Bounce This Along!

rufus

Electoral Member
Mar 7, 2009
Bounce This Along!

The US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.

Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer. I use it when I am working outside. It really works. The insects just veer around you.

All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer!

1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.

2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.

3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.

4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season..

5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.

6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.

7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.

8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.

9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.

10.. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.

11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.

12. To freshen the air in your car - place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat..

13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.

14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.

15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the lose hairs.

16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.

17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.

18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.

19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.

20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.

21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.

22. Wet a Bounce sheet, hose down your car, and wipe lovebugs off easily with the wet Bounce.

Quick, bounce this along!
Nothing will happen if you don't, but your friends will be glad to hear these hints!

Hazmart

Council Member
Sep 29, 2007
I know a lot of people who will tie a bounce sheet around their dogs collars in the summer to keep the misquitos away.

LikelyGuy

Usually Confused
Sep 7, 2009
The Cariboo
I also heard that Bounce dryer sheets will end world hunger, find a cure to Cancer/HIV and H1N1, clean out the garage, recite Pi to the last digit and make you a nice sandwich.

Mmmmm... nice sandwich.

Last edited:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
One thing they don't tell about bounce is what they do to your dryer vent. The stuff clogs lint traps. Be safe and wash the screens.
That's true. It does clog the dryer vent so every now and again - wash the dryer screen. As far as bounce sheets keeping bugs away - hasn't anyone figured out that if we are using it, it's already well into our clothes so why would we have to carry one with us for it to actually work? Every item of clothing I wear has to smell a lot like Bounce. I received an email telling me to spread or spray Listerine all around an area to keep bugs away!!! Then, in regard to the "Bounce" list above - I received a mail that said that peroxide would do pretty much the same to or for things that Bounce does. (Never said it would kill bugs)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Watch horses. They roll in the dirt to keep bugs off. Next time you are headed out into the woods, get nekked, roll around in a sand box and then head out. I would also put your clothes back on just in case you find some bugs that like dirt.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Watch horses. They roll in the dirt to keep bugs off. Next time you are headed out into the woods, get nekked, roll around in a sand box and then head out. I would also put your clothes back on just in case you find some bugs that like dirt.
Watch out for the sandflies, though. :D I prefer lemon grass, citronella, and the like.

FUBAR

Electoral Member
May 14, 2007
If Bounce employees are on a "good ideas get you cash" someone is on to a big winner here.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I use Bounce dryer sheets on my laundry all the time. You would think the fact that it's all over your clothes would work just as well as putting one in your pocket, no?

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Once I was working in a nuclear plant and there was a leak of nuclear waste that threatened to destroy North America. Thankfully, I had a sheet of bounce with me.

To stop dangerous nuclear leaks, don't hesitate to use Bounce. It works every time.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It reminds me of a comedy bit I saw about baking soda, and the brilliance of their marketing teams.

baking soda. buy a box, dump it down your drain, then go buy another box. open that one, stick it in your fridge and leave it. Go buy another box. Take that box, dump it in your cat litter. Go buy another box. Take that box, dump it on your carpet, vacuum it up. Go buy another box. brilliant.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It reminds me of a comedy bit I saw about baking soda, and the brilliance of their marketing teams.

baking soda. buy a box, dump it down your drain, then go buy another box. open that one, stick it in your fridge and leave it. Go buy another box. Take that box, dump it in your cat litter. Go buy another box. Take that box, dump it on your carpet, vacuum it up. Go buy another box. brilliant.
...... get in touch with Arm & Hammer or Cow Brand and get them to send you a 200 liter barrel full and bypass the middle man. :D
Marketing. Yeah, wonderful stuff. I see Tide has an ad out about how much actual soap they put in a bottle of their liquid. It still contains a lot of water or filler of some sort. Why now just sell pure Tide (or Sunlight or whatever) and make the packaging smaller yet?