Do Canadians have Rights?

bev21544

Nov 25, 2010
Sherwood Park Alberta
For six years I have been harassed, intimidated and bullied by the CRA. (Canada Revenue Agency) Even after another party took ownership of what they were accusing me of they have continued to come after me. I have lost everything, my business, my ability to earn a living etc etc. Finally I decided to stop being their victim and launched a law suit against them. I have so much evidence and many witnesses, but it appears that they do not want it to be out in the public. Today the Federal Court of Canada Struck out my case, not even allowing it to go to court and charging me for costs. I have reached my end, I need to stop being terrorized by these people, but with little or no resources left it appears I will not be able to end this and it looks like I will have live in a box with no address and no access to banks or money, jump off a bridge or my last hope is to apply for refugee status to the United States in order to get away from this persecution. I have started this process, but feel it is extremely unfair when my only goal in the beginning was to to help someone out.
I have appealed to the United Nations and the Commonwealth Human Rights for aid in this respect as I have been left with little or no resources and the cost have mounted and keep on going higher, which is exactly what they want, so that I just cannot afford to pursue protecting myself. I currently must depend on living and being supported by friends and relatives to stay alive. This is a David and Goliath situation, but it is not uncommon here in Canada. I have gone through the tax courts, written to many people with no success, my own MP told me he could not discuss the situation as it was a private affair, so much for MP's representing their constituents.
Is there anyone that can help me, or even point me to an organization that could help me as I have either depleted or lost all my resources to this relentless persecution. It seems ashame that I will have to leave my country and my home in order to get away from this Government Agency persecution. I would gladly provide all my documentation and evidence to anyone who would like to follow up or learn more of this continuing nightmare.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Have paid all my own taxes, I stop at having to pay the taxes of others or those made up by CRA.

I pay my taxes and they don't bother me about it. Maybe it's this story you made up to try an convince others that the bull**** you're up to is some how reasonable?

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
if you're talking about business... when there's 3 or 4 or even 2 people who are in business and they have to pay money back or go bankcrupt,

all parties involved MUST pay it back.. doesn't matter who's at fault for causing the problem.

if your partner created the mess, yet you're a 1/3 owner.. you unfortunately still have to pay it back..

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Here's a resource for you:

Here's the My Payment service for the Canada Revenue Agency. You can have this entire situation resolved by simply complying with your assessed tax obligations, and paying your taxes owing in full on the linked page. You can click here to resolve the situation.

Now, you also mentioned that your case had been thrown out by the Federal Court of Canada; that doesn't seem to make much sense to me. You see, under most cases, decisions of the Canada Revenue Agency are appealed to the Tax Court of Canada (a separate federal court), and if those honourable justices decide against you, then you can appeal their decision to the Federal Court of Appeal. The Appeal Court, though, would only here your case if you were arguing, reasonably, that the Tax Court had ruled in an area outside of its jurisdiction, or with regard to some major error in law, and I very much doubt that either of these were the case.

If you're suggesting that the Canada Revenue Agency has indeed acted in contravention of your human rights and, therefore, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, there is also recourse available to you in an appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada--be forewarned, though, if your case is anything but of a constitutional nature (i.e., that the Canada Revenue Agency is infringing on your rights), then the Supreme Court will likely reject your appeal without publishing reasons.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
With CCRA you never know. I have a second cousin with the same name that apparently owned a rental property in Cranbrook or some where like that and CCRA wanted info on a former tenant. They were bound and determined that I was the owner and should have all the info they wanted. Then they thought I should give them my cousins phone number, which I don't happen to have. They are stupid and lazy government workers.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
For six years I have been harassed, intimidated and bullied by the CRA. (Canada Revenue Agency) Even after another party took ownership of what they were accusing me of they have continued to come after me. I have lost everything, my business, my ability to earn a living etc etc. Finally I decided to stop being their victim and launched a law suit against them. I have so much evidence and many witnesses, but it appears that they do not want it to be out in the public. Today the Federal Court of Canada Struck out my case, not even allowing it to go to court and charging me for costs. I have reached my end, I need to stop being terrorized by these people, but with little or no resources left it appears I will not be able to end this and it looks like I will have live in a box with no address and no access to banks or money, jump off a bridge or my last hope is to apply for refugee status to the United States in order to get away from this persecution. I have started this process, but feel it is extremely unfair when my only goal in the beginning was to to help someone out.
I have appealed to the United Nations and the Commonwealth Human Rights for aid in this respect as I have been left with little or no resources and the cost have mounted and keep on going higher, which is exactly what they want, so that I just cannot afford to pursue protecting myself. I currently must depend on living and being supported by friends and relatives to stay alive. This is a David and Goliath situation, but it is not uncommon here in Canada. I have gone through the tax courts, written to many people with no success, my own MP told me he could not discuss the situation as it was a private affair, so much for MP's representing their constituents.
Is there anyone that can help me, or even point me to an organization that could help me as I have either depleted or lost all my resources to this relentless persecution. It seems ashame that I will have to leave my country and my home in order to get away from this Government Agency persecution. I would gladly provide all my documentation and evidence to anyone who would like to follow up or learn more of this continuing nightmare.
bev21544
Mr. Gauvreau, his address is :
General Delivery, Grovedale, Alberta, T0H 1X0 and his phone : (403) 532-6843
Call the guy and explain you situation.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Without the full story, it's difficult to make a judgement, but CRA does, at times, go "over the top." They are not always on the side of whats "right" or "reasonable" despite the fact that "reason" is part of their mandate. Hopefully, I'll never have to go up against them, because they have the resources - I do not. So I'm very diligent when doing our taxes. My point is, CRA is not perfect, but whether they're being fair in this particular situation we'll never know without knowing ALL the facts.

JMO

GroundWater

Electoral Member
Oct 27, 2008
Gibbons
I have been audited for the last 7 yrs and have never paid anymore than originally submitted, once your on there radar it's hard to get off.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
You make extremely broad claims of harassment, persecution, etc., but provide absolutely no details. What you perceive as persecution, may well be justice in the eyes of others. How can we tell, when you tell us absolutely nothing but your complaints.

What is the case against you all about?

How have you lost your business, etc? Is it because you refuse to pay taxes that the government claims are due to them?

Yes, Canadians have rights, but they also have responsibilities. The real question may well be, have you met your responsibilities?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Yep, Canadians have rights........................the wrong Canadians, the killers, rapists, extortion artists, child molesters, dope pushers, car bombers, arsonists, Fonzie scheme artists and defense lawyers. :lol:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
bev21544

Is there anyone that can help me, or even point me to an organization that could help me
contact Mr. Gauvreau, his adress is :
General Delivery, Grovedale, Alberta, T0H 1X0 and his phone : (403) 532-6843

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
What the heck is a Fonzie scheme? Jumping a shark in a tank with an antique motorcycle? AAAAAAAAA

Slang for a pyramid scheme otherwise known in some circles as a Ponzie scheme. :lol:

I think a letter to the editor of every major daily paper in Canada will do more than taking it to a bunch of bureaucrats- they hate public exposure.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I'm not clear on this persons situation, but the CRA can be bullies. Just a point as well, if you are forced into bankruptcy for whatever reason you don't get a clean slate on taxes. You can lose your house your business and be destitude, but the government does not give you a fresh start.

Skatchie

Time Out
Sep 24, 2010
Assiniboia
Canada sucks. Bunch of wimps, that's why we have no rights. We're stupid. The idiots that don't want to own guns try to make everybody else not own them too. The same thing happens everywhere. Two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. Liberal moron pussy losers.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Canada sucks. Bunch of wimps, that's why we have no rights. We're stupid. The idiots that don't want to own guns try to make everybody else not own them too. The same thing happens everywhere. Two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. Liberal moron pussy losers.

Slow down Skatchie, the guys running "the ship" are the same guys you elected and if you don't like the candidates nothing is preventing you from running yourself. I agree there were times we were very stupid (1968 was one and 1985 was another) but if you make a mistake you suck it up and live with it. When things get too tough there's about 3 million square miles of uninhabited wilderness out there you can move to with no one to bother you except ravens, coyotes and mosquitoes. :lol: