Syria Has Started Mixing Chemicals Used To Make Sarin Gas…

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Syrian forces began combining chemicals that would be used to make deadly sarin gas for use in weapons to attack rebel and civilian populations, a U.S. official tells CNN.

The United States obtained intelligence over the weekend indicating this development, according to the official who had direct knowledge of the latest information.

The intelligence, the official said, came from multiple sources but declined to provide any more details about how the United states learned of it.

Sarin gas, the source said, could most readily be used to fill artillery shells.

more

Syria mixing chemical warfare agents, U.S. official – CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

h/t Zip

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The hidden secret official? This is in the wrong thread. It should be in the Yellow journalism thread or possibly the Bankers want war thread or the Shoveling BS thread cuz it sure aint reliable traceable verifiable or clearly identified as rank propaganda spewed out of the globalist internationalist cess pool. When we actively work toward world war it is hoped that we get the worst of it.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The tide has turned and the rebels appear to be slowly gaining the upper hand, now that they can take out Syrian aircraft.

The Syrian government has lost ground and they'd move any chemical weapon stockpiles threatened by the rebel advances.

Syria denies they would use CW... against Syrians. But many rebels are foreign mercenaries. So the statement does not preclude CW use in Syria.

..Syria has said it would not use chemical weapons against its own people after the United States warned it would take action against any such escalation....

...More than 40,000 people have died in the conflict, with hundreds more killed each week..

Obama Warns Syria over Chemical Weapons, Violence... | Stuff.co.nz

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Foreign nationals fighting against the Syrian gov't are mercenaries.

Foreign nationals fighting against US, Canadian, or Allied forces, are freedom fighters.

Got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The intelligence, the official said, came from multiple sources but declined to provide any more details about how the United states learned of it.

Oh dear!!! If this is the same source that told them that Iraq had WMDs then they had better do something.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
A generally reliable source has just informed me that generally reliable sources are generally unreliable. But, they are great for stirring up the crowd.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
The amount of money arms and foreign mercenaries going into the rebel alliance could start a civil war in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan:

Saudi millions and special forces expertise turn Syria's rebels into a fighting force
Syria's ragtag rebel army is being turned into a disciplined military force, with the help of tens of millions of dollars of funding from the Middle East and under the watchful gaze of foreign former special forces.
Saudi millions and special forces expertise turn Syria's rebels into a fighting force - Telegraph

A generally reliable source has just informed me that generally reliable sources are generally unreliable. But, they are great for stirring up the crowd.

What do you expect from CNN?

February 6, 2003
Saddam Hussein recently authorized Iraqi field commanders to use chemical weapons, the very weapons the dictator tells the world he does not have.

One of the greatest dangers we face is that weapons of mass destruction might be passed to terrorists who would not hesitate to use those weapons. Saddam Hussein has longstanding, direct and continuing ties to terrorist networks.

CNN.com - Bush: 'All the world can rise to this moment' - Feb. 6, 2003

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Syria denies they would use CW... against Syrians. But many rebels are foreign mercenaries. So the statement does not preclude CW use in Syria.
What a crock, when are you going to learn that the west and the western media lie their asses off all the ****ing time? You would think that when most of the fighters are not nationals that the UN should be financing Russia to go in wipe them out.
Does this come just as Turkey get missiles on the border, show me one ****ing 'stat' that shows each and every one of those 'defensive' missiles cannot target a stationary ground target any time the operators want. The Rebels are in just as much danger as Syrian nationals, just like when the real rebels showed the British where their stockpiles were it got blown up and the they had no choice but to accept NATO as their new bosses.

In Syria the true Rebels are getting sick and ****ing tired of what the foreign fighters are doing. With NATO close enough for attacks in real-time there is no way to plant explosives so that one was done from the air by an outside government. If Syria is getting too close to wiping out the Rebel's supply lines then NATO will use eyes in the sky and their own guided munitions to do the damage and give the rebels credit.

Foreign nationals fighting against the Syrian gov't are mercenaries.

Foreign nationals fighting against US, Canadian, or Allied forces, are freedom fighters.

Got it.
You need spelling lessons, correctly spelled is like this, ' foreign terrorists'.
You just referenced the Baghdad sniper as a 'freedom fighter'?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I hope the Syrian dictatorship falls... But at the same time, I am aware that the Free Syrian Army has become a force because of support from abroad in the form of money, arms and mercenaries. No doubt outside agents are trying to manipulate the civil war and its outcome.

I'd have preferred more of a Egyptian styled popular revolution rather than a foreign backed armed insurrection.

I oppose dictatorships in general with a few exceptions. Singapore for example is successfully and prosperously run by a benevolent dictator.
http://www.sustainabilityinstitute.org/dhm_archive/index.php?display_article=vn210singaporeed

But the Assad regime was brutal and corrupt run for the benefit of a few wealthy powerful people while most Syrians were getting screwed over.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I hope the Syrian dictatorship falls... But at the same time, I am aware that the Free Syrian Army has become a force because of support from abroad in the form of money, arms and mercenaries. I'd have preferred more of a Egyptian styled revolution rather than a foreign backed armed insurrection.

I oppose dictatorships in general with a few exceptions. Singapore for example is successfully and prosperously run by a benevolent dictator.
http://www.sustainabilityinstitute.org/dhm_archive/index.php?display_article=vn210singaporeed

But the Assad regime was brutal and corrupt run for the benefit of a few wealthy powerful people while most Syrians were getting screwed over.

So we then should have a benevolent Dictatorship. Really.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I hope the Syrian dictatorship falls... But at the same time, I am aware that the Free Syrian Army has become a force because of support from abroad in the form of money, arms and mercenaries. No doubt outside agents are trying to manipulate the civil war and its outcome.

I'd have preferred more of a Egyptian styled popular revolution rather than a foreign backed armed insurrection.

You would eh? Guess what, your wants and wishes mean **** all when it comes to events in other countries, it probably means **** all in this country too.

Standard of living, that was promoted about Libya also when the truth is they had it better than any Western country. Do the comparison using Bahrain and Saudi Arabia as the countries that are used as the comparison, both well likes by the West. I already know the only reply you can give is a blank page.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Singapore's track record speaks for itself:

Just forty years ago Singapore was a war-battered British port on an island off the southern tip of Malaysia. It had a rapidly growing, poor, uneducated population living mostly in slums and houseboats. Singapore struggled along until 1965, when it became an independent nation with Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew in firm control.

In the next twenty years Singapore's economy grew eightfold. Average income per capita rose more than fourfold. The percentage of families living in poverty dropped to 0.3% (in the U.S. it is near 20%). Singaporeans' average life expectancy is now 71 years. No one is homeless. Population has stabilized. Virtually everyone has a job. The place runs like a Swiss watch.

Lee Kuan Yew would appreciate that analogy. Switzerland is his model. Singapore Airlines aims to outdo Swissair. Singapore likes to list its statistics alongside Switzerland's (its divorce rate is one-third that of Switzerland, its per capita calorie supply is equal, its movie attendance rate is six times higher). Lee's chief economic goal is to reach the per capita GNP of Switzerland, which will happen in one more economic doubling -- about 10 years, if past growth rates continue.

To produce his economic miracle, Lee Kuan Yew has interfered with every aspect of Singaporean life. To control population growth he set up free family planning clinics. Then he mounted education campaigns ("Plan your family small") and decreed that women having third-or-more babies would get shorter maternity leave, higher hospital charges, and less income tax relief. There is a $5000 reward for mothers who agree to be sterilized after their second child. Sterilized parents get top priority for public housing, and their children get into desirable schools.

Singaporeans now accept that two is the right number of children. When I asked one woman how she felt about that, she told me she'd like to have three or four. "But," she said brightly, "I understand why I shouldn't have that many. We are a small, crowded island." In fact the birth rate has fallen so low among highly-educated women, that Lee now offers incentives to "educated mothers" to have three children or more.

Singapore requires all workers to save 25% of their salaries. Their employers match that amount (after the recession of 1985, the employers' share was cut to 10%). The workers can claim the money only after the age of 55. This enormous forced savings rate is one of the secrets of Singapore's incredible economic growth. The money goes into a Central Provident Fund, with which the government builds roads, schools, hospitals, and especially housing.

We've been brainwashed to believe that only democracy can lead to freedom, justice, peace and prosperity. I'm inclined to support that viewpoint over the long term. But in the short term an intelligent benign dictatorship can be a more efficient way to achieve peace and prosperity. Singapore's criminal justice system is harsh, but fair. The people have fewer rights and freedoms. But for the last 47 years Singapore has benefited from the leadership of a wise dictator.

The problem is, what happens when the wise dictator dies and they are replaced by a cruel selfish dictator like the ones which have ruled Syria. So I don't think dictatorships are good over the long run, no matter how benevolent.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So we then should have a benevolent Dictatorship. Really.
How is that working out for the citizens of Libya, how much has the living conditions improved for the citizens and the country that was debt free for many years, The West is ****ed beyond repair, it it their goal to make sure nobody ever gets to follow a different path,

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Singapore's track record speaks for itself:

Just forty years ago Singapore was a war-battered British port on an island off the southern tip of Malaysia. It had a rapidly growing, poor, uneducated population living mostly in slums and houseboats. Singapore struggled along until 1965, when it became an independent nation with Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew in firm control.

In the next twenty years Singapore's economy grew eightfold. Average income per capita rose more than fourfold. The percentage of families living in poverty dropped to 0.3% (in the U.S. it is near 20%). Singaporeans' average life expectancy is now 71 years. No one is homeless. Population has stabilized. Virtually everyone has a job. The place runs like a Swiss watch.

Lee Kuan Yew would appreciate that analogy. Switzerland is his model. Singapore Airlines aims to outdo Swissair. Singapore likes to list its statistics alongside Switzerland's (its divorce rate is one-third that of Switzerland, its per capita calorie supply is equal, its movie attendance rate is six times higher). Lee's chief economic goal is to reach the per capita GNP of Switzerland, which will happen in one more economic doubling -- about 10 years, if past growth rates continue.

To produce his economic miracle, Lee Kuan Yew has interfered with every aspect of Singaporean life. To control population growth he set up free family planning clinics. Then he mounted education campaigns ("Plan your family small") and decreed that women having third-or-more babies would get shorter maternity leave, higher hospital charges, and less income tax relief. There is a $5000 reward for mothers who agree to be sterilized after their second child. Sterilized parents get top priority for public housing, and their children get into desirable schools.

Singaporeans now accept that two is the right number of children. When I asked one woman how she felt about that, she told me she'd like to have three or four. "But," she said brightly, "I understand why I shouldn't have that many. We are a small, crowded island." In fact the birth rate has fallen so low among highly-educated women, that Lee now offers incentives to "educated mothers" to have three children or more.

Singapore requires all workers to save 25% of their salaries. Their employers match that amount (after the recession of 1985, the employers' share was cut to 10%). The workers can claim the money only after the age of 55. This enormous forced savings rate is one of the secrets of Singapore's incredible economic growth. The money goes into a Central Provident Fund, with which the government builds roads, schools, hospitals, and especially housing.

We've been brainwashed to believe that only democracy can lead to freedom, justice, peace and prosperity. I'm inclined to support that viewpoint over the long term. But in the short term an intelligent benign dictatorship can be a more efficient way to achieve peace and prosperity. Singapore's criminal justice system is harsh, but fair. The people have fewer rights and freedoms. But for the last 47 years Singapore has benefited from the leadership of a wise dictator.

The problem is, what happens when the wise dictator dies and they are replaced by a cruel selfish dictator like the ones which have ruled Syria. So I don't think dictatorships are good over the long run, no matter how benevolent.
Singapore

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Actually it was because mortar shells were landing in Turkey, seem it was NATO munitions that have been given to the rebels so the story had to be changed , epic fail fot NATO.
Guardian – by Julian Borger A request by Turkey for Nato Patriot missile defences to be deployed on its territory followed intelligence that the Syrian government was contemplating the use of missiles, possibly with chemical warheads, Turkish officials have told the Guardian.
The officials said they had credible evidence that if the Syrian government’s aerial bombardment against opposition-held areas failed to hold the rebels back, Bashar al-Assad‘s regime might resort to missiles and chemical weapons in a desperate last effort to survive.

The Turks believe that the regime’s Soviet-era Scuds and North Korean SS-21 missiles would be aimed principally at opposition areas but could easily stray across the border, as Syrian army artillery shells and mortars have done.
A missile, especially with a chemical warhead, would represent a far greater threat to Turkish border communities, so Ankara decided last month to ask Nato to supply Patriot missile defence systems, which can spot an incoming missile and intercept it.
Propaganda Alert: Turkey requested Nato missile defences over Syria chemical weapons fears | _

21st Century Wire’s analyst Patrick Henningsen talks with RT News about the West and their Gulf state proxies’ backing of terrorist groups in Syria in order to accelerate regime change in Syria and to further destabilize the Middle East region. Washington and Britain are actively supporting al Qaeda and other FSA-related foreign fighters in Syria, a policy which is an international war crime and is costing thousands of innocent lives, and billions of dollars to western taxpayers and to the people in Syria.
“Western Leaders Are Encouraging Terrorist Blood Bath in Syria” says Henningsen « 21st Century Wire