Free Speech and the Right

Cannuck
+2
#1  Top Rated Post

YouTube - RIP FREE SPEECH 17762007 amp Keith Olbermann

YouTube - Citizens Arrested for commiting FREE SPEECH in Washington DC

Kathie Bondar
+1
You can always say what the government enjoys to hear.
I tried free speech once, boy, I just about got blown off the surface of the earth. Nothing out in the open though, it happens by character assassination, you find your friends evaporate when their children are threatened...

Dixie Cup
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Kathie BondarView Post

You can always say what the government enjoys to hear.
I tried free speech once, boy, I just about got blown off the surface of the earth. Nothing out in the open though, it happens by character assassination, you find your friends evaporate when their children are threatened...

Wonder if they'll do a "video" of the same thing under Obama? We all agree that Bush was an imbecile but he's not the only one.

Just askin....

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie CupView Post

Wonder if they'll do a "video" of the same thing under Obama? We all agree that Bush was an imbecile but he's not the only one.

Just askin....

This goes back to when the Patriot Act was being debated. I'd ask folks who were all hot for the Patriot Act "Do you really think President Hillary Clinton will give back the power that President Bush is taking?"

Nowadays we got it down to a science. The President can be all enlightened and pro-free speech. It's 10,000 faceless underlings who'll suppress free speech. The President don't even need to know about it.

Spade
Yep, the President is the Pilate at the helm.