Preparations to Attack Iran???

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Britain Prepares to Attack Iran
Defense Ministry Expects US to 'Fast-Forward' Plans for Attack

by Jason Ditz, November 02, 2011

With Defense Ministry officials saying that they believe the US may soon “fast-forward” plans to attack Iran, Britain’s military is stepping up its own preparations for such an attack under the assumption that they will join in on the war.
The planning is based on expectations that next week’s report from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will be a “game changer” and will convince President Obama to launch another massive war.
It also comes just a day after reports in the Israeli press that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is hoping to convince the rest of his cabinet to launch a unilateral attack on Iran before winter on the argument that an autumn war would be much more convenient.

Britain Prepares to Attack Iran -- News from Antiwar.com

this is getting more than a little frightening.

US House Committee Okays Sweeping Sanctions on Iran

US House Committee Okays Sweeping Sanctions on Iran by Jim Lobe -- Antiwar.com

here we go again......

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Britain Prepares to Attack Iran
Defense Ministry Expects US to 'Fast-Forward' Plans for Attack

by Jason Ditz, November 02, 2011

With Defense Ministry officials saying that they believe the US may soon “fast-forward” plans to attack Iran, Britain’s military is stepping up its own preparations for such an attack under the assumption that they will join in on the war.
The planning is based on expectations that next week’s report from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will be a “game changer” and will convince President Obama to launch another massive war.
It also comes just a day after reports in the Israeli press that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is hoping to convince the rest of his cabinet to launch a unilateral attack on Iran before winter on the argument that an autumn war would be much more convenient.

Britain Prepares to Attack Iran -- News from Antiwar.com

this is getting more than a little frightening.

US House Committee Okays Sweeping Sanctions on Iran

US House Committee Okays Sweeping Sanctions on Iran by Jim Lobe -- Antiwar.com

here we go again......

These people are idiots.

Neither Britain NOR the USA will attack Iran.

The Obama administration already denied their super bunker-buster bombs to Israel in a bid to prevent an Israeli attack on Iran.

Israel very well might attack Iran, as Iran is constantly attacking Israel through its proxies (Islamic Jihad, hezbollah and Hamas). Israel has VERY good reason to fear a nuclear armed Iran, and I certainly hope Israel takes whatever steps are necessary to prevent a nuclear armed Iran, as it is simply a looney-state. If they get the bomb, there is an excellent chance it will be used.

Even Saudi-Arabia wants Israel to smash Iran's nuclear program........

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Unless Iran wants to switch to civilian nuclear power like us i dont see a reason why they shouldnt have nuclear power available to their civilian infrastructure. But if they want to wipe israel off the map, they wouldnt do so. They apparently represent the best interests of their fellow muslims in the region... And wiping the israelis and palastinians muslims off the map(at the same time with nuclear weapons) isnt a way to make a point to the zionist movement... Yes im drunk

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yup! Nuking Israel would be self destructive. They may be crazy (I don't believe the BS about Iran) but they ain't stupid.

Also, an attack on Iran would really piss off the Chinese, I would think. They seem to have invested interests there. as well as the Russians. But then the fundies on both sides are getting tired of waitin' on god to get this "end of days" shyte happenin'.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yup! Nuking Israel would be self destructive. They may be crazy (I don't believe the BS about Iran) but they ain't stupid.

Also, an attack on Iran would really piss off the Chinese, I would think. They seem to have invested interests there. as well as the Russians. But then the fundies on both sides are getting tired of waitin' on god to get this "end of days" shyte happenin'.

Fcuk the Chinese.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Social media is such a wonderful thing, some journalist uses the information that
is real or imagined and everyone begins to speculate on what ever the flavour of
the day is. Iran would not be a great target at the moment as the Arab world is
already fragmented and in turmoil. Why would Israel, Britain or America want to
unite them, It makes no sense

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
There go the war mongers again. Still aching for a new war on Iran. People like Breezy have been wanting this war for years now but clearly they still have hope.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
These people are idiots.

Neither Britain NOR the USA will attack Iran.

The Obama administration already denied their super bunker-buster bombs to Israel in a bid to prevent an Israeli attack on Iran.

Israel very well might attack Iran, as Iran is constantly attacking Israel through its proxies (Islamic Jihad, hezbollah and Hamas). Israel has VERY good reason to fear a nuclear armed Iran, and I certainly hope Israel takes whatever steps are necessary to prevent a nuclear armed Iran, as it is simply a looney-state. If they get the bomb, there is an excellent chance it will be used.

Even Saudi-Arabia wants Israel to smash Iran's nuclear program........

[/FONT]

Isreal recieved the bunker busters a month or 2 ago.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Fallout is a bitch.

But its an awesome computer game!

I just shake my head at these fearmongering threads thats Breezy & Co. have been starting: yes plans exist to attack pretty much every country on the planet. Its called contingency planning, and any military worth a crap has them, and they include military action against allies, aliens and zombie plagues. Its the job of planners to come up with responses to any scenario you can think of, no matter how far fetched. The reality is that the vast majority of these contingencies will never see the light of day, because the events that would bring them about won't materialize.

Now it is more likely that Iran could trigger aggressive action from the West than a zombie plague, but thats not saying much.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Jason Ditz isn't exactly what I'd call a model of Journalistic Integrity.

Well-named though......

Excellent!

The idiots are the ones that would let the psycho leaders of Iran develop nukes.

It is a damn shame, as an attack will undoubtedly unite the country, and one had hoped the Iranian freedom movement would make some progress. The regime will no doubt use and Israeli attack as an excuse to jail, torture and murder as many dissidents as it can.

But the lesser of two evils is a destroyed Iranian nuclear weapons program. Much lesser.