Russian Christians Demand Apple Change 'Offensive' Logo to Cross


tay
+1
#1
Christians from Russia's Orthodox community are demanding that the country's Apple division remove the famous half-bitten apple logo from its products and replace it with a cross, because they find the apple image offensive to their beliefs.

In popular culture, an apple is often used to represent the fruit that Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge when tempted by the devil, as found in Genesis 3 in the Bible – although the exact type of fruit is not mentioned in Scripture.

Still, conservative Christians in Russia have insisted that the logo should be removed and replaced with a cross, Xbitlabs.com reported from a translated article from Interfax news agency.

The Russian conservatives may get their way and force Apple to change its logo because of new laws being proposed in the country's parliament on blasphemy and insults targeting religious, spiritual, or national values. It is expected that President Vladimir Putin will back the laws, especially since the Russian Orthodox Church heavily supported him during his election campaign in 2012.

Besides replacing the logo, conservatives may even stop Apple product sales in Russia if they manage to convict the company of committing anti-religious deeds.

Russian Christians Demand Apple Change 'Offensive' Logo to Cross (external - login to view)
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Corduroy
+6
#2  Top Rated Post
Wouldn't turning the cross into a commercial symbol be even more offensive?
 
petros
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Wouldn't turning the cross into a commercial symbol be even more offensive?

Nope. It's like making it Kosher.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#4
You can get iPhones in Russia?
 
SLM
No Party Affiliation
#5
Yeah, good luck with that one.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

You can get iPhones in Russia?

There is no "I" in the Russian alphabet. I wonder if that confuses them
 
tay
#7
I'm going to assume they don't eat apple pie.................
 
Machjo
#8
Whoever said it's the same apple. In fact, who said it even was an apple that Adam and Eve ate?
 
Nuggler
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Whoever said it's the same apple. In fact, who said it even was an apple that Adam and Eve ate?


Adam ate Eve, who thereupon, ate an apple. What's difficult?
 
petros
#10


You know iconography of the bitten apple so maybe look into the story the E. Ortho Cross tells.
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#11
Nothing but more religious wingnuts trying to get their way.
 
petros
+1
#12
Their religion, their choice.

Everybody eats Kosher whether they know it or not. That doesn't bug me.
 
55Mercury
+1
#13
If you think they're offended now, just wait until the iJesus app comes out.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

Christians from Russia's Orthodox community are demanding that the country's Apple division remove the famous half-bitten apple logo from its products and replace it with a cross, because they find the apple image offensive to their beliefs.
In popular culture, an apple is often used to represent the fruit that Adam and Eve ate from the Tree of Knowledge when tempted by the devil, as found in Genesis 3 in the Bible although the exact type of fruit is not mentioned in Scripture.
Still, conservative Christians in Russia have insisted that the logo should be removed and replaced with a cross, Xbitlabs.com reported from a translated article from Interfax news agency.
The Russian conservatives may get their way and force Apple to change its logo because of new laws being proposed in the country's parliament on blasphemy and insults targeting religious, spiritual, or national values. It is expected that President Vladimir Putin will back the laws, especially since the Russian Orthodox Church heavily supported him during his election campaign in 2012.
Besides replacing the logo, conservatives may even stop Apple product sales in Russia if they manage to convict the...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
lmao Perhaps they should just ban apples in Russia and have done with it.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
#15
This is really too funny, maybe Apple should just not sell any products in Russia then the
young people would rise up. I can't believe the whack jobs some Christian movements
have become. Some even pronounce a helicopter as a heelicopter cause they don't
want to use the word hell. I swear some of these people wouldn't say sh*t if they had a
mouth full.
Here is another question that bothers me, how come so many apple farmers are conservative
Christians? If they are so down on apples and that apple eating Eve why do they grow so many
apples?
Seriously this whole thing is getting out of hand. offended Muslims, Offended Christians they
should all get a life. When those into apathy become offended we should worry until then its
nonsense.
 
petros
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post



You know iconography of the bitten apple so maybe look into the story the E. Ortho Cross tells.

What have you learned?
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
#17
Looking at the cross depicted here I often wonder how some people worship this
barbaric event as something wonderful. Christ was the Prince of Peace who the
rich and famous and religious I might ad killed him. Oh he died for our sins I am
told. This was a slow and painful crucifixion that was a political statement.
It was administered by the Jews and financed by Rome. That is also why the story
survives it was an assassination not a redemption exercise.
Rome was like Nazi Germany right wing fascism was the vogue, yes for those who
don't know Hitler and Caesar of Rome were right wing not left wing dictators.
Religion didn't like Jesus, he wasn't a Christian he was Jewish he came to reform the
Jewish faith just like Martin Luther wanted to overhaul the Christian Church.
If you listen to the message Jesus brought I believe he was left wing not right wing
and the whole Christian agenda was hijacked by the political right for political purposes
thus this is not about religion its about politics and not about apple period.
 
petros
#18
Orthodox are Greek Catholic of the Constantinople variety not Rome

www.saintelias.info/_pdfs/3barcross.pdf (external - login to view)

Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post



You know iconography of the bitten apple so maybe look into the story the E. Ortho Cross tells.


The Explanation:
On the Cross is our Savior, Jesus Christ. Note that He does not
wear a crown of thorns, and that His feet are nailed with two nails.
Behind the body of Christ, on either side, are a lance (which
pierced Him) and a sponge (which was soaked with gall and
offered to Christ to drink) on a pole made of reed or cane. On
the body of Christ is depicted blood and water flowing forth from
His side. Below the feet of Christ is four Slavonic letters meaning:
"The place of the skull became Paradise". Hidden in a cave under
the earth is 'the skull of Adam'. We are thus reminded that Adam
our forefather lost Paradise through the tree from which he
wrongly partook; Christ is the new Adam, bringing us Salvation
and Paradise through the tree of the Cross. The city of Jerusalem
is depicted in the background, for He was crucified outside the
city walls.
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Orthodox are Greek Catholic of the Constantinople variety not Rome

www.saintelias.info/_pdfs/3barcross.pdf (external - login to view)



The Explanation:
On the Cross is our Savior, Jesus Christ. Note that He does not
wear a crown of thorns, and that His feet are nailed with two nails.
Behind the body of Christ, on either side, are a lance (which
pierced Him) and a sponge (which was soaked with gall and
offered to Christ to drink) on a pole made of reed or cane. On
the body of Christ is depicted blood and water flowing forth from
His side. Below the feet of Christ is four Slavonic letters meaning:
"The place of the skull became Paradise". Hidden in a cave under
the earth is 'the skull of Adam'. We are thus reminded that Adam
our forefather lost Paradise through the tree from which he
wrongly partook; Christ is the new Adam, bringing us Salvation
and Paradise through the tree of the Cross. The city of Jerusalem
is depicted in the background, for He was crucified outside the
city walls.

Big F*cking Deal!!! Whoop de f*cking do!!! Nothing more than a bunch of radical nutters, which of course describes most religions.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#20
The place of the scull is Golgotha, and the Russians and Greeks often follow the
Orthodox Catholics known as Russian Orthadox or Greek Orthadox they follow the
Julian Calendar instead of the Gregorian its is a different world I guess. The whole
problem is they make the murder of someone a soul saving event mostly to cover
the fact they were part of the action.
Martyrdom is paramount here, for the bad guys killed our leader and now we must
rally round the cross.
Its nonsense much like the Insurance companies call floods and other disasters as
acts of God and they don't have to pay, unless you specifically cover the event under
special rates of course. And the chances of paying on it are as likely as being hit by
lightning which is probably another act of God in itself.
In any event the religious groups collectively have to understand they have become the
victim of corporatism like everyone.else. Get real Apple is not going to change its logo to please
some miscreant religion
 
petros
#21
Would you put a swatika on a laptop and not have many offended?
 
no new posts