More Muslims Killing Muslims........

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Dozens Killed, Injured in Attacks During Holy Holiday in Afghanistan
UPDATE: The Taliban has issued a statement denying any kind of involvement in Tuesday's attacks in Kabul and Mazar-e-Sharif.

(KABUL, Afghanistan) -- For the first time, militants targeted Shiite mourners in Afghanistan on one of their holiest holidays Tuesday, setting off bombs in downtown Kabul and the northern city of Mazar-e-Sharif, according to police officials.

In the most significant attack, at least 54 people were killed and 164 injured, according to the Afghan health ministry, when a suicide bomber blew himself up in the Abul Fazel Shrine in the middle of Kabul, not far from the ministry of defense and the presidential palace. Reporters at the shrine described a horrific scene, with bodies of the dead and injured strewn across the entry of the shrine and the street outside.

Almost simultaneously, a bomb hidden in a bicycle exploded by a Shiite shrine in Mazar-e-Sharif, the largest city in northern Afghanistan, near the border with Uzbekistan. Four were killed and 21 others were injured in that attack, according to police.

Tuesday is Ashurra, a national holiday in many Muslim countries that marks the death of the prophet’s grandson Hussein -- an event that helped cement the separation of Shia and Sunni Islam. Shiites mark the day by mourning, often beating or cutting themselves to reenact the pain that Hussein suffered.

There has been horrible violence on Ashurra in Iraq over the years -- as well as in Pakistan -- but never in Afghanistan, which is why Tuesday's attack is troubling. The Afghan Taliban is an almost entirely Sunni group, but there has not been major sectarian violence in Afghanistan since the initial U.S. invasion in 2001. The worry is that this will set off more sectarian attacks and instability in Kabul and Mazar-e-Sharif.
http://kabc.com/rssItem.asp?feedid=113&itemid=29764808

Blasts in Afghanistan kill more than 50 - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
This region does not think in terms of country they are tribal and anything you can do
to the other tribe is fair game it appears. Shiite Muslims are usually the more militant
and this is a little different to be sure. The sad fact is the Sunni and Shiite versions of
the religion are as different as night and day. There are a number of tribes and a
belief that there can be open season on each other as long as its done with God's
Blessing and who interprets Gods Blessing. who ever made the bomb that\s who.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Can someone tell me again why our young men and women we sent over there to die? Seems to me that not much has changed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
The sad fact is the Sunni and Shiite versions of the religion are as different as night and day.
What's sadder is the Wahabis kicking back while the Sunni and Shiites kill each other off.

Can someone tell me again why our young men and women we sent over there to die? Seems to me that not much has changed.
Operatiion Enduring Freedom...Afghanis have been enduring freedom for over 100 years.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What's sadder is the Wahabis kicking back while the Sunni and Shiites kill each other off.

Operatiion Enduring Freedom...Afghanis have been enduring freedom for over 100 years.
Wahabis - isn't that a green paste made from Japanese horse radish?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
ROFLMFAO....

How about we talk about all the "Christians killing Christians" throughout the years. This is about man killing man. Plain and simple.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
ROFLMFAO....

How about we talk about all the "Christians killing Christians" throughout the years. This is about man killing man. Plain and simple.

This is what could be the first stages of a civil War. Sectarian strife and killings.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
ROFLMFAO....

That has a lot to do with why I don't believe in religion. Too many religious people killing each other over semantics. The "my god is better than yours and if you don't agree I will kill you " does not strike me as a way to win converts.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Islam is going through its medieval period; it should last only a few hundred more years.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That has a lot to do with why I don't believe in religion. Too many religious people killing each other over semantics. The "my god is better than yours and if you don't agree I will kill you " does not strike me as a way to win converts.

and like I said in the message you quoted, it's not X vs X..... it's man killing man and that is all it is. Trying to wrap it up in something else doesn't change the facts.

Islam is going through its medieval period; it should last only a few hundred more years.

Really? and what period was happening in Northern Ireland? Was that "medieval" too Walter?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Really? and what period was happening in Northern Ireland? Was that "medieval" too Walter?
Ireland is quite a backward little place; most of its inhabitants left or died in the 1840's. History is a wonderful thing to study; it gives a great perspective on today's events.