Free Speech and the Right

Kathie Bondar

Kathie Bondar
May 11, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
You can always say what the government enjoys to hear.
I tried free speech once, boy, I just about got blown off the surface of the earth. Nothing out in the open though, it happens by character assassination, you find your friends evaporate when their children are threatened...

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
You can always say what the government enjoys to hear.
I tried free speech once, boy, I just about got blown off the surface of the earth. Nothing out in the open though, it happens by character assassination, you find your friends evaporate when their children are threatened...
Wonder if they'll do a "video" of the same thing under Obama? We all agree that Bush was an imbecile but he's not the only one.

Just askin....

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Wonder if they'll do a "video" of the same thing under Obama? We all agree that Bush was an imbecile but he's not the only one.

Just askin....
This goes back to when the Patriot Act was being debated. I'd ask folks who were all hot for the Patriot Act "Do you really think President Hillary Clinton will give back the power that President Bush is taking?"

Nowadays we got it down to a science. The President can be all enlightened and pro-free speech. It's 10,000 faceless underlings who'll suppress free speech. The President don't even need to know about it.