The President Morsi asked to destroy the pyramids!

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

The truth is most of this is speculation it turns out.

What is speculative about it?

Quote:

No the Pyramids will not be destroyed on mass but there will be some damage by ignorant fools and not all of them are Muslims either.

May I ask who do you think will damage them?

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
News pundits of our time will speculate about whether or not the government will do something
radical and the government at the moment is trying to survive its own term in office. Pyramid
destruction is not that high on their list.
Who will damage them? The bloody people who trespass through them in the name of examining
and exploring them they do more damage than the weather. I am not suggesting their is a great
plot here.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

News pundits of our time will speculate about whether or not the government will do something
radical and the government at the moment is trying to survive its own term in office. Pyramid
destruction is not that high on their list.
Who will damage them? The bloody people who trespass through them in the name of examining
and exploring them they do more damage than the weather. I am not suggesting their is a great
plot here.

I just hope cooler heads will prevail. But there is a movement out there that believes that these are idols.

Archaeologists?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

May I ask who do you think will damage them?

Tourists. Every morning dump trucks drop tonnes of limestone for tourists to take home thinking they have a piece of the pyramids

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Tourists. Every morning dump trucks drop tonnes of limestone for tourists to take home thinking they have a piece of the pyramids

They should sell them.

Hey that would be one way to destroy them. Open house on the pyramids and Egyptian antiquities. Tourists can rent a chisel. They can have a yard sale at the Cairo Museum.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

They should sell them.

Hey that would be one way to destroy them. Open house on the pyramids and Egyptian antiquities. Tourists can rent a chisel. They can have a yard sale at the Cairo Museum.

Brits already did that. The best way to buy a piece of the pyramids is to buy a building in Cairo.

They've been hacked at since the fall of the Egyptian royals.

darkbeaver
Republican
What about the destruction of the history and art of Iraq by the barbarian Yankee pig dogs and Israeli looters.