Canada produces the most beautiful trains in the world

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Bombardier of Canada is known throughout the world as a major leader in Aircraft and Transportation. Astonishing comming from Canada they produce the most beautiful of all transportation trains.

Monorails

Light Rail Vechicles

High Speed Trains, and too many more types and styles to mention.

The question is, when do we as Canadians get to enjoy our own product?

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Bombardier of Canada is known throughout the world as a major leader in Aircraft and Transportation. Astonishing comming from Canada they produce the most beautiful of all transportation trains.

When Canadians finally get around to figuring out that rail is a good deal. But till then, we'll spend fortunes trucking cargo around and flying.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
High Speed Trains, and too many more types and styles to mention.

Care rules supreme in North America.

In Toronto I have the choice of Go-Transit, max speed of about 110km/h or for longer hauls, ViaRail which go about the same speed and it's more expensive then flying.

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
The planes rock too, Learjet and Challenger.

Yes! I love the learjets... I've allways dreamed of owning a white Bombardier CRJ-700 Limo Jet.. but that would be ridiculous. :lol:

GOOD NEWS! Bombardier finally made it with the big boys.. The new C-Series.

All leather seating for us folk.. :cool:

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Don't overlook Bombardier's heritage - Montreal Locomotive Works.....

Canadian National Railways

Cap-stacked Hudson 5702 working upgrade with a short train near Bayview, Ontario. 1958
Preserved at Exporail. Joseph Testagrose Collection
Two passenger trains sit ready to depart London for Windsor. June 1957 Jim Hinkhouse
At right is 5702 a very fast 80 inch driver Hudson and at left (see below) is Northern 6233.​

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California

Bombardier is the World’s No. 1 train maker and No. 3 aerospace company. :canada:

Last year 2009 Bombardier was awarded a $4 Billion dollar purchase for 80 High Speed Trains to China.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
This is starting to look like spam to me. Aren't there other manufacturers?

theconqueror

Time Out
Feb 1, 2010
San Diego, California
Don't overlook Bombardier's heritage - Montreal Locomotive Works.....

Yes. I'm aware of Bombardiers beginnings, but that was then. I have two uncles who are both 35 year veteran train drivers for CN.

Today, Bombardier is #1 Train Maker in the world!

And Cheers!.. to Bombardier of Canada for the most beautiful trains in the world!

Last edited:

FUBAR

Electoral Member
May 14, 2007

Not all of them are pretty. These ones are a bit fragile and they do not work in any amount of snow. They replaced old stock built in the 60s that were well past their sell by dates but these won't last 40 years.