'I am not a criminal' Conrad Black

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
So typical of the rich. None of the Banksters that ruined millions of lives in the last 5 years think they are criminals either. The only exception I can think of would be Bernie Madoff. At least he knew he was running a ponzi and turned himself in when it collapsed.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
So typical of the rich. None of the Banksters that ruined millions of lives in the last 5 years think they are criminals either. The only exception I can think of would be Bernie Madoff. At least he knew he was running a ponzi and turned himself in when it collapsed.

Only because he thought jail was safer than the street.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Barilko, why don't you do some reading? Nearly all the charges against Black were dropped. Conrad Black is one of the most intelligent and articulate men I've ever listened to. He will clear his name....he won't quit until he does.
I read that he was convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to prison what more do you want?

The man is a thief and a cheat-see his record of expulsion from Upper Canada College for selling exam records for details- he started thieving young and never stopped until the US govt locked him up.

I could post more but need to go purge my guts because I just reread your nauseating defence of gross corporate criminality.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Conrad Black is as guilty as hell. He is a conniving little criminal and does not deserve
to be allowed to come back to this country. He gave up citizenship to take on a position
a Lord and British citizen. Now he is a criminal and they should not let criminals into this
country.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Only 63% !?

63% of Canadians say Conrad Black should lose Order of Canada

The random telephone survey was conducted Saturday, shortly after Black called one British TV interviewer a “jackass” and another a “priggish, gullible . . . fool” for questioning his protestations of innocence during interviews to promote his new book.

“For a media baron he’s done a terrible job of promoting himself and explaining,” Forum president Lorne Bozinoff said Monday, describing the combative television appearances as “a disaster.”

The poll found 63 per cent of respondents agreed Black should have the Order of Canada, bestowed on him in 1990, taken away.

Just under one-fifth, or 19 per cent disagreed, and 18 per cent said they didn’t have an opinion in the poll that contacted 1,735 randomly selected Canadians over age 18.

more

Poll: 63% of Canadians say Conrad Black should lose Order of Canada - thestar.com

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What a way to describe yourself, I am not a criminal. Leaves the rest of us with some
thought ahead of us. I believe his following in the footsteps of another stellar citizen,
Richard Nixon who said I am not a crook.
They both were however and the only person they convinced was themselves.
Conrad Black should not only lose the Order of Canada he should not be in this country
is gave up his citizenship and we do not allow known criminals entry into Canada.
How does he maintain the order of Canada? He is not a Canadian.
yes he in fact, is a Criminal.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
""Only 63% !?

63% of Canadians say Conrad Black should lose Order of Canada""

None of the rest give a sh it. Neither, probably, do the 63%...........Stevo hands me an OoC, I'd do my best to make him eat it.

Hardly the proud medal it once was.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There were originally 17 charges against Conrad Black and all but two were dropped. Sounds like
some kind of shotgun prosecution. Fire enough shiit at anybody and some of it is bound to stick.
In Canada he was awarded the Order of Canada, in England he was made a peer or Lord. Were
they all idiots? I think Black just pissed of the wrong people.