Are these actions war crimes?

Goober
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Part of my point here is to give people a chance to state where they stand on these kinds of actions. I've heard many people here condemn action 1 on this forum as a war crime, and perhaps #2 or 3. But very few people here on this forum, western leaders or news sources have ever described actions 4-12 as war crimes.

Now you have a chance to say whether these actions are or aren't war crimes for the record. Feel free to give your own examples to back up your point.

Again - How many target Israel. If you were looking for a variety of examples then you should have posted a thread asking that specific question.
Next easily compiled lists by going thru conflicts from Asia - China -Eastern Europe - The various Stans.
Now how many.

DaSleeper
+3

Part of my point here is to give people a chance to state where they stand on these kinds of actions. I've heard many people here condemn action 1 on this forum as a war crime, and perhaps #2 or 3. But very few people here on this forum, western leaders or news sources have ever described actions 4-12 as war crimes.

Now you have a chance to say whether these actions are or aren't war crimes for the record. Feel free to give your own examples to back up your point.

Seriously...I'm not being facetious....but.....

Do you have any other bloody interests in life besides Joo bashing???

earth_as_one
Seriously... why are you having a hard time determining what is and isn't a war crime. How is using asking for opinions regarding using civilians including children as human shields to protect soldiers from bullets and booby traps, "Joo Bashing"?

TenPenny

War is a crime, the concept of 'war crimes' is idiotic.

You're supposed to kill the enemy, but follow some bizarre code of conduct about how to kill, and what to do once you've killed, maimed or injured the other person, and not to involve civilians except for when you do. Anything the winning side does is ok, anything the losing side does is a special kind of crime.

That's completely stupid.

CDNBear
+1

Seriously... why are you having a hard time determining what is and isn't a war crime. How is using asking for opinions regarding using civilians including children as human shields to protect soldiers from bullets and booby traps, "Joo Bashing"?

It isn't

It's the obsessive laser focous on Jews that generates the contempt you receive.

Goober
Free Thinker
A request.
I would ask that the question listed below be the response to every reply from EAO .

Now everyone knows that EAO and I have disagreements.

A question, clear, concise and easily answered is never answered in a clear manner.

Myself I am tired of this, I would also say that there are many of the same opinion.

So we should also police ourselves and save the Mods some work.

The question is listed below, in a larger font.

Thank you for your help on this.

You must be familiar with the links. So is the question to difficult.

12 Links - How many are Anti Israel. You tell me? It was posted by you. How well informed are you.

earth_as_one
JOO: Journal of Oregon Ornithology

For the record I have nothing against the JOO or people who study birds.

For the record, none of the 12 is anti-Israel. Do you believe that Israel actually officially sanctions this behavior? FYI: I can reference Israeli court cases which support my opinion that some of these acts are war crimes or illegal according to Israeli law. Please explain how listing acts which the Israeli criminal justice system has condemned as illegal or war crimes is anti-Israel.

Notice how no one here besides me can condemn a single one of the actions on the list as a war crime.

CDNBear

For the record, none of the 12 is anti-Israel. Do you believe that Israel actually officially sanctions this behavior? FYI: I can reference to Israeli court case which support my opinion that some of these acts are war crimes or illegal according to Israeli law. Please explain how listing acts which the Israeli criminal justice system has condemned as illegal or war crimes is anti-Israel.

Why don't you tell us.

It's you that promotes the "Israeli war crimes and crimes against humanity" demonization. Obsessively.

Shall I quote you?

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

A request.
I would ask that the question listed below be the response to every reply from EAO .

Now everyone knows that EAO and I have disagreements.

A question, clear, concise and easily answered is never answered in a clear manner.

Myself I am tired of this, I would also say that there are many of the same opinion.

So we should also police ourselves and save the Mods some work.

The question is listed below, in a larger font.

Thank you for your help on this.

12 Links - How many are Anti Israel. You tell me? It was posted by you. How well informed are you.

Anyone that has read his posts can see that he has something against Jews and all or most of his posts are anti Jew (((AD Nauseum)))
But he seems to see the speck in other people's eye...... but the boulder in his own............................

Goober
Free Thinker

For the record, none of the 12 is anti-Israel. Do you believe that Israel actually officially sanctions this behavior? FYI: I can reference Israeli court cases which support my opinion that some of these acts are war crimes or illegal according to Israeli law. Please explain how listing acts which the Israeli criminal justice system has condemned as illegal or war crimes is anti-Israel.

Notice how no one here besides me can condemn a single one of the actions on the list as a war crime.

12 Links - How many are Anti Israel. You tell me? It was posted by you. How well informed are you

CDNBear
+2

Notice how no one here has anything but contempt for you, so entertaining you is beyond consideration.

DaSleeper
+2
EAO is not anti Jew???????? (external - login to view)

Goober
Free Thinker

Eao
This is me asking a question,

Below is your reply.

[IMG]http://www.dreamstime.com/horse-s-***-thumb2483689.jpg[/IMG]

gerryh

because the vast majority of your examples are Israeli. Yet, your entire list could quite easily be attributed to the Palestinians. What do you do...... list damn near all Israeli.

You're a "jew hater", and considering you justify Palestinian violence you are not a pacifist either.

talloola
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You and Cannuck should start up your own forum where you could bleep back and forth at each other and leave intelligent life forms alone!

you're definitely on to something

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

you're definitely on to something

Not holding my breath!

damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
+1
I see all these sites one can go to, but then all we have to do is listen to the news.
This is a troubled area of the world and both sides have done some terrible things.
If you think about these are not war crimes on either side because there is no
declared war, its just on going conflict. In the absence of war they are in my
opinion terrorist acts.
During WWII the nations declared total war on each other in view of that fact, I
would say anything prior to the total war declaration might be considered a war
crime however war crimes were not defined back then, not until after the war.
America was one of the leading members constituting war crimes and holding
court. Now of course America won't send its own alleged criminals to be tried
there.
All this goes to the point that war crimes are in the eyes of the beholders. If there
is no declared war, only ongoing sniping type conflict how can there be war crimes
and what constitutes war, and what is mutual terror activity?
Interesting subject though

EagleSmack

Actually this is an anti-war crime thread. Notice the list of possible war crimes and crimes against humanity don't accuse anyone of anything.

An anti-war crime thread? Oh sure EAO, with about 10 hyperlinks bashing them JOOOOOOOOS in Israel.

FAIL

L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
Oh geee. Izzy/Pallie thread number 428,263. Awesome!

DaSleeper
Deffinitely a........................