Different class levels for Medical assistance.. yes no?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
so as we all know,

(or most)

that when a pro athlete, on a pro team.. gets injured and requires an MRI to determine the injury and needs surgery...

he gets to go to the hospital the next day and it's done!

yet, we as the average folk. are told, "you're appointment will be in 4 months.. or 8 months" and that's just for the MRI..

nevermind the surgery.

Should all people, regardless or earnings, position, employment.. be forced to wait just like everyone?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Are you planning on clamping potential queue-jumpers to a hospital bed so they can't go somewhere else - even across a border? If anyone can afford the product, what's the problem with getting it faster?

Did you want to get the first Xbox?

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Actually, the reason that pro sports people get MRIs right away is that they pay for them.

Same for workers comp cases. Workers comp gets billed for the tests. And your doctor bills workers comp, not medicare, for treatments for workers comp cases.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
nope.

my desire for video came consoles ended years ago.. when the PS2 was out. I had one.. but my desire for sitting needlessly in front of my tv for hours on end waned when I noticed how little I got done..

I think that nobody should be able to push aside someone who's been waiting for 4 months for an MRI.. just because he's got money to pay for it or is with a Pro hockey team.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Who are they pushing aside if they're going to a private clinic?

By that logic, the day I had my heart attack while they were mining for a vein, they should have made me wait because even though my number was being punched, they were only serving Number Ten, eh?

Do you feel threatened when someone passes you in traffic too?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Who are they pushing aside if they're going to a private clinic?

By that logic, the day I had my heart attack while they were mining for a vein, they should have made me wait because even though my number was being punched, they were only serving Number Ten, eh?

Do you feel threatened when someone passes you in traffic too?

that's different man

that's a life threatening issue there..

getting an MRI for a torn ligament isn't life threatening. the man isn't going to die in the next hour if he doesn't get his MRI!

and of course not..

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I can wait for an appointment for a physio assessment funded by the government (the allotted times are limited, so the wait is longer), or I can go in tomorrow, pay the $90 myself, and get my shoulder looked at right away and get a list of exercises to improve my shoulder so I can lift groceries, clean house, and sleep properly again. Why should I wait just because the government is only willing to pay for a limited number of patients/week? Same goes for imagery machines... the government allotment doesn't meet the number of spots available for the clinic, so why wait and leave the machine sitting empty if you have the resources to ensure you're back at work sooner?

Now, it IS up to the government to ensure that it budgets its allotment so that people don't sit on waiting lists for months on end, but that's another story.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
nope.

my desire for video came consoles ended years ago.. when the PS2 was out. I had one.. but my desire for sitting needlessly in front of my tv for hours on end waned when I noticed how little I got done..

I think that nobody should be able to push aside someone who's been waiting for 4 months for an MRI.. just because he's got money to pay for it or is with a Pro hockey team.

You have an uphill battle here. I don't know of any facet of life where money doesn't "talk".