Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:-(........Happens every winter.

Bout this time.

More hours of daylight and yet.

And yet.

Darkness comes too early, and it's still cold, and probably colder on into Feb.

This year, DST starts in March sometime, so that's a plus.

Still.........easy to get the blahs and the winter depression.

Sometimes hard to shake it and think positively.

YAHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!:smilebox:

There, by jeebus, that feels better !!!

Gotta try that in the middle of Zellers sometime. :evil4:

Anyhow, anyone else thinking of boats, and fishin, and canoes, and campin, and the like??

:blob3::toothy4: An little goddam flowers bloomin an stuff?? An cuttin the dam grass, or the grass on the dam??

just wonderin.

8O

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Spring ... when a young man's fancies (and even us old guys) an' all that?... Even mud and run-off is warmer than hard frosty lumps. Spring? For now, reality is big slushsicles on frozen struts....

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Yes, I have that feeling everyday now, my garden is waiting for me to pay attention to it again, days are getting longer, it is noticeable.
I'm not running the heat so much now, days are milder and more pleasant.
Little things will be sprouting out of the ground very soon, snow drops etc.,
probably is some allready that I haven't noticed.

Yippee

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Yes, I have that feeling everyday now, my garden is waiting for me to pay attention to it again, days are getting longer, it is noticeable.
I'm not running the heat so much now, days are milder and more pleasant.
Little things will be sprouting out of the ground very soon, snow drops etc.,
probably is some allready that I haven't noticed.

Yippee

Was gonna say wishful thinking and great imagination ... until I realized you're on Vancouver Island ... where the life of an ice cube is winter....;-)

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Was gonna say wishful thinking and great imagination ... until I realized you're on Vancouver Island ... where the life of an ice cube is winter....;-)

Yes, we wouldn't want to hear too much complaining from "THAT" part of the country,now, would we.

Is it still in Canada?

;-)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
As I said to my wife just yesterday, the flowers in our front yard are later than last year...........:lol:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That photo just may have been from last Summer....:lol::roll:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Someone told me that beer runs out of Kokanee glacier. The blizzard outside today is just the death rattle of old man winter I guess. Spring is just arround the corner and over the hill and accross the great plains and over the sea and----------------

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
We went on our first hike of 2009 saturday (Minnekhada Park). At the lowest elevation of the hike there was still snow on the ground and the marsh was frozen...but after 2hrs of hiking up the knoll it was green green green. And the views! Amazing.

Maybe you all just need to get out and go for a nature walk or hike to help shake off the ickies of winter...get the blood flowing. It can't hurt.

Course, the dog was right tuckered out and slept the whole way home...but nobody was sore the next day.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
In Saskatchewan, out on the Prairies, Spring usually comes in April as the
rain eats away at the snow banks. February and March are usually the time
for some pretty impressive Blizzards once it's warm enough for significant
(more significant....) snowfalls with our famous Prairie wind. I'm not
thinking about spring for a while yet. I am looking forward to a warmer
part of Winter eventually though. :smile:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Juan is that really a picture of this year? It is beautiful today - sunny and 9 degrees (at the airport) so probably a tad warmer in the city. Aside from the usual persimmons, I don't see much around in the way of new blooms. Our snow had been so deep it seemed like it would never go but now we just have the "dirty" piles left over from the effects of shovels.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I've seem to be noticing my golf clubs more often when I step into the garage.

Forget the ground hog....

this is surely a sign that spring is just around the corner...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Juan is that really a picture of this year? It is beautiful today - sunny and 9 degrees (at the airport) so probably a tad warmer in the city. Aside from the usual persimmons, I don't see much around in the way of new blooms. Our snow had been so deep it seemed like it would never go but now we just have the "dirty" piles left over from the effects of shovels.

No, I was trying to be funny. The photo was from last Summer. It's a photo of the front of our house and my wife's flower garden.

Hey. In Nanaimo we are expecting ten degrees tomorrow...With any luck..;-)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
They're calling for 4 degrees with rain here Saturday. Saturday will likely bring -15 with wind and snow. Environment Canada needs to scrap those models and look at some real clouds....