Canadian Content "Report Cards"

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I'm sure I am not alone in our little green line report card "dilema". I use the word dilema for lack of something better right now. First of all - until quite recently, I totally forgot they existed. Pretty much everyone has them so viewing the green lines below our names is something I do not think to take notice of. They were pointed out to me by a friend one day but even that pointing out was something I came by quite by chance. I forgot about the points - period. In my search for something entirely different, I happened on the page where you see your points and was quite pleasantly surprized at the same time as feeling bad because I do not remember to give people their due for a good post. I think we all need to remember too that a fit of temper doesn't mean you slam someone with a red line. Wait until you calm down before you quickly hand out the bad marks. There is a difference between feeling ticked off at a post and feeling that the post is way out of line.
Anyway, what is the protocol for dealing with receiving good or bad reports? Do you simply smile and enjoy the report? Do you publicly thank the person who gave it to you or do you PM them and say thanks or write it on their wall for all to view?
For all of you who have given me a green line - I thank you for it. I'm not so sure I am very grateful for my thin red line but - oh well. I apologize to those who should have received a green line and did not and tell you that in the future, I will try to be more diligent in handing them out when they are due.:lol:

Reactions: EagleSmack

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
I forget about mine, too, but if I enjoy a post I will give a greenie for it. If I don't think a post has any worth whatsoever I might give a red for it, but I am not exactly sure if I've ever given a reddie.
Smiling and enjoying a greenie someone gave you, is good enough, IMO. (Or shrugging and ignoring a reddie as being from some troll or other. lol)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
A little ego stroke now and again is cool. I give green just for the heck of it sometimes - but mostly for a great idea. Reds? I've given them for something in poor taste - and SIGN them. If the troll wants revenge, it's got to hand out a lot of rep to red me twice. It's only the gutless ones that don't mean a thing that don't come signed.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Thanx VI, thou art braver than I. I figured asking publicly would certify me as the luddite I am, (thechnology drives me nuts:dark1:). You'd think I would know that the only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Thanx VI, thou art braver than I. I figured asking publicly would certify me as the luddite I am, (thechnology drives me nuts:dark1:). You'd think I would know that the only dumb questions are the ones that aren't asked.
You are welcome. I figured if I did it this way - we could all learn together. :lol:
I will answer your letter later though.