projects in east Jerusalem, a spokeswoman said Tuesday, even as a senior Palestinian official warned that his government could pursue war crimes charges if Israel doesn't halt settlement activities.

International anger over Israeli settlement construction has snowballed in recent days, following last week's U.N. recognition of a state of Palestine — in lands Israel occupied in 1967 — as a non-member observer in the General Assembly.

Israel retaliated for the U.N. recognition of Palestine in the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem by announcing plans to build 3,000 homes in settlements on war-won land, as well as preparations for construction of an especially sensitive project near Jerusalem, known as E-1.

The Israeli reprisal has thrust Israel's strongest Western allies into an unusually harsh showdown with the Jewish state.

On Tuesday, Australia summoned Israel's ambassador in protest, a day after five European countries took such a step

Israel's deputy foreign minister, Danny Ayalon, on Tuesday played down the international response, saying Israel isn't happy about it but that "it's not the end of the world."

Israel to advance east Jerusalem building plans

People shouldn't tempt fate...

Israel's Jewish only colonies will soon completely encircle the Old City cutting off the last remaining link to the West Bank in contact with East Jerusalem.

I admit I'm speculating, but most likely Israel will be charged with war crimes for the colonization of the West Bank and Jerusalem. Israel probably knew this day would come and is ready with lawyers. Time is probably a motivating factor for their accelerating land grabs. They will try to drag this out in court while continuing to create "facts on the ground". Not only should Israel be hauled before the ICC... they should be hauled before the court as soon as possible to avoid war.

Ironic that the two state solution is realistically dead at the same time as the UN finally officially recognizes limited Palestinian rights. The current unfair, unjust and oppressive situation will inevitably lead to war...

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Zionism has always been about the 100% annexation and redemption of Jerusalem. Israel's latest land grab should make that clear to everyone.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was particularly angry over the harsh words and tone of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas’ UN speech Thursday night, during which he accused Israel of committing ethnic cleansing against Palestinians.
Israel announces plans for 3,000 more housing units in West Bank - thestar.com

Yes ethnic cleansing is a dirty word. But sometimes the truth is a dirty word. Israel tossing every dirty Arab out of Jerusalem sure sounds like ethnic cleansing to me. Although some might disagree:

The minister objected strongly to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's remarks before the UN voted Thursday.
"He basically accused the Israelis of some pretty heinous crimes, ethnic cleansing," Baird told CBC's Heather Hiscox.

This thread is about the definition of ethnic cleansing. Does the Jewish only colonization of Jerusalem fit the definition?

Last edited:

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
FYI: I could have supported the Judaism of Jerusalem if it was purely by donations and real estate transactions.

I oppose oppression, injustice and violence.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Recent News:

Israel retaliated for the U.N. recognition of Palestine in the West Bank, Gaza and east Jerusalem by announcing plans to build 3,000 homes in settlements on war-won land,

People shouldn't tempt fate...

Israel's Jewish only colonies will soon completely encircle the Old City cutting off the last remaining link to the West Bank in contact with East Jerusalem.

... To the victor go the spoils

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
You are quite right CM, but let's not pretend a pile of doo-doo is not $hit just because $hit is a dirty word.

Apparently our government does not consider Israel's actions to be ethnic cleansing:

The minister objected strongly to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's remarks before the UN voted Thursday.
"He basically accused the Israelis of some pretty heinous crimes, ethnic cleansing," Baird told CBC's Heather Hiscox.

Canada recalls diplomats after Palestinians win UN vote - Canada - CBC News

Does anyone agree with Baird? Is ethnic cleansing too harsh a word for ridding Jerusalem of dirty Arabs?

March 03, 2009
"The Ultimate Aim is the Transfer of Arab-Israelis"
Ethnic Cleansing and Israel

by CONN HALLINAN

One of the more disturbing developments in the Middle East is a growing consensus among Israelis that it would acceptable to expel—in the words of advocates “transfer”—its Arab citizens to either a yet as unformed Palestinian state or the neighboring countries of Jordan and Egypt.

Such sentiment is hardly new among Israeli extremists, and it has long been advocated by racist Jewish organizations like Kach, the party of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane, as well as groups like the National Union, which doubled its Knesset representation in the last election.

But “transfer” is no longer the exclusive policy of extremists, as it has increasingly become a part of mainstream political dialogue. “My solution for maintaining a Jewish and democratic state of Israel is to have two nation-states with certain concessions and with clear red lines,” Kadima leader and Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni told a group of Tel Aviv high school students last December, “and among other things, I will be able to approach the Palestinian residents of Israel, those whom we call Israeli Arabs, and tell them, ‘ your national solution lies elsewhere.’”

Ethnic Cleansing and Israel » Counterpunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Fill the Holyland with Catholics and Catholic Orthodox, that'll fix it.
It's only considered holy when God is the active landlord. Having the Romans dismantle the city and the temple (the only two things He gave back after the exile caused by them killing OT Prophets) and when it had finished serving it's purpose. The last acts they did was kill stephen and keep killing things in blood sacrifices showing they still hadn't caught on.

What are you trying to fix, the Jews or the RCC?

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You are quite right CM, but let's not pretend a pile of doo-doo is something its $hit just because $hit is a dirty word.

It is what it is.... Been that way since the dawn of time and no one culture can claim that they have not participated at one time or another

Apparently our government does not consider Israel's actions to be ethnic cleansing:

The opinion of our gvt has no bearing on the attitude(s) or philosophy in that region. It is between them.

BTW - no need to yell.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's only considered holy when God is the active landlord. Having the Romans dismantle the city and the temple (the only two things He gave back after the exile caused by them killing OT Prophets) and when it had finished serving it's purpose. The last acts they did was kill stephen and keep killing things in blood sacrifices showing they still hadn't caught on.
If you want to use the religious angle...The NT won that Championship in AD 32 and the rematch 38 years later. By all rights and a nod from God, we won. The Jews were punted and the Israelites signed up with Team NT with a lifetime inheirtable contract.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I agree.

How are you enjoying the spoils here in Canada?

That didn't happen here in Canada.

So when are you leaving?

I heard the Harper government is so impressed by the way Zionists have treated Palestinians, that they intend to use their approach as a basis for all future First Nation Land Claim negotiations. I hope you like walls, guard towers, razor wire and checkpoints. Resistors will be abducted, tortured and executed. Since you approve of the way Israelis treat their indigenous peoples, I'm sure you'll be happy. If not you better learn how to cope with being shackled in stress positions.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I heard the Harper government is so impressed by the way Zionists have treated Palestinians, that they intend to use their approach as a basis for all future First Nation Land Claim negotiations. I hope you like walls, guard towers, razor wire and checkpoints. Resistors will be abducted, tortured and executed.
Questions make you feel to uncomfortable?

I'm not surprised.

Since you approve of the way Israelis treat their indigenous peoples, I'm sure you'll be happy.
I do?

Oh, EAO's on the attack and making stuff up again.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Back on subject. Israel will soon completely surround Jerusalem with Jewish only colonies and they are well on the way of ridding Jerusalem of the last of the dirty Arabs who still live there:

21 March 2011 – An independent United Nations expert today raised the alarm on what he called the “intensifying” deterioration of human rights in East Jerusalem, including the forced eviction of Palestinians from their homes and continued Israeli settlement expansion.

“The continued pattern of settlement expansion in East Jerusalem combined with forcible eviction of long residing Palestinians are creating an intolerable situation that can only be described, in its cumulative impact, as a form of ethnic cleansing,” warned Richard Falk, the Special Rapporteur on the occupied Palestinian territories.

Presenting his latest report to the UN Human Rights Council, Mr. Falk said that, over the years, Israel has taken measures to irreversibly alter the demographic composition of the occupied part of Jerusalem.

“Israeli settlers have continued to take over Palestinian homes and expel Palestinians from their homes of decades and generations, while the Israeli authorities support their illegal actions,” he told the 47-member body which is currently meeting in Geneva.

Mr. Falk warned that the Government’s support for settlers’ actions “further illustrates the institutional and systematic discrimination against the Palestinian residents of Jerusalem by Israel, as well as the ongoing Israeli efforts to create what are euphemistically called ‘facts on the ground’ for the annexation of East Jerusalem.”

Earlier this month, Mr. Falk reported that, since the beginning of 2011, Israel has demolished 96 Palestinian structures throughout the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, consisting of 32 homes and other residential structures.

As a result, 175 people, more than half of them children, have lost their homes, a sharp increase compared to the same period in 2010 when there were 56 demolitions and 129 people displaced. At the same time, Israeli settlements in the West Bank have continued to expand,

United Nations News Centre - UN expert highlights worsening human rights situation in East Jerusalem

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Back on subject.
I was on topic. You brought your opinion on how to transfer land into the equation.

I'm asking you, how you justify living on land not acquired in that manner, and how that separates you from the Israeli's?

When are you coming back?
Ummm, ya, you really should try a forum more your speed.

maybe a Justin Beiber forum of something.