Travelling to Edmonton from Toronto without crossing US Border

wordlife95

Aug 23, 2010
Hi,

Im a newbie who is travelling to Edmonton from Toronto for the very first. Im doing a road trip to Edmonton since I got a job opportunity there. My question is If anyone here can guide me with travel distance from toronto to edmonton without crossing the borders and also if someone and provide me with the map and the amount of day it will take to get there. Just to give heads up, I plan on leaving toronto on Sept 2nd and have to be in Edmonton by Sept 6th.

I would appreciate help.

Thanks

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hi,

Im a newbie who is travelling to Edmonton from Toronto for the very first. Im doing a road trip to Edmonton since I got a job opportunity there. My question is If anyone here can guide me with travel distance from toronto to edmonton without crossing the borders and also if someone and provide me with the map and the amount of day it will take to get there. Just to give heads up, I plan on leaving toronto on Sept 2nd and have to be in Edmonton by Sept 6th.

I would appreciate help.

Thanks

Yahoo! Maps, Driving Directions, and Traffic

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Hi,

I would appreciate help.

Thanks

It would be much easier, shorter and faster going via the U.S.- unless of course you are "wanted" down there. :lol:

this one here takes me to US border and Im avoiding US border as I dont have my Passport renewed.

Probably within a couple of miles at Sault Ste Marie.

wordlife95

Aug 23, 2010
It would be much easier, shorter and faster going via the U.S.- unless of course you are "wanted" down there. :lol:

LOL not really....just dont want that hassle, but i will be taking a UHAUL dolly too, so i dont want to be stopped at any point. lol

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
You can take 400 and 17 and go through the Soo and along Superior ... or if big hills aren't to your liking, take 11 through Cochrane and Hearst. Be ready for an overnight in Ontario either way.