Did Michael Jackson really bleach his skin? Was he ashamed to be black?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Sony has added a free service to PlayStation 3 which gives you free access to thousands of videos. I tried it first around a week ago and Michael Jackson is one of the top artists featured.

Since I had not heard about him for a while I decided to look him up and came across the fact he was diagnosed with Vitiligo (link). It turns the patient's skin blotchy with areas losing their pigmentation. Of course it's a popular belief that he bleached his skin but I believe he used a combination of makeup to blend in the blotches. One can even notice his skin getting paler over the years on his music videos.

It's strange that I became curious about the subject a few days ago and then heard last night that he died. Even our own Michael Jackson thread contained speculation that he was ashamed of being black, among other accusations that he was a pedophile, neither of which I'm totally convinced of.

What do you guys think?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I do think he used chemical peels to change his color. His face was over the years completely altered. Not saying that he is any more wrong than other people who get plastic surgery for one reason or other. The disease you speak of mostly happens in blotches.

Michael Jackson was a great musician and it is sad of his passing so I am not bashing the man. But what other man/woman of African decent looked as such?

I could be wrong.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I completely agree with you EagleSmack, but I'm just saying the media loved to bash him over the years and it seems everybody else took the tone of the media at least until his passing.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Nooooo question. Who could have been an easier target than Michael Jackson?

Once a celebrity does one thing odd people and the media are right on top of it. Tom Cruise, Britney Spears, etc.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I have family members with Vitilago.

I doubt very much that he had it.

I think what he had was a desire to be white, lots of money, and mental instability.

He was a good singer, though.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
That's an amazing video juan. Thanks for sharing. The question at the end of the video is a good one.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That's an amazing video juan. Thanks for sharing. The question at the end of the video is a good one.

I was just looking for "then and now" pictures. The video was more than I expected too....;-)

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Sony has added a free service to PlayStation 3 which gives you free access to thousands of videos. I tried it first around a week ago and Michael Jackson is one of the top artists featured.

Since I had not heard about him for a while I decided to look him up and came across the fact he was diagnosed with Vitiligo (link). It turns the patient's skin blotchy with areas losing their pigmentation. Of course it's a popular belief that he bleached his skin but I believe he used a combination of makeup to blend in the blotches. One can even notice his skin getting paler over the years on his music videos.

It's strange that I became curious about the subject a few days ago and then heard last night that he died. Even our own Michael Jackson thread contained speculation that he was ashamed of being black, among other accusations that he was a pedophile, neither of which I'm totally convinced of.

What do you guys think?
I read an article once where he stated that he had that disease. I also read a more serious one some time later where it stated that he took meds that turned his skin white which seems to be the most believable. Not even Michael Jackson would sit around having that much make-up put on each day as some seem to think and what would happen if he got wet?? He was a great singer who was totally lacking in self confidence while he should have been full of self confidence instead. The true details of his life are probably a secret - for now. It's probably all this "crap" that caused his pre-mature death.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I was never wild about his music. A couple years ago Jackson was interviewed and during the interview it came out that he had young boys sleep in his bed. He denied that anything sexual ever happened. This was about the time the news came out that he paid off the family of one of the boys that shared his bed. I have no evidence to accuse him of anything but the whole thing seemed strange to me. I'm not going to speculate after the guy is dead.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I like some of his music.

I'll go with the evidence. So, he wasn't proven to be a paedo and I'll go with that.

Getting paler in complexion pales in comparison to weird fascination with changing his face. lol