North Korea is standing on the edge of a precipice

jasonmarz

Time Out
Jan 5, 2012
[FONT=&#44404]U.N lately agreed to impose strict sanctions on North Korea but North Korea didn't submit to it and declared the abrogation of U.S.-North Korea's agreement on 29th Feb. The reason why they've taken a strong position against the world must be based on Kim jung un and they've wanted to strengthen his system. Besides, they said that South Korea debased Kim jung un's dignity and they'll blow up Seoul(the capital city of South Korea). Kim jung un is a moron? He seems not to realize the reality and he's just focused to his pride. I think, in the future, strong or special sanctions on North Korea might not be necessary because Kim jung un can make North Korea collapsed by himself. [/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404]http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2012/04/17/2012041700398.html
[/FONT]

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
If the Americans ever go in, North Korea will get seriously spanked.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Kim jung un is a moron? He seems not to realize the reality and he's just focused to his pride. I think, in the future, strong or special sanctions on North Korea might not be necessary because Kim jung un can make North Korea collapsed by himself.
[FONT=&#44404][FONT=&#44404]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][FONT=&#44404][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][FONT=&#44404]Who do you think superpower China is going to support, communist North Korea or kick the communists in the balls South Korea.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][FONT=&#44404]Kim jung un is young, smart and will make a deal with China and China is the money that all countries in the world wants a piece of.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&#44404][FONT=&#44404]No capitalized country wants a world war right now so let the UN bang their drums because no one that can do anything is listening.

[/FONT][/FONT]

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
True on both points. But the N. Korean army was routed after the Inchon landings and UN forces were on the border of China.

We're just lucky it was a pennisular.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
China may technically be allied with North Korea, but from my observation when I was in China, the chinese feel closer to South Korea. I remember rumers among some Chinese that they believed the North Koreans had counterfeited Chinese currency; Chinese can barely travel to North Korea but many go to South Korea, many South Koreans go to China on business, but the only North Koreans there are travelling down an underground network whereby they escape North Korea illegally and then treck through China to escape to South Korea, and many Chinese women watch South Korean soap operas.

So while China may technically be allied with North Korea, its patience with its unruly neighbour seems to be wearing thin, and it does have friendly relations with South Korea.

In the end, friendly relations are far mor stable than strictly formal alliances.

The only reason China defends North Korea sometimes has to do with pure pragmatism: they don't want a refugee problem on their border, end of story.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You're going to see three things in N Korea very soon. A nat gas pipeline or three, large leaps in elecrtrical generation and transmission to South Korea and a rail link from China to South Korea.