Canada wins gold!!!!!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Alexandre Bilodeau won gold in the men's mogul event tonight. I doubt he yet realizes the impact this medal will have. Canada has never won gold on home soil prior to these Olympics. The curse is broken and we can hold our heads high.

YEE HAW! :canada::canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

This young fellow has much to be proud of and he deserves all the praise that will be granted him. Congratulations, Alexandre and thank you with all our hearts.

GO, CANADA, GO! :canada::canada::canada::canada::canada:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I watched that too. How great is that eh? What a proud moment for Bilodeau and for Canada!
GO, CANADA, GO! :canada::canada::canada::canada:

Starscream

Electoral Member
May 23, 2008
Somewhere, someplace
The final ten contenders was a real nail bitter. But it all came down to Bilodeau and he came though, right on! The first of many I hope.

CTV ran a commercial about an hour after the event, (the ones narrated by Morgan Freeman, or what sounds ALOT like him) and the narrator congradulated Canada on winning our first gold on home turf. These people really work fast.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is no official protest but the Australians are claiming that their man really won and that the judges inflated Bilodeau's score. Their man was Canadian born Begg-Smith who now competes for Australia........Nyaa nyaa..........we won, we won......;-):lol:

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Bilodeau won, fair and square.. fastest time without deductions, greatest level of difficulty. The Australians can be poor losers.. but i'm glad Bilodeau won over the Australians to settle the score for a couple of upsets by Australia over Canadian favourites, especially in flatwater events, at the last Summer Olympics. And i'm just as glad it was over an expatriate Canadian. :p

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Before we get too carried away regarding complaints out of Australia, we should be more focused on what the skier has to say rather than what the media has to say. This is what our "ex-patriate" had to say:
"I think it was great that Canada won gold and the crowd was really happy with it and everybody went crazy," Begg-Smith said, in a display of graciousness. "We're out there to put on a show.

"Obviously everybody enjoyed what they saw and were really happy with the outcome of it."

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The final ten contenders was a real nail bitter. But it all came down to Bilodeau and he came though, right on! The first of many I hope.

CTV ran a commercial about an hour after the event, (the ones narrated by Morgan Freeman, or what sounds ALOT like him) and the narrator congradulated Canada on winning our first gold on home turf. These people really work fast.

They do work fast. Visa had a commercial already to go that congratulated Canada on its first gold - it ran shortly after the race too.

Starscream

Electoral Member
May 23, 2008
Somewhere, someplace
They probably had those commercials pre-recorded and ready for broadcast incase we won gold. Even if those aren't pre-recorded it must take alot of talent to do that on the fly (although I doubt that Morgan Freeman, assuming it is him narrating, would be on constant standby to record).

Still, we finaly got gold and ended the drought. That's what really mattered.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
They probably had those commercials pre-recorded and ready for broadcast incase we won gold. Even if those aren't pre-recorded it must take alot of talent to do that on the fly (although I doubt that Morgan Freeman, assuming it is him narrating, would be on constant standby to record).

Still, we finaly got gold and ended the drought. That's what really mattered.

Alex is a class act. Have caught a few of his interviews and he is so Canadian in that he is humble and understated. He stated yesterday that the first gold medal is no more important than the second or third. Way to go, Alex.

GO, CANADA, GO. :canada:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada has just won a 2nd gold medal: M. Ricker in snowboard cross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes and an impressive win it was.

We should get a medal or two in Hockey. I just don't know what colour they will be. Either gold or silver I would guess.