Help needed

shimrit

Dec 18, 2009
Hello everybody,

I am attaching a link to a research questionnaire i am performing, I SWEAR IT TAKES LESS THAN 3 MINUTES FOR SURE and your help is VITALLLLL!

Please cooperate!

THANK YOU GOOD PEOPLE !!
MERRY X-MAS !!

Aviation Questionnaire (Canada)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is not exactly an unbiased survey by any means, and the questions
are worded in such a way as to slope the results in advance of anyone
taking this survey. With this in mind.....

This survey is Vital for what to whom for what purpose?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
If this is the real picture of Shimrit.....I'll fill in any questionaire she wants...

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
This is not exactly an unbiased survey by any means, and the questions
are worded in such a way as to slope the results in advance of anyone
taking this survey. With this in mind.....

This survey is Vital for what to whom for what purpose?

Having played a part in the design of surveys I can tell you that it is very infrequent that a survey isn't designed to elicit desired responses for vested interests. I'll bet a large percentage of respondants would be willing to pay extra even though commercial aviation contributes a measly 3% of global pollution. Then ask them if they would be willing to pay extra for employees to be able to earn what they did back in 1990, an approximate 20% increase over today's wages due to decades of cutbacks.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Having played a part in the design of surveys I can tell you that it is very infrequent that a survey isn't designed to elicit desired responses for vested interests. I'll bet a large percentage of respondants would be willing to pay extra even though commercial aviation contributes a measly 3% of global pollution. Then ask them if they would be willing to pay extra for employees to be able to earn what they did back in 1990, an approximate 20% increase over today's wages due to decades of cutbacks.
I wouldn't pay more for an airline to cut back on pollution. Why should I? They pollute, they should pay. I am doing my part at my expense, so should they or any other business.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I wouldn't pay more for an airline to cut back on pollution. Why should I? They pollute, they should pay. I am doing my part at my expense, so should they or any other business.

All industries pollute, you may be paying for them whether you use their services or not. If airlines are made to pay for pollution I guarantee it will show in the ticket price, as does the security fee, NavCanada fees, taxes and other charges. They may not be broken down entirely but make up a major portion of what folks pay. The survey is a ruse to see if infrequent flyers with guilty consciences will be willing to pay extra for a ticket, an extra fee with no discernable positive result I might add. Just like the security fee, it is a money grab.

You think business should pay? Sure, but who do you think picks up the tab? Business is business, the consumer pays in the end. The problem with commercial aviation is that it highly capitalized, highly regulated, and highly taxed. Something has to give in such a competitive high risk industry with little return on investment. Add more fees and first go wages, then goes safety, there are too many carriers that have accidents from cutting corners. It is a misperception that aviation pollutes more than any other mode of transportation. It is also a misperception that everyone in the industry is wealthy. It is the perfect means to make a small fortune, out of a large one.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
All industries pollute, you may be paying for them whether you use their services or not.
But I'm not paying more nor am I willing to pay more. And that was the point.
If airlines are made to pay for pollution I guarantee it will show in the ticket price, as does the security fee, NavCanada fees, taxes and other charges. They may not be broken down entirely but make up a major portion of what folks pay. The survey is a ruse to see if infrequent flyers with guilty consciences will be willing to pay extra for a ticket, an extra fee with no discernable positive result I might add. Just like the security fee, it is a money grab.
Yup. But that seems to be what people are willing to put up with. Personally, I think it's usury.

You think business should pay?
Yes.
Sure, but who do you think picks up the tab? Business is business, the consumer pays in the end.
It's passed on to the consumer; I know that. Do I look like a moron?
The problem with commercial aviation is that it highly capitalized, highly regulated, and highly taxed. Something has to give in such a competitive high risk industry with little return on investment. Add more fees and first go wages, then goes safety, there are too many carriers that have accidents from cutting corners. It is a misperception that aviation pollutes more than any other mode of transportation. It is also a misperception that everyone in the industry is wealthy. It is the perfect means to make a small fortune, out of a large one.
I don't freakin care what businesses' excuses are, they should not be able to get away with crap and then have the customer pay for it.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
But I'm not paying more nor am I willing to pay more. And that was the point.

Well I'm sorry, but unless you live in a mud hut and fend entirely for yourself, you are paying. There are already hidden fees applied to all modes of transport, and the consumer pays for them.

But that seems to be what people are willing to put up with. Personally, I think it's usury.

Yes, it's usury inflicted on the apathetic many by the consenting few.

Yes. It's passed on to the consumer; I know that. Do I look like a moron?

I really don't know what you look like, we've never met.

I don't freakin care what businesses' excuses are, they should not be able to get away with crap and then have the customer pay for it.

Well, that's the reality, and it ain't gonna change anytime soon. I'm just sick and tired of folks picking on an industry that is not the problem only because it is very visible and makes headlines. I've been defending it for 4 decades now and know it is the most squeaky clean of all of them, mainly because it is always under the microscope. Bullies will always pick on those least likely able to defend themselves while avoiding all others.

I find it odd that an Israeli university would be endorsing this survey. But then again, universities are fertile breeding grounds for activism.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I guess the big question is, "how is an extra fee going to make an airline pollute less?". It's not, it is a money grab, all the while airlines have reduced frequency so they are operating at maximum capacity. Engine manufacturers spend billions of dollars making engines more efficient. An extra fee will only make airlines less efficient and only serve to raise ticket prices. They will pollute less because they have parked airplanes and laid off staff, while travellers will just drive instead, hmmm, bargain.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Well I'm sorry, but unless you live in a mud hut and fend entirely for yourself, you are paying. There are already hidden fees applied to all modes of transport, and the consumer pays for them.
Again, I know that. I have not been living in mud. Apparently my point still escapes you.

Yes, it's usury inflicted on the apathetic many by the consenting few.
Okay, maybe my point did get through.

I really don't know what you look like, we've never met.
I think that's what the albums here are for.

Well, that's the reality, and it ain't gonna change anytime soon.
You think?
I'm just sick and tired of folks picking on an industry that is not the problem only because it is very visible and makes headlines. I've been defending it for 4 decades now and know it is the most squeaky clean of all of them, mainly because it is always under the microscope. Bullies will always pick on those least likely able to defend themselves while avoiding all others.
Yeah, I only pick on airlines. :roll:

I find it odd that an Israeli university would be endorsing this survey. But then again, universities are fertile breeding grounds for activism.
Perhaps it isn't a survey studying airlines, but a survey studying the people who reply to the survey. University people study all kinds of things.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I guess the big question is, "how is an extra fee going to make an airline pollute less?". It's not, it is a money grab, all the while airlines have reduced frequency so they are operating at maximum capacity. Engine manufacturers spend billions of dollars making engines more efficient. An extra fee will only make airlines less efficient and only serve to raise ticket prices. They will pollute less because they have parked airplanes and laid off staff, while travellers will just drive instead, hmmm, bargain.
I agree. :)

shimrit

Dec 18, 2009
Hi everybody,

ALL of your responses and answers are correct. I wanna research how you view things and feel about them. btw the aviation pollution rate stands on only 2% and not 3, and yes it is minor, but this is the point. trust me I am not trying to make the results fit in to some pattern, this is why I ask of you to fill out the form and the more the better.
To the guy with the "shimrit picture", this is obviously not me, but i assure u if we met you'd fill out the form.

other than that I really have a high rate of respondents from the United states and I feel it is crucial canadians will have a voice in that issue as well especially when looking at your social and economical ties.

So please guys, get ppl to feel this out..

thank youso much!

Shimrit

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
To the guy with the "shimrit picture", this is obviously not me, but i assure u if we met you'd fill out the form.

So please guys, get ppl to feel this out..

thank youso much!

Shimrit

If I feel this out.....You have to post a picture of yourself nakid;-):lol:

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Again, I know that. I have not been living in mud. Apparently my point still escapes you.

Okay, maybe my point did get through.

I'm not sure; you say you won't pay more for a company to clean up its act but say the companies should pay... Okay, so a company spills oil or something like that, sure, they should pay for cleanup. But an arbitrary fee that probably does nothing but get funnelled into the black hole called "general revenue" to be doled out by mandarins to whatever cause they feel is justified, I take it you're not in favour of it.

I think that's what the albums here are for.

Wouldn't help, I can't tell a moron from a genious by a picture

Yeah, I only pick on airlines. :roll:

So I take it you're an equal opportunity picker onner. Problem is, as I've said before, they are easy targets and are picked on by governments. It's quite easy as they are government regulated and are popular whipping boys in the name of political expediency. People with either nothing better to do, or are trying to justify their positions come up with new onerous regulations on a regular basis. The cost of compiance is quite high, in an industry that has very narrow profit margins. When the economy sneezes, it is an industry that catches pneumonia. As I've also said before, the UK and Europe are either implimenting, or planning to impliment carbon taxes on airlines, including exorbitant fees for short haul flights. Why don't they try that with trucking and shipping? Because it will upset more people. In the end it will be all for naught because it is just a tax grab they can justify publicly and look like they are doing something, which is what it seems to be all about.

Perhaps it isn't a survey studying airlines, but a survey studying the people who reply to the survey. University people study all kinds of things.

Yes, but I've been watching the trend, I would be less suspicious if all modes of transport were included, or if aviation wasn't even a factor in the survey.