How did you meet yer one true love...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Following Chili's topics on pick up lines, love, lovers and loving them with toys, lol. I thought this would be an interesting thread topic...

How did you meet the one you loved enough to be with, for the rest of your life?

Back in the day, I played High School Football, at one game, i saw this amazingly hot young lady on the side lines of the opposing team. She kept hugging one player in particular. Being the kinda of obnoxious shyte that I am, during half time, I walked across the field to her, and asked her out on a date.

To say she was surprised would be an understatement.

She said no, with a heavy helping of sarcasm and contempt, lol. I wasn't surprised. But it did rattle her brother, who was the player she kept hugging, lol. Good enough for me.

A few weeks past, and I bumped into her at a party. She didn't recognised me. I hit on her, and she flirted back. We went out on a single date, where I told her who I was.

That was the only date I got.

A year past...

While three sheets to the wind, and high as a kite, as usual, at a pool party, I watched the hottest woman I'd ever seen in my life waltz her way out of the house towards the pool, in an amazing one piece bathing suit. That looked like it was custom made for her. I got up, in a drunken, doped up stooper, flopped head first into the pool and almost drowned.

After being dragged out and smacked back into a semi conscious state. I asked where the hottie went. I was told and I managed to get to my feet and stumble over to her and said...

"Can I see yer boobs?"

Then I was rubbing my face and wondering why it hurt.

I managed to con her phone number out of one of her friends. After being hung up on a few times, she finally talked to me, I conned her into meeting me for coffee at a very public coffee shop, where she agreed to have dinner with me. It was so so, I was smitten, but she wasn't convinced that I was sincere. My reputation had preceded me.

At a party a few weeks later, we bumped into each other again. An ex of mine, that was a friend of hers as well, began hitting on me, and I brushed off her advances and kept migrating towards SCB. By the end of the night, we were sitting around the fire, SCB behind me, sitting just a little higher on a berm, with me seated between her legs, both of us just watching the fire and listening to the chatter, her arms around my neck.

And for the first time in my life, I wanted to be with a women, in a way other then sex. I drove her home in the morning, dropped her off, and immediately turned to my buddy and said...

"I'm going to marry that girl"

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I met hubby in highschool. The funny part is we'd gone to the same church almost all our lives, and never noticed one another, but when he walked into the highschool, the new grade 12 student with the snazzy truck, I immediately had a crush. And, I immediately annoyed the HELL out of him. He graduated, and went off to the rigs. I 'grew up', changed from one boy obsessed group of friends to another group of friends more obsessed with smoking and drinking coffee and finding bush parties to drink harder stuff at. It's shocking what a change 1 year ban bring about when you're young like that. When we re-met, I was dating a friend of his, and he was in town on his days off. We built a friendship over the course of months, him dating a neighbour of mine, me dating a friend of his. Then, halfway through grade 8, I realized sitting home in the evening that I wasn't waiting for my boyfriend to call, I was waiting for this wonderful friend to call. Not that I thought 'gee I'm in love with M', but, I realized that I definitely was wasting my time with my boyfriend, so, I broke up with him. A week later M was back in town on days off again. He'd broken up with his girlfriend for much the same reason.... here I was wanting to talk to him, make time for him, and his girlfriend couldn't be bothered. we started dating in December of my grade 8 year. :)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Following Chili's topics on pick up lines, love, lovers and loving them with toys, lol. I thought this would be an interesting thread topic...

How did you meet the one you loved enough to be with, for the rest of your life?

Back in the day, I played High School Football, at one game, i saw this amazingly hot young lady on the side lines of the opposing team. She kept hugging one player in particular. Being the kinda of obnoxious shyte that I am, during half time, I walked across the field to her, and asked her out on a date.

To say she was surprised would be an understatement.

She said no, with a heavy helping of sarcasm and contempt, lol. I wasn't surprised. But it did rattle her brother, who was the player she kept hugging, lol. Good enough for me.

A few weeks past, and I bumped into her at a party. She didn't recognised me. I hit on her, and she flirted back. We went out on a single date, where I told her who I was.

That was the only date I got.

A year past...

While three sheets to the wind, and high as a kite, as usual, at a pool party, I watched the hottest woman I'd ever seen in my life waltz her way out of the house towards the pool, in an amazing one piece bathing suit. That looked like it was custom made for her. I got up, in a drunken, doped up stooper, flopped head first into the pool and almost drowned.

After being dragged out and smacked back into a semi conscious state. I asked where the hottie went. I was told and I managed to get to my feet and stumble over to her and said...

"Can I see yer boobs?"

Then I was rubbing my face and wondering why it hurt.

I managed to con her phone number out of one of her friends. After being hung up on a few times, she finally talked to me, I conned her into meeting me for coffee at a very public coffee shop, where she agreed to have dinner with me. It was so so, I was smitten, but she wasn't convinced that I was sincere. My reputation had preceded me.

At a party a few weeks later, we bumped into each other again. An ex of mine, that was a friend of hers as well, began hitting on me, and I brushed off her advances and kept migrating towards SCB. By the end of the night, we were sitting around the fire, SCB behind me, sitting just a little higher on a berm, with me seated between her legs, both of us just watching the fire and listening to the chatter, her arms around my neck.

And for the first time in my life, I wanted to be with a women, in a way other then sex. I drove her home in the morning, dropped her off, and immediately turned to my buddy and said...

"I'm going to marry that girl"

..............And now you call her "Stone Cold Bitch"................nice............things change eh!:happy7:
:lol:

:love5:Came walking along as I was rolling in the gutter with the pigs. The pigs all got up and left, and :love5: said "Hey the prick who was supposed to take me out, stood me up!!!" Well, I took a gander, realized that I was speaking to the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen:love5::love5:(yep, that's her), and so I offered to go home, take a shower, change, and take "the prick's" place. Been there ever since.....................:confused3:

Actually we went to public school together. At first, (for about 10 years), she didn't like me much. Eventually she realized she had her eyes on the prize :)toothy9:), and married me, breaking several hearts and tossing a few into the gutter with the pigs, afore trapping me in the church.......hee hee hee.:roll:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i was 13, he was 14, we went friday night ice skating each week, did not speak to each other,
but I stared at him, the guy of my dreams, dark skin with blue eyes, that's all I needed to see
at that time of life.

A school room friend of mine, who knew my 'crush', decided to scheme so we could somehow talk to
each other, as he was just as shy as I was. So, the friend, took my earmuffs, and gave them to
blue eyes, and told him not to give them back till I asked for them, then came back to me and
said that 'blue eyes' had my ear muffs, and if I wanted them back I had to go and get them.

A dilemma indeed, as shy as I was I easily could have gone out the next day and bought new earmuffs,
but something, 'my attraction to him', of course, made me finally skate up to him, (two weeks)
later and ask if he still had my earmuffs, and that was the beginning of 'what is now', almost
our 52nd anniversay, happening Sept. 27th.

I found out he played hockey and fast pitch, two games I loved, so we hit it off immediately with
our love of sports, and haven't looked back. He was not a drinker, or a partier, and neither was
I, so we did our own stuff we enjoyed, went fishing, and many outdoor activities.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
After one intense relationship at the end of my teenage years, I got in a rather passive mode where I just waited for the right girl to come up.

6 lonely years later, a girl I knew started to come on to me. I was not attracted to her beyond friendship but figured it was about time I had a relationship... It lasted a couple of months and one day, I realized very clearly that this just wasn't right. I simply was not in love with that girl and could not stay with her. It suddenly became very clear that being single was more satisfying to me than being in a relationship I didn't really commit to. It also became clear that I was willing to wait for as long as it took to meet the right person.

So basically, I left the girl. On the very same day after having left that girl, I came home to see that my roommate had invited some of her friends over. I instantly fell in love with one of them and knew that I had taken the right decision.

I didn't have to wait after all! A couple months later, after we had flirted together at parties, I gave her ''the phone call''.

The rest is history.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I feel ashamed my story is of two failed marriages behind my husband to be and me...

He married a young lovely girl as he was sent to the East Coast to train in the Navy on a Carrier - he was away a great deal but home enough to have four lovely kids with his wife. He thought things were going well until his second eldest daughter finally confessed she waits up for me mom at night when she is out on
"dates" - hoping mom will get home before morning. I don't remember all the details as I was tuned out on this....

I had an agonizing first marriage to my first regular high school date. It also ended in tragedy and I would not plan to marry for years. I signed on for schooling in California and the rest is history until one evening I met a visiting Navy Man and forgot all my promises to myself never to get involved again.

It was a beautiful marriage - two very hurt people become nurturing from their own wounds and make
wonderful partners. I am blessed I had my years to share with him.

The second marriage for me was "the one true love" - I knew the difference by then.

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Halloween party. I was dressed as a yellow bird :duckie: and he, John Lennon. There was a hot band and we noticed each other dancing with lots of other people so we were obviously there alone. So we danced a few times. :hello1:
Then he said he was stepping outside to cool down and have a smoke. Did I want to join him? I did.
We sat on the ground and talked for a bit. Then he asked if I wanted a drink, a rum and coke perhaps. Sure.
He went and got a couple and came back out and tripped and poured the drinks on me. Right then I knew I was gonna love this guy. :love10:

We spent 15 wonderful years together :love3:.
Then he died. :crybaby:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Her sister hung out with us.........they were inseparable, and soon wife-to-be was there too........., after a couple of months of her being around.....we were a bunch of 16 year old JDs...:).....we were hanging around outside the Hall the local priests had set up to keep us off the streets.......she walked out into a crowd of guys, she was pretty, sweet as candy, tiny, weighed less than 100 lbs....somebody grabbed her, and they started pushing her from guy to guy.......when she hit me, she threw her arms around my neck and wouldn't let go.

Been together ever since.

Romantic, eh?

Rough boys.