Patrick Swayze is gone....

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
A buddy of mine had a security company, and one of his featured clients was Patrick Swayze and has a picture of them together in one of his old brochures. Mr.Swayze was one who, I think, we all had hoped would beat this dreaded disease. Unfortunately it manifests itself and becomes irreversable long before it can be easily detected. Good actor, and you can't deny his guts in working up 'till the end. We'll miss ya.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
A buddy of mine had a security company, and one of his featured clients was Patrick Swayze and has a picture of them together in one of his old brochures. Mr.Swayze was one who, I think, we all had hoped would beat this dreaded disease. Unfortunately it manifests itself and becomes irreversable long before it can be easily detected. Good actor, and you can't deny his guts in working up 'till the end. We'll miss ya.
Hi Bob,
We will miss Patrick Swayze. He was a great actor. One of my all time favourites. He certainly gave his all when it came to his awful disease. I hate cancer.

Diarygirl

Electoral Member
Oct 28, 2008
Newfoundland
Sad...I loved Patrick in Ghost. Cancer is a terrible and painful death. It's expected that for men, one out of two will have the dreaded disease and for women, one out of three. Not good statistics!

Goodgirl81

Sep 14, 2009
NS
So sad... he did fight with dignity... cancer is so awful.. it tears the body apart.. very sad.

I think he may have been my first crush... Dirty Dancing was it for me when I was younger.. I so wanted to be Baby. (well actually I wanted to be the hot gf who had an abortion... but you know what I mean)

Goodgirl81

Sep 14, 2009
NS
Sad...I loved Patrick in Ghost. Cancer is a terrible and painful death. It's expected that for men, one out of two will have the dreaded disease and for women, one out of three. Not good statistics!

Ghost... he was amazing.. definitly a very sexy man,.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I've seen a few people die of cancer including a couple siblings. I don't think it is ever easy.

I have not followed Patrick Swayze's career but he did a pretty good job in "Ghost", the only movie I've seen him in.
Without being phony about it, I wish him well.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
When "Dirty Dancing" came out, my daughter was a teenager. She saw the movie 30+ times.

I enjoyed both "Ghost" and "Roadhouse".

Farewell, Patrick!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Now they can make Ghost 2.

Either that or reclassify Ghost as a documentary.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
He fought for a long time, but the cancer finally got to him. He was a fighter, though. Two years battling it, while his initial prognosis was a couple of months.

Rest in peace, Mr. Swayze.