Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Personally I think Mel Gibson beat his wife because he's a nutjob.

Actually I think any guy that's beats his wife is a nutjob. Sad, angry little men.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Personally I think Mel Gibson beat his wife because he's a nutjob.

Actually I think any guy that's beats his wife is a nutjob. Sad, angry little men.
Like bagging a womens face to remove temptation, and of course other things.

Misogynist asshats.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'd hate to be a Libyan women. Now that al Qaeda is the official govt they are instituting Sharia law. Boy did we ever do them a big favour.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I'd hate to be a Libyan women. Now that al Qaeda is the official govt they are instituting Sharia law. Boy did we ever do them a big favour.

Maybe.....

Maybe not.

But we owed GoDaffy for Lockerbie.

And everyone, including the Libyans, deserves a chance at building a decent society.

We'll see.

I saw an amazing thing on TV this morning.......Muslim Arab rebels carrying a US flag down the street......as rebels came up and KISSED IT!!!!!!

Now, you don't see THAT every day! :)

And I don't think any of them were al Quada.............

My advice to the Libyan people??? Hang on to those Kalishnikovs and FN FALs I saw you with....they might come in handy again.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
[4:34] The men are made responsible for the women,** and GOD has endowed them with certain qualities, and made them the bread earners. The righteous women will cheerfully accept this arrangement, since it is GOD's commandment, and honor their husbands during their absence. If you experience rebellion from the women, you shall first talk to them, then (you may use negative incentives like) deserting them in bed, then you may (as a last alternative) beat them. If they obey you, you are not permitted to transgress against them. GOD is Most High, Supreme
Source: Sura 4, Women (Al-Nesã?) Quran The Final Testament, translated by Rashad Khalifa, Ph.D.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Like bagging a womens face to remove temptation, and of course other things.

Misogynist asshats.

Other things like female circumcision?

Yeah it's all about control and domination.

Equality trumps culture.

But there's also plenty of control and domination that goes on over here as well. My sister-in-law works in an emergency shelter, she's told me some stories.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

That's certainly true. And any religion (Christian, Muslim, or otherwise) that promotes or accepts such behaviour is beneath contempt.

Any religion or religious authority that tolerates or promotes sexual abuse of children is even lower, in fact would be criminal.

Which is why I have little use for most organized religions. They talk a lot, but their actions are generally pretty contemptable.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I've heard many nightmares myself. I work with at risk native youth.

They aren't all at risk because they chose a wrong path on their own.

Of course not.

You know, while my ex-husband was not physically or even really verbally abusive, he was extremely dominant and controlling. I spent many years bottomed out with my self-esteem. And after the separation, when I was 'recovering' I guess you might call it, I was actually talking to her about it (she's his sister btw) and she told me I sounded like a lot of the women she counsels. That shocked me, sort of snapped me out of it.

Believe me when I say I empathize with these women, and with the youth you work with. It can, and does, happen to anyone.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My Mrs sees the worst of the worst day in day out on both side of the scenario. From the beasts behind bars to having to do CPS orders because mom is forever comatose after a failed suicide attempt. We live in one very very ****ed up world.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Of course not.

You know, while my ex-husband was not physically or even really verbally abusive, he was extremely dominant and controlling. I spent many years bottomed out with my self-esteem. And after the separation, when I was 'recovering' I guess you might call it, I was actually talking to her about it (she's his sister btw) and she told me I sounded like a lot of the women she counsels. That shocked me, sort of snapped me out of it.

Believe me when I say I empathize with these women, and with the youth you work with. It can, and does, happen to anyone.
One of the most ignorant, IMHO, myths about the First nations, is that we don't treat women equally.

Anyone with a clue, can easily research the fact that the women of the Haudenosaunee, were the defacto Senate. It was very much a matriarchal society. I grew up in the home of traditionals. My Grandfather was a ruff and tuff, patient man, who believed in community and the sanctity of a mans castle. But he knew Grandma ran it and he always bowed to her wisdom. I learned as much from her as I did from him.

Women are the bearers of life. To be respected, protected, cherished, adored, revered, and treated equally.

Not possessions, things to be covered to ease a mans weaknesses. Walking three paces behind.

Ten Penny, pretty much summed up the rest of my opinion.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit