Australian PM Speaks her truths.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Australian PM speaks.:

Australia says NO - Second time she has done this!

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
This woman should be appointed Queen of the World. Truer words have never been spoken.

It took a lot of courage for this woman to speak, what she had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least she was willing to take a stand on her and Australia 's beliefs.
The whole world needs a leader like this!

>

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law, were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.
Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in Canada & USA , we will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

Note: Don't have a source link.......as I got this in an email.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/thisisamerica.asp

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
One more piece of crap put out there so the right can discredit the left. Way to go OB, good job on making their jobs easier.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.

......replace Australians with Americans , Canadians etc and it applies to all nations.

If we choose to live in another country for a while or move there..........it is up to US to adapt to their culture, their ways accept THEIR language and speak it If nothing more......it is bloody good form.

It is only fair that when folks come to live in the US , Canada , Australia , Switzerland or where ever that they do the same.

..........Has any one here been hospitalized recently?? ( particularly on the west coast). Notice the various nationalities that are employed and how they tend to group together, talk in their own language and rudely exclude those that don't understand . It is not that we don't respect other cultures.....but when in a country of choice have the decency to learn and speak the primary language. Basic good manners if nothing else. Particularly in a work situation. What they do outside of their jobs and what they speak in their sub communities , is their choice.

I mention a hospital setting because........that is one place that staff cannot afford errors of any kind and if (for eg) a drug order is misunderstood, it could be deadly for the patient. (or any other treatment order ) It is a place where procedures must be followed precisely . That also includes the cleaning staff etc etc.

It is only REASONABLE to expect that staff all speak "the same language" The primary language of the country.

In Canada it is English. ( you might find exceptions in Quebec ) In the USA it is "american". ;-)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Just a friendly reminder: Posting in bold is the internet equivalent of yelling. It tends to annoy people. It doesn't get your point across any better.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
just a friendly reminder: Posting in bold is the internet equivalent of yelling. It tends to annoy people. It doesn't get your point across any better.

i thought that only applied to upper case?!!?!!!!?

EDIT: Appearantly this board removed the upper case (and thus the humour) from this post.

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Somehow we have to clone this couragious woman and bring her the the US White House. I admire her for standing up for her convictions. Evidently the issies of buying a politician has reached Australia yet. I hope she can make this decision stick! Good no 'ya mate!!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I wasn't aware that OB was an anti Muslim xenophobe. I knew she liked make believe, as apposed to reality. But an anti Muslim xenophobia? Who knew!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
You are absolutely right, gerry..........I spent over an hour this morning trying to find some legitimate link to this comment but none was to be found. Though I agree with the sentiments, posting lies about what someone was supposed to have said serves no one.

These types of emails float around all the time.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
What makes it so genuine looking is it is a measure of what many if not most Australians are
thinking. They do not welcome immigration from Asia or many other parts of the world either.
There is a joke on that, that shows a map of the country with a foreign policy that says we're
full go home.
As the economic times get tougher and the ethnic mix balances out in this country we too will
go through a period of unstable attitudes. I always view it this way, people who don't like others
because of skin colour, or ethnicity display that they are afraid of something or someone they do
no understand. It is really unfortunate because we can learn a lot from each other, and if we
could do that on a bigger scale we would feel much less of an urge to kill one another over minor
things.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I wasn't aware that OB was an anti Muslim xenophobe. I knew she liked make believe, as apposed to reality. But an anti Muslim xenophobia? Who knew!

I am sitting here thinking that myself!

Did someone hack her account?

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
It is really unfortunate because we can learn a lot from each other, and if we could do that on a bigger scale we would feel much less of an urge to kill one another over minor things.

Very true, DG..........but that does not mean that we - that is our country - cannot and should not, let people know that if they wish to come here to live there are certain things that they need to know beforehand such as that sharia law has no place in Canada. We welcome everyone as long as they are willing to abide by the mores and rules of Canadians.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I know they do, Goob.......doesn't excuse someone from doing due diligence before they post.

True enough - Guess she hates the US Govt - Bush- Cheney - Rumsfeld - Muslims - Wonder who else is on the list?????????????