Wd-40

rufus

Electoral Member
Mar 7, 2009
I DIDN'T KNOW ALL THIS. HANDY TO PRINT OUT AND KEEP
SOMEWHERE.

A lady got up very early one morning and went outside to
pickup the Sunday paper, she noticed someone had sprayed red paint all around the sides of the neighbors brand new beige truck. She went over and woke him up and gave him the bad news. He was, of course extremely upset.

And they stood there trying to figure out what could be
done about the problem. They decided there wasn't much recourse but to wait until Monday, since nothing was open. Just then another neighbor came out of his house, surveyed the situation and immediately went to get his WD-40 out and cleaned the red paint off with it. Guess What! It cleaned up that paint without harming the original paint on the truck! I'm impressed!!

Water Displacement #40. The product began from a search
for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect Missile
parts. WD-40 was created in 1953 by three Technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a 'water displacement' compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40.
The Convair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.

Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is
nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you....' IT IS MADE FROM FISHOIL'
.. When you read the 'shower door' part, try it. It's the first
thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass. It is a miracle! Then try it on your stovetop... It is now shinier than it has ever been before.

1) Protects silver from tarnishing.
2) Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4) Gives floors that `just-waxed` sheen without making it slippery.
5) Keeps flies off cows.
6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7) Removes lipstick stains.
8)Loosens stubborn zippers.
9) Untangles jewelry chains.
10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12) Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14) Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15) Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16) Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17) Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes
18)It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Open some
windows if you have a lot of marks.
19) Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car. Removed quickly, with WD-40!
20) Gives a children's play gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21) Lubricates gear shift on lawn mowers.
22) Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23) Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24) Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25) Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, well as vinyl bumpers.
26) Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27) Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28) Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for
easy handling.
29) Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30) Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31) Removes splattered grease on stove.
32) Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33) Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34) Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35) Removes all traces of duct tape.
36) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees to relieve
arthritis pain
37) Florida's favorite use 'Cleans and removes love bugs from grills
and bumpers.'
38) Protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39) WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures and you
will be catching the big one in no time.
40) Ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch
41) WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
42) If you've washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and Presto!
Lipstick is gone!
43) If you spray WD-40 on the distributor cap, it will displace the
moisture and allow the car to start.
44) If you peal off a sticker from any container, mirror, automobile
etc., it will take the stickiness off and leave it cleaner that you had ever thought possible.

Keep a can of WD-40 in your kitchen cabinet. It is good for oven burns or any other type of burn. It takes the burned feeling away and heals with NO scarring.

Remember, the basic ingredient is FISH OIL

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I DIDN'T KNOW ALL THIS. HANDY TO PRINT OUT AND KEEP
SOMEWHERE.

A lady got up very early one morning and went outside to
pickup the Sunday paper, she noticed someone had sprayed red paint all around the sides of the neighbors brand new beige truck. She went over and woke him up and gave him the bad news. He was, of course extremely upset.

And they stood there trying to figure out what could be
done about the problem. They decided there wasn't much recourse but to wait until Monday, since nothing was open. Just then another neighbor came out of his house, surveyed the situation and immediately went to get his WD-40 out and cleaned the red paint off with it. Guess What! It cleaned up that paint without harming the original paint on the truck! I'm impressed!!

Water Displacement #40. The product began from a search
for a rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect Missile
parts. WD-40 was created in 1953 by three Technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company. Its name comes from the project that was to find a 'water displacement' compound. They were successful with the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40.
The Convair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas missile parts.

Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is
nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you....' IT IS MADE FROM FISHOIL'
.. When you read the 'shower door' part, try it. It's the first
thing that has ever cleaned that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works just as well as glass. It is a miracle! Then try it on your stovetop... It is now shinier than it has ever been before.

1) Protects silver from tarnishing.
2) Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4) Gives floors that `just-waxed` sheen without making it slippery.
5) Keeps flies off cows.
6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7) Removes lipstick stains.
8)Loosens stubborn zippers.
9) Untangles jewelry chains.
10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12) Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14) Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15) Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16) Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17) Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in homes
18)It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen floor! Open some
windows if you have a lot of marks.
19) Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car. Removed quickly, with WD-40!
20) Gives a children's play gym slide a shine for a super fast slide.
21) Lubricates gear shift on lawn mowers.
22) Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23) Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes them easier to open.
24) Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open and close.
25) Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in vehicles, well as vinyl bumpers.
26) Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27) Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28) Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons, and bicycles for
easy handling.
29) Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps them running smoothly.
30) Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and other tools.
31) Removes splattered grease on stove.
32) Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33) Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34) Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35) Removes all traces of duct tape.
arthritis pain
37) Florida's favorite use 'Cleans and removes love bugs from grills
and bumpers.'
38) Protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39) WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or lures and you
will be catching the big one in no time.
40) Ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and stops the itch
41) WD-40 is great for removing crayon from walls. Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
42) If you've washed and dried a tube of lipstick with a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots with WD-40 and Presto!
Lipstick is gone!
43) If you spray WD-40 on the distributor cap, it will displace the
moisture and allow the car to start.
44) If you peal off a sticker from any container, mirror, automobile
etc., it will take the stickiness off and leave it cleaner that you had ever thought possible.

Keep a can of WD-40 in your kitchen cabinet. It is good for oven burns or any other type of burn. It takes the burned feeling away and heals with NO scarring.

Remember, the basic ingredient is FISH OIL

Not to mention it's been known to loosen up stiff knee and elbow joints. :lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It is great stuff for giving your old dashboard a new look. Armorall is a silicone base that expands and makes cracks bigger.

It cleans tires

Spray it around door seals and into keyholes and they won't freeze up

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
My tool kit when I first left home consisted of duct tape and WD40. If it shouldn't move but it does, use the duct tape. If it should move but it doesn't, use the WD40.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I've kept a can of Wd-40 in the garage for about forty years. I've used it mainly as a penetrating oil to loosen up rusted nuts and bolts. I never would have considered most of these other uses. Keeping flies off cows? You would think that fish oil would attract flies...

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Maybe you stand beside the cow and spray them as they fly past, the wd messes up their flying ability and presto a new item for the list. I'm not sure I would spray down the silverware either.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
temporarily "stops squeaks between metal moving parts", so does lard and it don't wash away. (if indoors only use brand new lard otherwise everybody will be asking where the doughnuts are....for weeks on end)

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
temporarily "stops squeaks between metal moving parts", so does lard and it don't wash away. (if indoors only use brand new lard otherwise everybody will be asking where the doughnuts are....for weeks on end)

I've done that, screen door. Stopped, never started again!

arthritis pain

My uncle used to spray right on his skin when his back went out. whatever works. :lol:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Just checked it out- quite a bit of B.S. there, about 500 of them could be eliminated by the single phrase "stops squeaks between metal moving parts"
Doesn't work long for squeaks does it. Gets black stuff all over the wall too even when you are very careful. 3 in 1 oil works much better. I did use WD40 to get marine paint out of my son's hair once though. Worked great.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
And I wouldn't advise using it for locks either may solve a problem in the short term but just causes grief in the long term.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Doesn't work long for squeaks does it. Gets black stuff all over the wall too even when you are very careful. 3 in 1 oil works much better. I did use WD40 to get marine paint out of my son's hair once though. Worked great.
Use something as a backdrop when spraying towards a wall or spray a bit into a small cap and dip s cue-tip in and use that do apply the wd to the pin, or have a cloth handy and spay without care and give some areas a quick wipe with a soapy solution.

Real butter will break down petroleum products, has to be the real fat or it doesn't work.
Buttered popcorn might work and the corn-part might actually help in the scrubbing action.

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
For squeaks and rust I prefer Fluid Film. Experience has shown it to be more effective and long-lasting. Costs more, though. (Disclaimer - I do not work for, nor am I being paid by, Fluid Film, the miracle product.)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Use something as a backdrop when spraying towards a wall or spray a bit into a small cap and dip s cue-tip in and use that do apply the wd to the pin, or have a cloth handy and spay without care and give some areas a quick wipe with a soapy solution.

Real butter will break down petroleum products, has to be the real fat or it doesn't work.
Buttered popcorn might work and the corn-part might actually help in the scrubbing action.

Funny. Every can of Wd-40 I've ever had came with a little plastic tube that let you pin point the stuff into a keyhole or whatever. As I said earlier, I have only used Wd-40 as a penetrating oil or to unstick rusted bolts or nuts but it appears there are a few more uses.

Last edited:

rufus

Electoral Member
Mar 7, 2009
We use it in the back of the field to eliminate poison ivy. It neutralizes the poison toxins in the leaves and the plant withers and dies.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
We use it in the back of the field to eliminate poison ivy. It neutralizes the poison toxins in the leaves and the plant withers and dies.
Boiling water on the leaves also inhibits growth, a big hollow spike hooked upto a steamer can inject steam straight at the roots, more effective that steaming the leaves but also more work. When withered burn to create steam. That works for lots of weeds

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:cool: God bless the missile industry........and WD 40.

"They" say it acts as a fish attractant, and one should coat one's lures with a copious quantity.

I say, "you try it first", cause it would stink up the whole tackle box. :angry3:And......if it don't work...........:-(, one, would have to chuck all them spensive lures.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Funny. Every can of Wd-40 I've ever had came with a little plastic tube that let you pin point the stuff into a keyhole or whatever. As I said earlier, I have only used Wd-40 as a penetrating oil or to unstick rusted bolts or nuts but it appears there are a few more uses.

plastic tube that let you pin point the stuff into a keyhole or whatever.""" Which I promptly lose.

:x