Is our justice system a hypocrisy?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Our justice system is based on the assumption that an accused is innocent until proven guilty. If that is really the case why do accuseds have to post bail or remain in jail awaiting trial? I say you can't have it both ways. As it's not reasonable or safe to allow the likes of Pickton, Bernardo etc. to remain on the street while awaiting trial, I think this "innocent until proven guilty" bullsh*t should be removed.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Our justice system is based on the assumption that an accused is innocent until proven guilty.
Yeah, that is definetly an assumption because your own words prove the reality of the system.

Wait until you figure out that that it is based on caste or class then you'll be really confused.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
....I think this "innocent until proven guilty" bullsh*t should be removed.

I'm not really surprised. On a number of other threads you've wanted to hang people before their day in court. All I can say is hopefully people like you never get any real power in this country.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Our justice system is based on the assumption that an accused is innocent until proven guilty. If that is really the case why do accuseds have to post bail or remain in jail awaiting trial? I say you can't have it both ways. As it's not reasonable or safe to allow the likes of Pickton, Bernardo etc. to remain on the street while awaiting trial, I think this "innocent until proven guilty" bullsh*t should be removed.

So we should just hang people from cranes like they do in Iran? F*ck the judicial process, I want blood justice!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'm not really surprised. On a number of other threads you've wanted to hang people before their day in court. All I can say is hopefully people like you never get any real power in this country.

If you are going to post you should post responsibly. Which accused did I suggest hanging before trial?

So we should just hang people from cranes like they do in Iran? F*ck the judicial process, I want blood justice!

"Innocent" people, should not be forced to raise bail or be locked up.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If you are going to post you should post responsibly. Which accused did I suggest hanging before trial?

I seem to recall one about a cop caught on video. That you claimed was guilty and argued with me when i suggested that we need to courts to decide that, not you.

There's a murderer in your town Mister there were seven unsolved last year
There's a murderer in your town Mister how long has he been living here
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty if they hang 'em all they cannot miss
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty been a lot of problem solved like this

There's a thief in your town Mister this morning my milk was gone
There's a thief in your town Mister how long has this been going on
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty...

There's a cheater in your town Mister last night I saw him in a bar
There's a cheater in your town Mister is that the kind of people you are

There's a hypocrite in your town Mister I think I caught him in a lie
There's a hypocrite in your town Mister are you gonna let that go by
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty that's what you say we ought to do
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty but remember they're gonna hang you too

Tom T Hall

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

"Innocent" people, should not be forced to raise bail or be locked up.

I think you need to note the difference between detention & conviction.

Been Charged? | Criminal Lawyers in Toronto - Rusonik, O'Connor, Robbins, Ross, Gorham & Angelini LLP
"In Canada, the presumption of innocence is a fundamental right that is guaranteed under our section 11(d) of our constitution - The Charter of Rights and Freedoms. When a person is charged with a crime, a person is presumed not to have committed that crime until they are convicted of it in a court of law. Relying on this principle of justice, the courts will release an individual who is charged with a crime if the court is satisfied that they will come to court as directed, that there is not a risk to the community, and that the community would not be offended by the person's release."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I seem to recall one about a cop caught on video. That you claimed was guilty and argued with me when i suggested that we need to courts to decide that, not you.

There's a murderer in your town Mister there were seven unsolved last year
There's a murderer in your town Mister how long has he been living here
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty if they hang 'em all they cannot miss
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty been a lot of problem solved like this

There's a thief in your town Mister this morning my milk was gone
There's a thief in your town Mister how long has this been going on

There's a cheater in your town Mister last night I saw him in a bar
There's a cheater in your town Mister is that the kind of people you are

There's a hypocrite in your town Mister I think I caught him in a lie
There's a hypocrite in your town Mister are you gonna let that go by
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty that's what you say we ought to do
If they hang 'em all they get the guilty but remember they're gonna hang you too

Tom T Hall

You should answer my question.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You've made comments many times about locking someone up and throwing away the key without all the facts being known. You aren't unique, we all do it.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

YouTube - G20 TORONTO QUEEN & SPADINA PROTESTS & DETENTION - Decide for yourself!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You've made comments many times about locking someone up and throwing away the key without all the facts being known. You aren't unique, we all do it.

Yep, I guess when a child is dead and we know who did it, I'm not too particular about getting ALL the facts- me bad.

Read the post

So as you often do, you are talking through your hat!

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Yep, I guess when a child is dead and we know who did it, I'm not too particular about getting ALL the facts- me bad.

So as you often do, you are talking through your hat!

You have a fuzzy notion of justice. How can you be sure who did it without the facts?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You have a fuzzy notion of justice. How can you be sure who did it without the facts?

Lots of ways, D.N.A. eye witnesses, video. I'll admit I probably do get a little emotional on these type of cases, but that not the point of this thread. I just don't like the term "innocent until proven guilty" - innocent people shouldn't have to spend their life savings to defend themselves or lacking the funds remain in jail for months, often a year or more. That is the ONLY point I'm trying to make, but as usual one poster on here has to derail the thread. :lol:

JLM doesn't care about facts. He just wants to see somebody punished. If we get the right guy, I guess that's just a bonus.

If you read the thread, you would know I was advocating the exact opposite.............................MORON.