The President Morsi asked to destroy the pyramids!


Monsieur
Free Thinker
#1
The Egyptian pyramids will they be destroyed soon? In any case require that certain Muslims , reports Front Page Magazine.

According to the website, which includes several Arab media, party officials like Egyptian Salafist destroy these monuments they see as "pagan symbols." Recently, "the Sheik Sheik" Bahrain Abd al-Latif Mahmoud called the new Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi "to destroy the pyramids to accomplish what the Shabi Amr ibn al-As could not do."

This phrase is a reference to the companion of the Prophet Muhammad who invaded and conquisl'Egypte in 641. Under his reign, many antiques and relics were destroyed.

The question is whether the Egyptian president, from the Muslim Brotherhood, is quite "stake" to implement this undertaking.
 
Machjo
+2
#2
How about they compromise and let the weather destroy them.

Could take some time, yes, but at least it'll save money on both maintenance and destruction costs.
 
gore0bsessed
-1
#3
This was exposed as propaganda long time ago.
 
WLDB
No Party Affiliation
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessedView Post

This was exposed as propaganda long time ago.

Ah, well thats good to know.

I doubt the Army would have let the government do it anyway. I imagine tourism is pretty big in Egypt. Destroying one of the main attractions makes no sense.
 
Colpy
Conservative
+4
#5  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessedView Post

This was exposed as propaganda long time ago.

Actually, not quite.

Although the idea was not the President's, nor is there any indication he intends to do anything of the sort. Nor have I ever seen a rational news source accuse the president of considering such an action.

The idea came from some whack-job Muslim preacher (redundant, I know) of some importance in Bahrain.

The much more sensible whack-job Muslim radical preachers of Egypt simply want to encase the ancient sites in wax.

The Egyptians are notorious for their careless handling of ancient treasures.

Muslims are notorious for destroying anything outside of Islam.

The Religion of Psychosis.
 
gore0bsessed
-1
#6
Any idiot calling for the destruction of the Pyramids has a mental illness and should be dealt with accordingly.
 
CDNBear
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessedView Post

Any idiot calling for the destruction of the Pyramids has a mental illness and should be dealt with accordingly.

I know it's not the Pyramids, but it was equally as important to many. I also know you like wikiality...

Buddhas of Bamiyan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Enjoy.
 
gore0bsessed
-1
#8
I know about that,
 
EagleSmack
+1
#9
Not to mention what is going on in Timbuktu at this very moment...

Timbuktu's Treasures Are Being Destroyed As World Watches Helplessly : The Two-Way : NPR

 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#10
We already had a thread on this and it's a hoax. Check out Front Page's site:

right wing news | FrontPage Magazine

It features an article about how Muslims are laughing at 911 with the creation of the down town Manhattan mosque. As we discussed here before, that mosque is pacifist Sufi, not Sunni. To blame Sufis for 911 is tantamount to blaming World War II on pacifist Quakers. Therefore, once again, it is a site with no credibility.
 
Misty666
#11
Yeah. That was the danger when this so called 'Arab spring' got going. You have to remember that the average Egyptian considers himself a good Muslim Arab not the decendent of the pagan Ancient Egyptians. Their decendents are of course the Copts...
 
MapleDog
Free Thinker
+1
#12
Will the religious whackos ever stop wanking on their jokebooks,isn't it enough to have destroyed the statues in afghanistan?
 
coldstream
#13
Islam has a history of being a self purifying entity. The more absolute its control of a region becomes the more intolerant of all 'infidel' influences... and the more rigid its implementation of Sharia Law and persecution of non-believers.

It's not a matter of extremism.. this is the accepted logos of ALL Islam. The more moderate forms of the religion are those 'infected' with Christian or other mores.. which at their core.. are irreconcilable with Islam.

It's simply not possible for a heterogenous, open society to exist in an Islamic state. There will always be that dynamic to 'purify' itself, and purge itself of outsiders.
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#14
It wasn't propaganda in Afghanistan they destroyed monuments and historic symbols there
Of course barbaric dark ages people do things that impact the future. Of course once they
go back people rebel and that usually brings out the best in them.
Remember the Christians engaged in this during the middle ages until we extricated ourselves
from their clutches. The other main factor was explorers proved the earth was round something
religion did not subscribe to. Unfortunately religion be it Christian, Muslim and otherwise are
again ignoring science and trying to rule the minds of people with theology,
Can you imagine if various religious groups got a hold of a variety of societies and spread their
nonsense?
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#15
Religion; sometimes the root of careless stupidity.
 
Misty666
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

It wasn't propaganda in Afghanistan they destroyed monuments and historic symbols there
Of course barbaric dark ages people do things that impact the future. Of course once they
go back people rebel and that usually brings out the best in them.
Remember the Christians engaged in this during the middle ages until we extricated ourselves
from their clutches. The other main factor was explorers proved the earth was round something
religion did not subscribe to. Unfortunately religion be it Christian, Muslim and otherwise are
again ignoring science and trying to rule the minds of people with theology,
Can you imagine if various religious groups got a hold of a variety of societies and spread their
nonsense?

Too true the Christians destroyed most of the ancient religion of the Egyptians and the Muslims came along and destroyed the rest! The only things that survived were either buried underground or too big ( although they had a go at the outer casings of the Pyramids for building materials for Cairo...)
 
MapleDog
Free Thinker
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Misty666View Post

Too true the Christians destroyed most of the ancient religion of the Egyptians and the Muslims came along and destroyed the rest! The only things that survived were either buried underground or too big ( although they had a go at the outer casings of the Pyramids for building materials for Cairo...)

Which again proves that religious obscurantism is and always was there,no matter who is your "god" christianity arrogantly called other cultures beliefs paganism,threw out all their stuff then they shoved crosses in the natives hand and told them "This is your god now"
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by MapleDogView Post

Which again proves that religious obscurantism is and always was there,no matter who is your "god" christianity arrogantly called other cultures beliefs paganism,threw out all their stuff then they shoved crosses in the natives hand and told them "This is your god now"

A few years ago the Taliban destroyed a large number of Buddhist statues while the world looked on helplessly. We shouldn't let the pyramids go the same way. The Buddhist statues were thousands of years old and should have been saved for the world. Destroying the pyramids would be a crime.
taliban destroyed buddhist statues - Google Search
 
MapleDog
Free Thinker
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

A few years ago the Taliban destroyed a large number of Buddhist statues while the world looked on helplessly. We shouldn't let the pyramids go the same way. The Buddhist statues were thousands of years old and should have been saved for the world. Destroying the pyramids would be a crime.
taliban destroyed buddhist statues - Google Search

I know i mentioned it earlier,the reason given that "they were an insult to their religion" was retarded,and it was said that there was no muslim in afghanistan when these statues were built,so the only insult done was against another culture.
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by MapleDogView Post

I know i mentioned it earlier,the reason given that "they were an insult to their religion" was retarded,and it was said that there was no muslim in afghanistan when these statues were built,so the only insult done was against another culture.

There was no insult. The Buddhist statues were an invaluable part of the history of the country and the world. Give a bunch of crazy
Arabs dynamite, and they'll find a reason to blow up everything.
 
earth_as_one
#21
Religious zealots in the Vatican have probably deliberately damaged and destroyed more priceless art out a sense of modesty than any other religious group. More than one Pope is responsible for hacking *****es off statues and painting over genitalia on hundreds or perhaps thousands of works of art.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#22
Our beloved Catholic Church has in it,s infinite wisdom destroyed the pagan cultural artifacts where and whenever they were found by those charged with that specific task. That being the complete destruction of history and truth with it. There is one nation in particular at this moment undertaking state sanctioned destruction of antiquities in Palestine. I haven,t seen that mentioned in this righteous thread.
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Our beloved Catholic Church has in it,s infinite wisdom destroyed the pagan cultural artifacts where and whenever they were found by those charged with that specific task. That being the complete destruction of history and truth with it. There is one nation in particular at this moment undertaking state sanctioned destruction of antiquities in Palestine. I haven,t seen that mentioned in this righteous thread.

It is not my beloved Catholic Church. I don't sanction the destruction of anyone's religious antiquities
 
MapleDog
Free Thinker
#24
Quote:

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

As we see here,the "official religions" are going against these "commandments"
like not forging idols,statues of the virgin,crosses etc.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

It is not my beloved Catholic Church. I don't sanction the destruction of anyone's religious antiquities

Yes I know that I only said it because they read these threads and I,m to young and beautiful to die on the rack.
 
Misty666
#26
Look the only way that religons work is to get everyone to believe. If everyone believes then it must be right - like Global warming. That's why religons cannot allow in the same area other religions and if they can get away with it they will eliminate them!
 
Blackleaf
#27
Let's hope the pyramids aren't destroyed. Part of my bucket list is to go and see them and the Sphinx.

Anyway they are protected by being a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
 
Misty666
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Let's hope the pyramids aren't destroyed. Part of my bucket list is to go and see them and the Sphinx.

Anyway they are protected by being a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Yeah - go see the pyramids while you can and take a Nile cruise both are great and they are Cheap!!!


When did anyone take notice of the UN?
 
EagleSmack
#29
Is it still propaganda?

‘Destroy the idols,’ Egyptian jihadist calls for removal of Sphinx, Pyramids
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#30
The truth is most of this is speculation it turns out. We have seen this in the Middle East and for
that matter it was very much a part of life in the Christian World centuries ago mostly by fanatics.
The positive thing about this process is, it comes about just before education comes to bear.
Once that sets in the civilization comes into being and the God as they know it begins to lose its
grip.
Instead of the Muslims lets look into histories reflective mirror for a moment.
First most of the pagan holidays became Christian Holidays celebrated at the same time as the
ancient practices, and that includes Christmas itself. Once the church established itself in the
holiday world it became the acceptable rational thought, even though it may or may not be all
that rational.
Next the church clung onto dominance by insisting on some certain truths.
The earth was flat, the sun travelled round the earth and we are the only beings in the universe.
To say other wise was blasphemy and you could be executed for that.
Well the earth is not flat, and the earth revolves round the sun. Hmm are we alone in the universe?
Next came the purging of witches and others and the Spanish Inquisition and the madness of the
middle ages.
In the end, we became educated and a society replaced the tribal practices that ruled with the church.
The same will happen in the Middle East as more and more people begin to ask the question our
society was asking centuries ago. And yes we still have fruit cakes in our society but most regard them
with amusement rather than as serious guardians of truth. No the Pyramids will not be destroyed on mass
but there will be some damage by ignorant fools and not all of them are Muslims either.
 

Similar Threads

13
Peruvian Pyramids predate Egyptian
by darkbeaver | Jul 28th, 2009
4
Enemy destroy all in their path
by Blackleaf | Jul 16th, 2007
1
US may help destroy Libya weapons
by I think not | Mar 31st, 2006
0
Henges are years older than the pyramids.
by Blackleaf | Feb 27th, 2006
no new posts