Who do you think should light the torch at the Olympic Opening Ceremony?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Who ever paid the most taxes last year.
Anyone but the Premier of BC. He may have been instrumental in bringing the Olympics here but he's not an athlete and many people are suffering medically and otherwise right now because of the costs of the Olympics. The costs could increase. Today's weather words say that while Cypress Mtn. got snow, rain is in the forecast for the Olympics. It is pouring rain here right now with a wind warning in effect. I turned the heat down more than usual last night and opened the window wider in the middle of the night because it was so warm. Sounds like we are going to have brown Olympics despite the 300 trucks of snow transported from higher up the mountain.

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
ya I was wondering if it was going to end up being him...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I like two of the answers I've heard elsewhere so far....

Betty Fox

Wayne Gretzky

Either one would be good with me.

countryboy

Traditionally Progressive
Nov 30, 2009
BC
I think they should go out on the street and pick an ordinary person, at random, and ask him/her to do it. To me, that would help to demonstrate that the games are open to all, and it would certainly make the torch lighter's day! One of those "15 minutes of fame" things.

The costly fanfare of the Olympics has gotten on my nerves a bit in the last few years...

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I think they should go out on the street and pick an ordinary person, at random, and ask him/her to do it. To me, that would help to demonstrate that the games are open to all, and it would certainly make the torch lighter's day! One of those "15 minutes of fame" things.

The costly fanfare of the Olympics has gotten on my nerves a bit in the last few years...

I agree. Make it a child to symbolize hope for the future.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
"Who do you think should light the torch at the Olympic Opening Ceremony?"

"and why :icon_smile:"

Someone whoever ate massive amounts of baked beans or chili the night before. Why? For obvious reasons - the fireworks. :D
Seriously, Roxxxy.
No really seriously, some regular person the size of Luciano Pavarotti.
No, really really seriously, some regular person.