When you are in Rome, do as the Romans do....

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
PLEASE, SOMEONE KIDNAP THIS GUY AND PUT HIM IN OFFICE HERE!!!!!!!

Canada Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.
IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.
Since the terrorist attacks on Bali we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society Learn the language!

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.
Maybe, if we circulate this amongst ourselves, Canadian citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This was sent to me via email and I take no claim for its authenticity. But I do endorse the message in principle, although I would like to point out that it would greatly improve the relationships, if the old-timers, I can't call them Natives, could rise above their petty narrow-mindedness and abstain from open hostility and harassment of a particular nationality.
For instance here in the CC Forum we have Nuggler and Company who decided to target me with Nazi slurs and accusations of antisemitism since I revealed my age and my German heritage.

Example from my line of "Reputation" points:
Blaming Holocaust on... -More from the resident nazi on Jan 10th, 2009
In Pictures: the... -Nazi scum on Jan 7th, 2009
In Pictures: the... -More anti-semitism from the resident nazi on Jan 6th, 2009

It takes no great imagination to know this same group would also harass anyone else who doesn't suit them and is vulnerable. That's the kind of mindset they have and are proud of.

So, in my opinion Howard's philosophy is a two-way street. If no genuine welcome is extended, except harassment, one mustn't wonder why the Muslims huddle in groups in their mosques and stay in their own comfort zone, or become aggressive themselves.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
It's called, conforming to the country that has accepted you from whatever ****hole you arrived from. The onus is on the immigrant to integrate and make his self comfortable in his new country, not the other way around.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Funny how some who'd support this don't understand why Quebec asks their immigrants to learn French.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
PLEASE, SOMEONE KIDNAP THIS GUY AND PUT HIM IN OFFICE HERE!!!!!!!

Canada Needs A Leader Like This!

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Maybe, if we circulate this amongst ourselves, Canadian citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This was sent to me via email and I take no claim for its authenticity. But I do endorse the message in principle, although I would like to point out that it would greatly improve the relationships, if the old-timers, I can't call them Natives, could rise above their petty narrow-mindedness and abstain from open hostility and harassment of a particular nationality.
For instance here in the CC Forum we have Nuggler and Company who decided to target me with Nazi slurs and accusations of antisemitism since I revealed my age and my German heritage.

Example from my line of "Reputation" points:
Blaming Holocaust on... -More from the resident nazi on Jan 10th, 2009
In Pictures: the... -Nazi scum on Jan 7th, 2009
In Pictures: the... -More anti-semitism from the resident nazi on Jan 6th, 2009

It takes no great imagination to know this same group would also harass anyone else who doesn't suit them and is vulnerable. That's the kind of mindset they have and are proud of.

So, in my opinion Howard's philosophy is a two-way street. If no genuine welcome is extended, except harassment, one mustn't wonder why the Muslims huddle in groups in their mosques and stay in their own comfort zone, or become aggressive themselves.

You realize by calling people out in a thread you are just asking for more reputation battery?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Well, I caught at least one of the "Nuggler and Company" gang... Durka!!! Not man enough to sign your comments, eh?
No surprise!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
It's called, conforming to the country that has accepted you from whatever ****hole you arrived from. The onus is on the immigrant to integrate and make his self comfortable in his new country, not the other way around.

I fully agree:p Just look at that ****hole the Europeans came from, and when they came here, look at how well we integra... oh, sorry, it was the other way around. Well, now that we're the majority, I think it's time to scrap that tradition and from now on, assimilate to the majority for crying out loud. Do as we say, not as we do.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
No, seriously, I've been leaning towards Libertarianism, or maybe even anarchism lately. Live and let live?

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
If one voices that sentiment in Canada, he/she gets labeled as a bigot. Been there. Done that. Never stopped me before....
Wolf;
have you ever been to another country, where you couldn't speak the language, had to work there and make a living?

I've done it twice, volunteerily, as a young woman. The first country I went to was Sweden. Those three years there are among my best! The Swedes were friendly and accommodating and tolerant as I struggled with the language. Never did I feel like I was only tolerated. I truly enjoyed my stay there, and that has a lot to do with the reception and treatment I got from the Swedish people.

The same experience I had here in Canada. Never have I wanted to crawl away into a German Club or bond with any other German groups.
It is of course easier for a European to integrate and be accepted here, than it is for a visually obvious other ethnic person, like the Muslims, for instance.

Canada, like the US, has become a big melting pot of different races and cultures, and I dare say we are all immigrants here!! The only difference is that some of us came a few years earlier than others.

Some Canadians need to widen their horizons a bit. I'm not advocating lying down and let one be trampled on. That's why I fully agree with Howard... try to fit in and learn the language and accept the law of the land; earn your keep - work hard.

Unfortunately, our governments have made it much easier now for the immigrants over the past 50 years. Now there is so much entitlement that wasn't there when my husband and I came over. For us the rule was swim or sink! :lol:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
It would be nice if we were a melting pot where you fit in or floundered. Canada has this multicultural thing happening. It would be great ... if one culture didn't have to do all the bending to suit every whiner and crybaby who steps off the plane.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
For instance here in the CC Forum we have Nuggler and Company who decided to target me with Nazi slurs and accusations of antisemitism since I revealed my age and my German heritage.""

If you recall, I apologized for that, so why the f u c k don't you stuff it, Loonie.

You're the one constantly sniping at mods and people who have a different point of view from yours.

Grow up.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
I would say yes to John Howard, except for one thing, he disarmed (or attempted to) the Australian public. You simply cannot trust a politician or government that doesn't trust a law abiding armed populace. And that is a really big thing.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
For instance here in the CC Forum we have Nuggler and Company who decided to target me with Nazi slurs and accusations of antisemitism since I revealed my age and my German heritage.""

If you recall, I apologized for that, so why the f u c k don't you stuff it, Loonie.

You're the one constantly sniping at mods and people who have a different point of view from yours.

Grow up.
I've seen no apology. From you it wouldn't mean anything... so spare yourself the trouble.

"constantly sniping at mods" Show me, you liar! I have never had anything against mods.
As to "sniping" at people who have a different point of view from mine is outright hilarious! This is a discussion board and I am one of the most polite people here. You are just searching for a straw to come up with reasons to slander me. Big bully you are!

:angryfire:

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I've seen no apology. From you it wouldn't mean anything... so spare yourself the trouble.

"constantly sniping at mods" Show me, you liar! I have never had anything against mods.
As to "sniping" at people who have a different point of view from mine is outright hilarious! This is a discussion board and I am one of the most polite people here. You are just searching for a straw to come up with reasons to slander me. Big bully you are!

:angryfire:

Nope. No need for me to do that. You do it to yourself well enough. I did apologize, and if you would do some reading instead of spewing your verbal vomit, you'd see it. But, as you say, wouldn't matter to you anyway. No doubt.

I haven't posted anything to you or about you since your little tirade about "the baby killer" as you called him. You started this one with a neat little slagging in your OP. Now who's the bully? I"m certainly not going to be anyone's doormat, so why don't you post, not mention me, and I'll do the same for you. It's worked till now.

Must be really bothering you that I won't just up and leave, just because you'd like me to........Awwwwww. Poor Loonie, can't have it all her way.

Yep, yer real polite.

Loonie, this is absolutely the last discourse I'm having with you. I don't want to talk to you and I don't want to be slagged in any more of your posts. Life is too short for your nonsense. So, fair warning: I will report any further slagging to the mods, and they can do what they wish. I have as much right to be here as you, and to enjoy the forum.

So you may now post on about "flushing babies down the drain" or whatever you wish and fear no comeback from me, as you are not worth the trouble.

Enjoy life.

Last edited:

tracy

House Member
Nov 10, 2005
California
I got this email in a lightly different version, but it was American based. Either way, I think the thing about it is some parts are reasonable. It's certainly reasonable to expect immigrants to learn the language and respect the laws of the country they chose. On the other hand, I see no reason to pressure them to do much else. We benefit from immigration. We need it. If they want to keep wearing their country's dress or keep speaking their languages in their clubs, that's really their business.