Possible coup in China?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
'Tanks in the streets of Beijing': Chinese leaders order internet whitewash amid rumours of attempted military coup

Nervous leaders in China have blocked all internet reports of an alleged attempted coup. Online reports of tanks on the streets of the capital Beijing and shots fired within the secure leaders' compound - which is located next door the top tourist attraction, the Forbidden City - are being closely monitored by the international intelligence communities, including the U.S. and UK.
Popular Chinese microblogging sites Sina Weibo, QQ Weibo and the bulletin board of the search engine Baidu, all reported 'abnormalities' in Beijing on the night of March 19.

Geez, I hope oil doesn't go up. :p

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
BS. the stock markets would have reacted...
Review & Outlook: China's Coup Jitters - WSJ.com

Something is going on though as the Great Firewall of China has closed its gates. But its not a coup attempt.

However, it appears some sort of change has occurred and the Chinese government may be attempting to control the way the information is released. If I was to guess, I'd say a senior member of the Politburo croaked.

As to whether is was or not a coup attempt is to early. But I have stated for years China is headed for a bloody revolution.
And the heads of Princelings will roll. Many have passports for catch this, Canada - Monies placed all over the world.

It is only a matter of time. Not today perhaps but it will come.

Last edited:

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Coup? What coup?

China arrests over coup rumours

Chinese police have arrested six people and shut 16 websites after rumours were spread that military vehicles were on the streets of Beijing, officials say.
The web posts were picked up last week by media outlets around the world, amid uncertainty caused by the ouster of top political leader Bo Xilai.
The State Internet Information Office (SIIO) said the rumours had a "very bad influence on the public".

BBC News - China arrests over coup rumours

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Coup? What coup?
China arrests over coup rumours
Chinese police have arrested six people and shut 16 websites after rumours were spread that military vehicles were on the streets of Beijing, officials say.
The web posts were picked up last week by media outlets around the world, amid uncertainty caused by the ouster of top political leader Bo Xilai.
The State Internet Information Office (SIIO) said the rumours had a "very bad influence on the public".
BBC News - China arrests over coup rumours
Guess they are the next ones to donate organs. Live that is.