Economic Problem Solved....

rufus

Electoral Member
Mar 7, 2009
Economic problem solved instantly!

Dear Mr. Harper

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Canada's economy.

Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new Canadian Built car. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university - Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy $150 of alcohol/tobacco a week .....and there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Economic problem solved instantly!

Dear Mr. Harper

Please find below my suggestion for fixing Canada's economy.

Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.

You can call it the Patriotic Retirement Plan:

There are about 20 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1 million apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Twenty million job openings - Unemployment fixed

2) They MUST buy a new Canadian Built car. Twenty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed

4) They MUST send their kids to school/college/university - Crime rate fixed

5) They MUST buy $150 of alcohol/tobacco a week .....and there's your money back in duty/tax etc

It can't get any easier than that!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members of parliament pay back their falsely claimed expenses and second home allowances

It won't work, your first premise is wrong. I doubt if there's over 4 million people over 50 in the work force.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Five years in the blood sucking capitalist pig dogs would have the money anyway. Private bankers must be eradicated. A better idea would be to give me all the money and I would make sure it was benevolently redistributed in vital strategic arenas. I'm sure I could only drink half of it.

rufus

Electoral Member
Mar 7, 2009
It won't work, your first premise is wrong. I doubt if there's over 4 million people over 50 in the work force.

You are absolutely right. I received this in an email and should have read it more closely before posting it.

It sounds like this should be addressed to President Obama and not Mr Harper. My apologies for the error.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are absolutely right. I received this in an email and should have read it more closely before posting it.

It sounds like this should be addressed to President Obama and not Mr Harper. My apologies for the error.

Just glad I could help.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That's a great idea - try that here, and I think lots of people would jump at the chance. Mind you, that would mean that some 35 to 50% of the GPs in our fair city would retire over night, leaving what, 50,000 people without a doctor? But hey, that's okay.