Jewish MP: Israel acting like Nazis in Gaza

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011

LiveLeak.com - Jewish MP: Israel acting like Nazis in Gaza

"Israel was born out of Jewish Terrorism" Tzipi Livnis Father was a Terrorist"

Sir Gerald Kaufman, the veteran Labour MP, compares the actions of Israeli troops in Gaza to the Nazis who forced his family to flee Poland.

During a Commons debate on the fighting in Gaza, he urged the government to impose an arms embargo on Israel.

Sir Gerald, who was brought up as an orthodox Jew and Zionist, said: "My grandmother was ill in bed when the Nazis came to her home town a German soldier shot her dead in her bed.

"My grandmother did not die to provide cover for Israeli soldiers murdering Palestinian grandmothers in Gaza. The present Israeli government ruthlessly and cynically exploits the continuing guilt from gentiles over the slaughter of Jews in the Holocaust as justification for their murder of Palestinians."

He said the claim that many of the Palestinian victims were militants "was the reply of the Nazi" and added: "I suppose the Jews fighting for their lives in the Warsaw ghetto could have been dismissed as militants."

He accused the Israeli government of seeking "conquest" and added: "

They are not simply war criminals, they are fools."

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You can't argue anything he says.

Because what he says is 100% accurate.
I choose not to. Simply because it's a subjective opinion, based on his emotions. There's no facts in there to argue.

Which of course comes as no surprise. The bulk of the material you've posted over your limited presence, has been virtually the same empty emotion.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It will be emotional given the subject matter, but everything he says remains factual.
To your standard maybe. But as has been shown many times over, your standards are low.

There is nothing but emotional opinion in that piece.

He offers no facts, and the only thing he touches on, that might be a something tangible, 'Palestinians killed were militants'. Has already been proven to be true, by Hamas' own web site.

It's OK cubby, keep trying, you might get it right one day.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
You can't argue anything he says.

Because what he says is 100% accurate.

You wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit you on the ass.

Unfortunately there are many Israelis who live for the day when all the surrounding semites are dead.

Gee Whiz, the Syrians are sure helping with that dream!! They've killed LOTS more Arabs in the past 16 months than Israel has in the past THIRTY YEARS.

(look it up)

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
goreObsessed, you are flat out wrong.

Israel would not involve themselves with Gaza at all, if the Palestinians would simply stop shooting rockets and mortars at Israel. They shoot hundreds of them every month, and they have targeted schools and hospitals.

Of course, to people like you, this would all be solved in the Jews simply moved out of Israel, and turned everything over to the Palestinains
. Or, if the Muslim's somehow figure out a way to militarily destroy Israel, and murder all of the Jews. I'd bet that would make you very happy!

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
...Gee Whiz, the Syrians are sure helping with that dream!! They've killed LOTS more Arabs in the past 16 months than Israel has in the past THIRTY YEARS.

(look it up)

If this uprising is successful, many innocent people (mostly Christians, Alawites and most of Syria's wealthy elite ruling class) and will be killed or forced to flee Syria. TIt could be argued that these people face an existential threat and are defending themselves.

If I recall you are on the record as saying that only killing 1000 innocent civilians every 3 weeks shows amazing restraint and care.

Yep.

The Israelis fought in the most densely populated area on earth for 21 days, using the most sophisticated conventional air, sea, and land power known.

They killed 1300 people. Somewhere between 25 and 50 % of those were militants.

they were carefully avoiding civilian casualties as much as possible while achieving their strategic ends.

In comparison, Allied Bomber command, using only air power, killed 80,000 people in the city of Dresden in a single night.........65 years ago.

THAT is targeting civilians.

The Americans killed considerably more than 100,000 in a single night raid on Tokyo.

THAT is targeting civilians.

At the very outside, 1000 dead civilians after 21 days of warfare in the most densely packed population centre on earth shows amazing restraint and care taken by Israelis.

Despite several incidents such as those above. Start tossing tons of explosives around, and Shyte happens.

Most of the people the Syrian government has killed have been in street battles with armed militants including members of radical Islamist groups and foreign mercenaries. Granted many armed militants are also ordinary Syrians fighting against injustice and oppression and many other casualties are innocent civilians. That sounds very similar to what the government of Israel faced in Gaza back at the time the MP in the Opening Post described the Israeli government as acting like Nazis in Germany. (For the record, I oppose the Assad regime for many of the same reasons why I oppose the Netanyahu regime.)

By your reasoning, oppressive regimes have a right to defend themselves from attack. Both the Syrian and Israeli governments are threatened by armed militants. Since you wrote that a 1000 dead civilians every 3 weeks shows amazing restraint and care, let's do the math to see how the Assad regime's level of restraint and care measures up with Israel's amazing level of restraint and care.

The Syrian uprising stated 15 March 2011. (70 weeks ago)

70 weeks / 3 x 1000 civilians = 23,333 dead innocent civilians

Latest casualty numbers:

July 19, 2012: Russia and China veto for a third time. This time Britain, France, United States, Germany and Portugal want sanctions added to a resolution which would renew the UN Supervision Mission in Syria. Rejecting sanctions against its ally, Russia says the west is seeking “military intervention” in Syria. Eleven countries voted in favor, Russia and China against, South Africa and Pakistan abstained. Activists say more than 17,000 have died in Syria.
UN Syria resolutions — three vetos

Many/most of these people are probably armed militants, but let's assume the anti-Syrian activists' estimates are accurate (and not inflated to suit their purposes) and 100% of these 17,000 dead are all innocent civilians (unlikely/impossible). By your words, it would be reasonable to assume that you would also describe Syrian government as acting with amazing level of restraint and care.

Would you agree that the Syrian government is acting with more restraint and care than the Israelis did during the 2008/2009 siege of Gaza? Would you agree that the Syrian government is not deliberately killing innocent civilians?

If not, then please explain why the Israeli government can kill innocent civilians at a greater rate than the Syrian government?

Also please compare the level of rights and freedoms enjoyed the citizens of Syrians and the non-citizen residents of Gaza?

Areas of comparison:
Freedom of the press and of other media of communication
Freedom of peaceful assembly
Freedom of association.
Mobility rights: the right to enter and leave national boundaries, to move to and take up residence anywhere within or outside the state.
The right to life, liberty, and security of the person
Freedom from unreasonable search and seizure.
Freedom from arbitrary detention or imprisonment
Equal treatment before and under the law, and equal protection and benefit of the law without discrimination.

Which oppressive and unjust government discriminates more on the basis of religion? The Jewish State of Israel or the Secular State of Syria?

Which group of people suffers greater oppression and injustice?

Do you believe that people who suffer oppression and injustice have a right to seek freedom annd justice in both Gaza and Syria? Is violence in pursuit of freedom and justice justified in either case?

BTW, these questions aren't just directed at Colpy. Feel free to add your 2 cents....

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
If this uprising is successful, many innocent people (mostly Christians, Alawites and most of Syria's wealthy elite ruling class) and will be killed or forced to flee Syria. TIt could be argued that these people face an existential threat and are defending themselves.

If I recall you are on the record as saying that only killing 1000 innocent civilians every 3 weeks shows amazing restraint and care..

Well I am in for a nickels worth- The 1000 you claim Colpy stated - was that during the last war between Israel and Hamas in Gaza in 09?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
When you quote someone, they have a little arrow next to their name. click on the arrow and it takes you to that post.
Ya I saw that. I figured you quoted the wrong thing, since it doesn't say what you claimed it does.

But here is the long version
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/n...oportionate-response-hamas-3.html#post1047510

Please feel free to agree or disagree with Colpy.
And it still doesn't.

Can you show me where in his post he said "1000, every three weeks" please.