Best places to get a job as a Software developer!

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
Hello, my name is LUis, from Medellin Colombia, I am planning to Immigrate. I am computer science engineer, with lots of Microsoft Certifitacions and almost 9 years of experience in the software development field.

My wife is finishing her studies in "International Business", I dont know the real name of that career in english. Its the translation

We need a good city Not in Quebec, there are many factors to choose the citiy but the most important ones its To get a job in our careers as easy as possible.

SO I ask you the community to tell me which cities should I choose based on that factor and after that I will choose from that list based on other factors.

Thank you

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
Honestly, its going to be an uphill fight in this country.

Im in that field, I ended up getting a second education.

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
What are your specialities, do you have computer science bachelor? What are your programming skills?

levalencia

Nominee Member
Nov 24, 2008
I have seen many jobs online that fits my profile, as I have good experience in all fields as programming, managing, testing, designing and architecture and 10 Microsoft certifications, I am positive that I can get a job, maybe not easily but I will get it, and the unemployment rates are too low in Canada.

So can you please tell me some cities?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Any city in western Canada. Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary probably have the brightest short term potential (next twenty years).

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I have seen many jobs online that fits my profile, as I have good experience in all fields as programming, managing, testing, designing and architecture and 10 Microsoft certifications, I am positive that I can get a job, maybe not easily but I will get it, and the unemployment rates are too low in Canada.

So can you please tell me some cities?

The problem is alot of these jobs are on the so called 'second market' meaning you can only really get them if you are friends or family with someone who works there already.

This of course depends on the exact field you have training in and the exact company.