The Hague Asked To investigate the Catholic Church

AyameTaylor

Nominee Member
Oct 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Hague Asked to Investigate Pope, Church on Abuse Cover-Up <------Link to News Story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interna...urt_of_Justice <------link to information about what the Hague is

The Hague was asked to investigate the Catholic Church over accusations of sexual misconduct.

The idea that people are in an uproar over the Religion being placed under the scrutinise eyes of the public and political standings world wide is utterly ridiculous in my books. It's just one more reason why RELIGION and STATE(or country if you prefer) Should be kept separate at ALL times. The fact that a religion has the resources and the general concessions to rule and act as a sovereign nation on it's own accord is utterly flabbergasting and somewhat disconcerting to myself as a free speaking woman of the world; who also doesn't conform to modern beliefs over religious aspects of life.

Need i remind everyone about King Henry the 8th's Disestablishmentarianism?

Rome needs to pull it's head out of it's ass and reclaim Vatican city, and bring order back to the chaos that is parading around as a religious cult. Which is in my opinion what it is. Only the select few people know what is going on and a lot of people blindly follow the world of an older white male who is charismatic enough to allow people to have blind trust in his words as if they where law. If the church told everyone judgement day was here then we would have mass suicides and rioting across the globe.

The fact that the Hague has not been involved prior to this moment in time brings me to strongly question the stability of our united nations, and really question the global thinking around the world. The United States doesn't have a right to place an investigation in to another nations problems, and while the crimes have been committed majoritivly on their soils, because of the tangling and stifling web of politics today they cannot do anything; for these people then cry out for political asylum from the church- and to keep the masses pleased the government then backs away and the church relocates the accused. That in and of it's self is CRIMINAL NEGLIGANCE. Which is punishable by jail time in ALL FREE NATIONS.

The fact that it has occurred of the course of history unchecked by political and judicial bodies is appalling and i have to say it's about damn time they do something about it. So here is my standing, The victims need closer, people need to be held accountable and the Vatican needs to stop trying to be a law unto its self as it will not be tolerated any longer by the FREE PEOPLES of this world, people are becoming informed and this is a step in the right direction.

The fact that the Vatican isn’t part of the treaty that allows for them to be held accountable for their actions is ridiculous- especially since ROME which is the parent country of VATICAN CITY, is part of the treaty, this goes a long way to show just how tangled and messed up the U.N’s spider web of politics truly is.

I have Copy and Pasted this post of mine from another site using the same User Handle, as i felt it was appropriate for discussion here. If this has already been brought up on site then please Mod/Admins I ask you redirect this thread to the appropriate place. Thank you. Input Wanted ^^

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't necessarily agree with all that you propose. But I do wholeheartedly agree it is time that the RCC was brought to bare for the criminal activity that was allowed to continue for far to long, under the protection, of the now Pope.

His title should bear no weight against the accusations against him, nor should it be used to shield him from questioning, investigation and if proven required, arrest and prosecution.

With the level of abuse that the Church was aware of, it could be considered a crime against humanity. Although I don't think the complaint will meet the ICC's stipulations.

Last edited:

AyameTaylor

Nominee Member
Oct 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I find it utterly amazing that here i get only one posted response by an intelligent person who sticks to the point of the conversation and not running off in to what many others (on the other site) Have seen a "racist" of me (they didn't out right come out and say it, but it was heavily implied.)

So thank you for being intelligent enough to understand and to stick to the topic at hand <3 I very much think I will like this site ^-^

That aside, I don't know, the ICC should still look in to it for the fact of the church doing this over the course of it's total establishment, and the fact remains that they still harbor criminals knowingly. There is no other international body that is capable of investigating this to a degree that could be seen a acceptable by the general public at large (Yeah sure there is Interpol, but that is a E.U organization and holds little to no barring on Politics and judicial on goings here in the western nations.

It's about accountability, so really I think they should as they are committing crimes against humanity by allowing Rapists and serial sexual predators to be free from punishment after they have destroyed the life of a child and brought them distrust in the faith and religion they are raised with. (never mind the backlash that could come from friend and family members over their accusations.)

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
This can be a rough place for the tender hearted - another name for BS.

Yes child abuse by the Church, Not only RC but others, they all should be charged in their own countries and sentenced severely.

The RC Church has been blatant in their protection of child molesters, rapists.

Ireland is or has passed a law that would not protect a Priest who gives confession when the person confesses to sex crimes against children. Expect to see a number of Priests in Jail as they will not violate the Confessional.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'll back this when the fu cking americans, their polititions, and their leaders get the same consideration for the fu cking murders they've perpetrated.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I'll back this when the fu cking americans, their polititions, and their leaders get the same consideration for the fu cking murders they've perpetrated.

I take it that your statement applies to all Threads on CC. Bye Bye Long Time -

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So thank you for being intelligent enough to understand and to stick to the topic at hand <3 I very much think I will like this site ^-^
Thanks for the warm thoughts.

That aside, I don't know, the ICC should still look in to it for the fact of the church doing this over the course of it's total establishment, and the fact remains that they still harbor criminals knowingly. There is no other international body that is capable of investigating this to a degree that could be seen a acceptable by the general public at large (Yeah sure there is Interpol, but that is a E.U organization and holds little to no barring on Politics and judicial on goings here in the western nations.
Again, I agree. Sadly the ICC's mandate will likely prevent that from happening thought.

Perhaps Interpol is a group that should be approached, since the crimes were committed in one nation, and the assailant protected by leaders in another.

fu ck off
Well that was well thought out and reasoned, lol.

Hmmm...

There ya go, if the enemy does horrid things without remorse, then that means it's ok for us to do horrid things without remorse too. So there.:razz:

You just have to love and laugh at that kind of logical inconsistency.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Why are you even on this Thread - Such a hard asses RC that cannot accept the fact the the Holy Church protected rapists.

I said I'd back it as soon as the americans are held accountable too. Untill then...fu ck off.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I said I'd back it as soon as the americans are held accountable too. Untill then...fu ck off.

So are the US now accountable - and accountable for what? And I am not going away. I am a nightmare for you. To bad, grow up.

I see, so it is a matter of you...

You have some nerve calling ES a child killer, when you defend child molesters, protect them and their enablers.

Some nerve indeed.

Bear -That is not nerve - That is someone going off the deep end.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
I find it utterly amazing that here i get only one posted response by an intelligent person who sticks to the point of the conversation and not running off in to what many others (on the other site) Have seen a "racist" of me (they didn't out right come out and say it, but it was heavily implied.)

It's about accountability, so really I think they should as they are committing crimes against humanity by allowing Rapists and serial sexual predators to be free from punishment after they have destroyed the life of a child and brought them distrust in the faith and religion they are raised with. (never mind the backlash that could come from friend and family members over their accusations.)
I agree and have thought this for a long time. For how long did they call us sinners and preach to us how to live our lives. It has been long enough and especially the Vatican that has been hiding behind a holier than thou facade for hundreds of years.

Nationhood

Sep 30, 2011
The fact that the Vatican isn’t part of the treaty that allows for them to be held accountable for their actions is ridiculous- especially since ROME which is the parent country of VATICAN CITY, is part of the treaty, this goes a long way to show just how tangled and messed up the U.N’s spider web of politics truly is.
I understand your frustration, I truly do. It's extremely upsetting that certain leaders (and people) in foreign countries are basically immune because there's no effective way to deal with them. I wish there was some sort of real and effective way to deal with international human rights violations in a consistent manner, but that's extremely unlikely and would be very knotty to figure out. The ICC is more of a political court than a justice (fair and consistent) court, sadly.

But, just a correction, Rome/Italy is not the parent country of Vatican City. Vatican City just happens to be inside of Rome/Italy.

...Have seen a "racist" of me (they didn't out right come out and say it, but it was heavily implied.)
I don't know how they got racism out of this. At all.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The ICC is more of a political court than a justice (fair and consistent) court, sadly.
Ya, I've heard this complaint before. Usually uttered by people who have issues with a decision, do not understand the mandate or jurisdiction of the Court, or confuse it with the ICJ