The battle of depression....

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
It is this time of the year were people find it hard to cope with some difficult life realities, loneliness, failed financial dreams, broken relationships, abandonment, and many other harsh issues that face people from all walks of life....
Billionaires committing suicide, while ordinary people contemplating as well committing suicide, in short, a human life in the edge of a harsh reality, DEPRESSION............................ If a person reading this massage who is depressed, please call your local area for help, your soul is worth saving.......

Recovering from Depression - Part 1

YouTube - Recovering from Depression - Part 1

Recovering from Depression - Part 2

YouTube - Recovering from Depression - Part 2

Last edited:

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Are you a little depressed, Soc?

Happy 2009 Said1, no I am not, but this is a common problem in the beginning of every year.
Mental suffering or illness for many is a hard world to face if one is alone, as well if one has no skill to overcome this type of adversity..

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Happy 2009 Said1, no I am not, but this is a common problem in the beginning of every year.
Mental suffering or illness for many is a hard world to face if one is alone, as well if one has no skill to overcome this type of adversity..

I've heard it said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, but perhaps that's oversimplifying it. I would only suggest that if a desperate person could just postpone the deision for 24 hours, it could make all the difference.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I've heard it said that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem, but perhaps that's oversimplifying it. I would only suggest that if a desperate person could just postpone the deision for 24 hours, it could make all the difference.

Time out always allows reasonable reevaluation JLM, but like the sparkling rope on the end of the stick of dynamite when the sparks start to burn close to the powder which on a depressed person the emotions are equivalent to dynamite powder we see an explosion take place.
Happy 2009

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Time out always allows reasonable reevaluation JLM, but like the sparkling rope on the end of the stick of dynamite when the sparks start to burn close to the powder which on a depressed person the emotions are equivalent to dynamite powder we see an explosion take place.
Happy 2009

Yep, Happy New Year to you, wise old Greek that you are ( I tnhik I'm dnurk).

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
JLM good day to you, how was last night?:smile:

I probably had a "beverage" or two too many but called it quits early, in bed by 10:30, left it up to the wife to handle the New Year. Couldn't have done me too much harm just got done shoveling snow for an hour, the sad part is it's still snowing.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
I probably had a "beverage" or two too many but called it quits early, in bed by 10:30, left it up to the wife to handle the New Year. Couldn't have done me too much harm just got done shoveling snow for an hour, the sad part is it's still snowing.

Sorry I double posted by accident....

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006

I share the same experience on the snow, my lower back is out shoveling snow and it is still coming down today. South BC on the west coast as you may know is very mild for heavy snow but not this year. Take care..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Socrates,

I used to suffer severe depression that lasted months at a time. Even tried the permanent solution a few times. Doctors even convinced me to try anti-depressants but that was a bust. I couldn't function at all on that crap.

Then one day I discovered that my depression was caused by several head traumas that I had during my life. Now I was aware that I was not crazy, I decided that I did not have o go there any more. Weird as it sounds, I have not been depressed since. If I even feel the east bit blue, i go into the washroom and look in the mirror and make a silly face and that changes my whole perspective. I recommend everybody do that every morning when they get up. Sets the pace for the day.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Socrates,

I used to suffer severe depression that lasted months at a time. Even tried the permanent solution a few times. Doctors even convinced me to try anti-depressants but that was a bust. I couldn't function at all on that crap.

Then one day I discovered that my depression was caused by several head traumas that I had during my life. Now I was aware that I was not crazy, I decided that I did not have o go there any more. Weird as it sounds, I have not been depressed since. If I even feel the east bit blue, i go into the washroom and look in the mirror and make a silly face and that changes my whole perspective. I recommend everybody do that every morning when they get up. Sets the pace for the day.

Cliffy great day to you, that is a great piece of advice, the "several head traumas" of the past are the main cause of cyclical depression for many people. Thank you for sharing this important part of your past, I am sure if your example of recovery could help only one person you have made a deference. May the great force be with you.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Thanks Soc,

I have worked with both mentally ill and head trauma victims. Depression is so common, especially with head trauma, most people don't know that they are related. Certainly doctors are just beginning to accept that. Anti-depressants are a misnomer. Most of them will turn a person into a vegetable. Makes it easier for others to deal with you but it is hard to even have a life let a lone a meaningful one.

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Thanks Soc,

I have worked with both mentally ill and head trauma victims. Depression is so common, especially with head trauma, most people don't know that they are related. Certainly doctors are just beginning to accept that. Anti-depressants are a misnomer. Most of them will turn a person into a vegetable. Makes it easier for others to deal with you but it is hard to even have a life let a lone a meaningful one.

Yes I agree Cliff, pills are designed in mental illness to make the pharmaceutical industry filthy rich. It is a shame when a doctor prescribes damaging drugs with bad side affects while the doctor get a huge Caribbean bonus for pushing the Prozac and other debilitating drugs that do nothing for the sufferer.