Get a clue!

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
I've been reading the posts here at CC and I just have to say that I have never seen a more inarticulate, narrow-minded bunch of idiots. You are always so right and so self-righteous yet you people could not debate your way out of a wet paper bag. Since you are blathering on your computers all the time I assume it is because you are not competent enough to function out in society.

Still with me? I hope so because this is an experiment. Actually I love pretty much all of you and I'm sorry if I got you wound up there. Did you feel yourself tensing up inside as you read that first paragraph? Did that tension abate as you read this now? Are you male or female?

According to a study recently released women’s blood pressure returns to normal more swiftly when they receive an apology after an insult, whereas men recover more slowly. I had this tried on me yesterday by a radio host. She got all snarky and I could feel my bp going up but as soon as she apologized, I could physically feel the change. And this just fascinates me because it doesn't work that way for men.

Here is one of many articles about this which is all over the interwebs right now.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/720121

So I thought it would be interesting to try this here. It would have been nice to do it as a poll but that would have altered the effect, I think. I would like to know, as a man or woman, are you still a bit tense about me, or is it all ok now?

The implications of this are quite important. From now on if I say something to a female that upsets them, I will quickly offer an apology. But if it's a guy, I'll just say, "Bite me." :lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've been reading the posts here at CC and I just have to say that I have never seen a more inarticulate, narrow-minded bunch of idiots. You are always so right and so self-righteous yet you people could not debate your way out of a wet paper bag. Since you are blathering on your computers all the time I assume it is because you are not competent enough to function out in society.

Still with me?
Yep.

Did you feel yourself tensing up inside as you read that first paragraph?
Nope.
Did that tension abate as you read this now?
No need to.
Are you male or female?
Male.

Excellent article. Vet interesting, thank you.

So I thought it would be interesting to try this here. It would have been nice to do it as a poll but that would have altered the effect, I think. I would like to know, as a man or woman, are you still a bit tense about me, or is it all ok now?
Having read some of your posts, I didn't think it was an attack, as much as an observation. So there was nothing to get worked up about. Given the fact that when so one posts a link in a post, I open that link then begin reading the post. I noticed it was for Medscape. So there had to be something more to it as I began to get the gist of the first paragraph. The jig was up pretty quickly, sorry I ruined that for you, lol.

The implications of this are quite important. From now on if I say something to a female that upsets them, I will quickly offer an apology. But if it's a guy, I'll just say, "Bite me." :lol:
Be careful, that could come back to...well...bite you in the ass...:lol:

Again excellent post hermite, thanx.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

And you're just as narrow minded as the rest of us by generalizing all of us with the same brush. That and you post/debate in here like everybody else, ie: on a computer, and had enough incentive to post your complaints about all of us like it really matters and what you say is true.... so what does that say about you? ;-)

Still with me? I hope so because this is an experiment. Actually I love pretty much all of you and I'm sorry if I got you wound up there. Did you feel yourself tensing up inside as you read that first paragraph?

Not really. If I let what others say in her affect me in real life, then there would truly be something wrong with me.

Did that tension abate as you read this now? Are you male or female?

No and Male.

According to a study recently released women’s blood pressure returns to normal more swiftly when they receive an apology after an insult, whereas men recover more slowly. I had this tried on me yesterday by a radio host. She got all snarky and I could feel my bp going up but as soon as she apologized, I could physically feel the change. And this just fascinates me because it doesn't work that way for men.

For me, it depends on the situation and what is said, by whom. If some random clown on a telephone called me up to trash me out, I'd either trash the crap back out of them for wasting my time and then hang up on their ear..... or just hang up without a word.

Here is one of many articles about this which is all over the interwebs right now.

Same as before, which is no opinion, positive or negative.

For me, in real life or in here, I'll say what's on my mind as I'd expect others to do towards me, I'll say what I believe in, or what I feel needs to be said, and regardless if someone is offended or not, they can take it anyway they please, it matters not to me.

It's not per say that I like being a jerk and don't care about other people's feelings, but all my life, I dealt with people tossing their opinions and criticisms at me as if they were justified in doing so, or somehow felt it would help me in someway, so I just adopted this approach through the years, as for far too long, I rarely ever spoke up for myself or spoke up for what I felt was right and I got a lot of catching up to do :lol:

And for some reason, I feel sugar coating things just doesn't have the same impact as telling it straight.... even if I'm completely wrong or out of line.... someone eventually learns something in the process and that includes me as well.

Siryphas

Mar 15, 2010
Kannapolis
This was interesting, I was going to reply harshly, but since the apology I did feel slightly relieved. I'm male, so I'm still waiting for you to say something snarky so I can start a fight, but you apologized so, what can I do? lol :p

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Man some people really really need to chill out...
What I got from the OP was a fun experiment...That's the first paragraph and the rest is just an explanation......Sheeesh!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Still with me? I hope so because this is an experiment. Actually I love pretty much all of you and I'm sorry if I got you wound up there. Did you feel yourself tensing up inside as you read that first paragraph? Did that tension abate as you read this now? Are you male or female?

Having held the opinion that you are a nice person, it took me about 4 seconds to "smell a rat".......................great experiment................:lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Man some people really really need to chill out...
What I got from the OP was a fun experiment...That's the first paragraph and the rest is just an explanation......Sheeesh!!!
Well DaSleeper, what can I say some people are stupid,but what we have at this forum is a congregation of people from all levels of thought. Fortunately, most are quite smart.
You can read between the lines of any post if you're a complete moron, but I don't think anybody here does that.
We bump into all sorts of morons in our day to day life, but thankfully, here, we only find a excellent mixture ideologies and philosophies.

Get a clue, quite, the people at this site helped me find it. I'm sorry if this little experiment pissed you off. I hope you get over it and have a good laugh...

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I've been away for awhile so I hadn't the emotional reaction to your post I would have had I been posting more regularily. But I know from experience that a "sorry" always cools my jets when I'm angry. And I'm female (apparently typically so)

Vet interesting, thank you.
I think you're taking your nick a little too seriously these days, CDNBear.

If I let what others say in her affect me in real life

Who is her and would your opinion change if it was said outside of her?lol

Wow, the typos today are quite good and are in keeping with the topic's thread. Well done!

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
... Who is her and would your opinion change if it was said outside of her?lol

So long as one doesn't scream and pop something in her from the compressed exhale of air, nothing would change much.....

"SAX'A'MA'PHOOOONNNEEE!!!!" :lol:

.... just visualized yelling that into a woman and quickly getting a kick in the head.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I've been away for awhile so I hadn't the emotional reaction to your post I would have had I been posting more regularily. But I know from experience that a "sorry" always cools my jets when I'm angry. And I'm female (apparently typically so)

I think you're taking your nick a little too seriously these days, CDNBear.

Who is her and would your opinion change if it was said outside of her?lol

Wow, the typos today are quite good and are in keeping with the topic's thread. Well done!
:roll: I think you missed the point of the post, like between the lines...

Last edited:

Free your mind

Electoral Member
Apr 14, 2009

I am A Man
And no i expect CC to have lively debates its what makes it special
so i was not irritated but intrigued..:smile:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I agree. Lately I bumped into a couple of them that couldn't figure out the difference between limited thought and limited intelligence. lol

Interesting article, thanks. :)

I thought that was SOP. lol

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
Thanks for playing, everyone. I might have gotten more responses if Bear hadn't blown my cover ;-), or maybe if I'd put it in the Steel Cage or something.

But the replies do seem to bear out :)roll:) the thesis.

I was intrigued by this because my ex :angry3: used to get so angry about the weirdest things, like I'd talk to the wrong person or something, and I would apologize for days on end before he would speak to me again. Whereas if he had ever apologized to me for any of the cruel things he said, I'd have gotten over it in a heartbeat. So now I understand better. It's just because he was a male. And a psychopath. That's you, isn't it, Prax? :hello2:

:lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Thanks for playing, everyone. I might have gotten more responses if Bear hadn't blown my cover ;-), or maybe if I'd put it in the Steel Cage or something.

But the replies do seem to bear out :)roll:) the thesis.

:lol:
Sorry hermite. You may have missed the little test I tried in the posts I've made in your thread. You gave a few of us this idea. It stems from reading between the lines and the reactions.

Last edited: