Obama attacks European leaders for failing to tackle debt crisis

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
President Obama demands "more effective, co-ordinated" fiscal policy, reflecting the anger of Americans who blame Europe for the current economic turmoil, as JP Morgan warns EMU crisis is nearing "endgame".

Debt crisis: live - Telegraph

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
What i choose to believe is: Previous administrations tore the arse out of 'er and the people thought Obama could fix it,but the evil right tied his hands and prevented him from doing the good things he had planned to save the nation.Sorry no links.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
He should be giving that speech to his congress as well. The US is possibly in worse shape than Europe.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Seeing as it's a global economy, why shouldn't he say his bit?

He's certainly free to express his opinion, though it does make him look foolish considering the circumstances in his own country. Unless you're country is debt free with low inflation and low Bank rates, you'll look foolish criticising other countries for same.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
He's certainly free to express his opinion, though it does make him look foolish considering the circumstances in his own country. Unless you're country is debt free with low inflation and low Bank rates, you'll look foolish criticising other countries for same.

Canada has said the same things about the crisis in Europe, I didn't see us as coming off foolish.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
What i choose to believe is: Previous administrations tore the arse out of 'er and the people thought Obama could fix it,but the evil right tied his hands and prevented him from doing the good things he had planned to save the nation.Sorry no links.

ROTFLMAO!!!

You WERE joking, right??????

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The boy-king (as Maddow describes him) just continues to smear and besmirch the once great reputation of the great United States by lecturing hypocritical like he does. So beyond his depth. His advisers, policy makers and speech-writers too.

The wee social experiment has failed miserably. I honestly hope the United States recovers from this embarrassing period sooner rather than later. They don't deserve the entitled nation-loathing brought to Pennsylvania Avenue. Really they don't.

He's a professor at best. A corporate cheerleader. The Billy Mays of community organizing.

So please Barry, clean your own house first before opening your yap again. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,
Friends of the United States of America.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Canada has said the same things about the crisis in Europe, I didn't see us as coming off foolish.

Then Canada was out of line too. Such arrogance is insufferable. Maybe Canada is in a better fiscal position than many others at the moment........but it has to be careful what it says and has to be sure it can maintain and improve its financial position,

It is a joke for Obama to attack anyone for anything related to economy. Particularly when the US is sinking fast in that dept.

what is it with him and this type of arrogant "american".?? Can't they see how totally stupid they appear saying such silliness??

Of course not.~ ( well many are seeing it now.....)

Talk about living in a a fantasy bubble.

Canada needs to watch itself too. as our current leader is hell bent on going the "american way" and we are seeing what that would yield.

Seeing as it's a global economy, why shouldn't he say his bit?

because TACT and DIPLOMACY are important. The countries going through the crisis at the moment are having a rough enough time of it as it is. There are many reasons for their situation.........but they are all human made. There is no glee in beating someone when they are down and barely struggling in a situation that is changing their entire country.

and lest we forget..........Barry boy's nation is in such debt it is going from crisis to crisis itself. Wasn't all that long ago that the debt ceiling issue was crowding the news.

He is in NO POSITION to attack anyone . As someone said.......clean up your own back yard before opening your mouth. Even then , try to be tactful and compassionate.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Then Canada was out of line too. Such arrogance is insufferable. Maybe Canada is in a better fiscal position than many others at the moment........but it has to be careful what it says and has to be sure it can maintain and improve its financial position,

Countries routinely criticize other countries policies, nothing new there. Are we supposed to stay silent in case we offend some Euros?

because TACT and DIPLOMACY are important. The countries going through the crisis at the moment are having a rough enough time of it as it is. There are many reasons for their situation.........but they are all human made. There is no glee in beating someone when they are down and barely struggling in a situation that is changing their entire country.

Asking Europe to clean up their financial mess is hardly beating someone while they're down. They made their mess, tough luck to them.

Last edited:

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Countries routinely criticize other countries policies, nothing new there. Are we supposed to stay silent in case we offend some Euros?

Asking Europe to clean up their financial mess is hardly beating someone while they're down. They made their mess, touch luck to them.

tough love??? ;-)

You don't think it is hypocritical of Barry to even mention it , when the US economy is no great shakes??? He is not speaking from a position of strength . Europe KNOWS it has a mess and is trying to address it. So how are his comments HELPING? Or is he just making himself feel important by attacking other nations that are in financial trouble too??

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
tough love??? ;-)

You don't think it is hypocritical of Barry to even mention it , when the US economy is no great shakes??? He is not speaking from a position of strength . Europe KNOWS it has a mess and is trying to address it. So how are his comments HELPING? Or is he just making himself feel important by attacking other nations that are in financial trouble too??

He might not be the most qualified to lecture but he's a world leader and he's entitled to say what he wants and I'm pretty sure he didn't "attack" other nations.

Europe does know it's a mess and I really doubt anything can fix it. The citizens don't like the austerity measures and I think the larger Euro countries are growing sick of bankrolling the welfare recipients. Blow it up I say.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

The Democrats swept the Republicans from congress in 2006 and from the White House in 2008. The "evil right" couldn't have stopped them if they wanted to.

Doing the good things? Like the failed stimulus packages?

The Democrats made a bad situation worse, much worse.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
The Democrats swept the Republicans from congress in 2006 and from the White House in 2008. The "evil right" couldn't have stopped them if they wanted to.

Doing the good things? Like the failed stimulus packages?

The Democrats made a bad situation worse, much worse.

I think you would be in the exact same spot though, regardless of who is in charge.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
He might not be the most qualified to lecture but he's a world leader and he's entitled to say what he wants and I'm pretty sure he didn't "attack" other nations.

Europe does know it's a mess and I really doubt anything can fix it. The citizens don't like the austerity measures and I think the larger Euro countries are growing sick of bankrolling the welfare recipients. Blow it up I say.

Blow WHAT up?? Europe???? Is that your solution??? (more slaughter ??)

What are folks that have no jobs, can't get jobs supposed to do??? Or are medically handicapped to the poiint that a job is out of ;the question ?? Maybe they should just exterminate them........as the "useless" members of society that they are in some folks eyes....

Is that your solution???

where does civility and humanity factor in........in your view??

I think you would be in the exact same spot though, regardless of who is in charge.

EXACTLY.!!!!! but blame the other party is a favorite game ...