How does coffee affect weight loss or weight gain?

kayexlace

Jan 12, 2011
I drink a lot of coffee throughout the day, and I was just wondering how that may affect my weight loss plan. Thank

Icarus27k

Council Member
Apr 4, 2010
Basic coffee has virtually no calories. It's just water mixed with coffee beans.

For example, U.S. federal law says anything that has less than 5 calories doesn't require a "nutrition facts" label, and grocery store coffee (like Folgers) doesn't have any such labels.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Diet Soda is fine, people claim it affects weight loss but I've seen people drop dozens of pounds on it, providing diet soda is not an excuse to have four big macs for supper!

The one thing that does surprise people is fruit juice, depending on the brand, it sometimes has more calories than a soda. Regardless, just read your packaging carefully and write out your calories.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
If you drink al ot of coffee you are probably dehydrated. This has other health risks. Ask a doctor as there are only internet heath consultants here.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I drink a lot of coffee throughout the day, and I was just wondering how that may affect my weight loss plan. Thank

Hmmm. For some reason I have a feeling that you'll tell us about a magical product that will help with that.;)

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
If you're sitting around drinking coffee all day you're not going to lose any weight.
So stir your stumps. :smile:

There are a million factors that all have an affect on weight loss and gain. Matching lifestyle to find a balance in those factors will lead to a healthy weight and fitness level for the person that you are.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Excessive coffee consumption is not healthy. Aside from being a diuretic it makes your kidneys work to hard. Far better off to have 1 or 2 cups in the morning and then just drink water or herbal tea. If you want a real healthy diet avoid wheat, yeast and dairy products. You can eat goat or sheep cheese and use almond breeze or similar milk substitute and stevia for a sweetener. Also watch what fruits and veggies you eat. They are important but some are very high in natural sugars.

Don't eat doughnuts with your coffee

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
yah 16oz of regular coffee made from a pot is about 5 calories.

I know, I drink it :)

Diet Pop or Coke Zero Pepsi Max.. has no calories although the other stuff in it might not be so good for you.. but it doesn't add calories.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I lost twenty seven pounds this past summer. Coffee cannabis and beer all in excess and I was happy every minute of the day. If I can get someone else to pick up the empties as they emerge from the snow banks in the spring I will have expended no energy whatever and extracted maximum gain of maximum loss. This is a truly revolutionary weight loss and body toning regime which has been years in development. It is only now that I can offer a 90 day workshop in the scenic Cobequid mountains at my ah er training/research/enviro facility for any donation (in excess of eleven thousand) to save the endangered american carrion beetle. act now, I know you want to, why wait till you need six months, if you do decide to sign up before march 30th, you will recieve training in ciggarette smoking absolutely free of charge

Coffee is natures power food.

Angel1

Jan 19, 2011
Coffee is not a cause of weight gain or loss. No will power is the problem, laziness, and no exercise,,, quick fix diets do not work without at least three days two hours of exericise. Walking is for the nearly dead,,,and not enough.

My ex daughter in law is trying to blame lupus (or as her hubby says it,,loopus)... is her cause for weight problems... (I would have to say food is her enemy).

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Coffee is not a cause of weight gain or loss. No will power is the problem, laziness, and no exercise,,, quick fix diets do not work without at least three days two hours of exericise. Walking is for the nearly dead,,,and not enough.

My ex daughter in law is trying to blame lupus (or as her hubby says it,,loopus)... is her cause for weight problems... (I would have to say food is her enemy).

If the body takes in more energy than it burns, weight gain results.
If the body burns more energy than it takes in, weight loss results.

It's a simple concept, lost on many.