Olympic Video: O Canada - Oh What An Epic Olympic Games!

Dave_Mathews

Mar 23, 2011
Olympic Video: O Canada - Oh What An Epic Olympic Games!

Hey there,

(I hope that I am posting this is the right forum)

I would like to bring to your attention the following video: "O Canada - Oh What an Epic Olympic Games!" It is dedicated foremost to ALL of the Canadian athletes, coaches, and supporting staff and their families whose hard work and dedication resulted in Canada's best ever placing at an Olympics! Should you like what you see, please feel free to share it with those that may wish to view it too.
YouTube - O Canada - Oh What An Epic Olympic Games! / / O Canada - Ah Quelles Jeux Olympiques Incroyables!

I appreciate any feedback!

Cheers,

Dave Mathews
Proud Expat Canadian!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Olympic participation should be banned in Canada it is expensive, counter productive, elitist celebrity adulation that has absolutely no pay back to social order. A total and shameful waste of public time and money to entertain the elite and a destructive influence on the youth of nations.The modern bread and circus balm. Put the money and time into local amateur sports where it would go infinitely farther toward improving the lives and education of the citizens of Canada.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I am so proud of every single one of our Canadian athletes. The success of Canadian athletes goes directily to funding of local amateur sports, Beav. The attention and medals our kids bring home is directly related to support and funding for local sports.

I do, however, question the huge amounts of money spent by individual countries and cities in hosting the Olympics. I think it is about time the Olympic committee started thinking about a permanent home for the games - I am sure we could find room for Olympic facilities right here in Canada. All the money needed to build the venues would be contributed by every country taking part and from that point on the countries would be spending money only on sending their atheletes to the games. It would also give every country a chance to up their support of their athletes at home without worrying about hosting the games themselves.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I am so proud of every single one of our Canadian athletes. The success of Canadian athletes goes directily to funding of local amateur sports, Beav. The attention and medals our kids bring home is directly related to support and funding for local sports.

I do, however, question the huge amounts of money spent by individual countries and cities in hosting the Olympics. I think it is about time the Olympic committee started thinking about a permanent home for the games - I am sure we could find room for Olympic facilities right here in Canada. All the money needed to build the venues would be contributed by every country taking part and from that point on the countries would be spending money only on sending their atheletes to the games. It would also give every country a chance to up their support of their athletes at home without worrying about hosting the games themselves.

I like that idea, and it is very sensible and right BUT I can only see that decision as the start of
a world war 3 size fight by many countries who would want it in their country, and a 'hate on' for
the olympic committee, by all of those countries 'except' the one they choose,.

Greece for the summer and Canada for the Winter - (I can see the hair bristling in the u.s. as I
type this) lol

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Show me the documentation. I feel very strongly that the Olympics do not pay back like you suggest. I don't think Olympic aspirations are the same as healthy participation by as many as can be accomadated and I feel that it is wrong to hold winning by the few above popular participation by the many. I believe that it is a fact that it is how you play and not if you win.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Show me the documentation. I feel very strongly that the Olympics do not pay back like you suggest. I don't think Olympic aspirations are the same as healthy participation by as many as can be accomadated and I feel that it is wrong to hold winning by the few above popular participation by the many. I believe that it is a fact that it is how you play and not if you win.
Commie! :p :lol:;-)