the death of Polish immigrant at Vancouver Airpor

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Just wondering why there is no more news regarding the murder of the Polish immigrant by the RCMP.Will the Canadians allow them to be free and commit more murders ?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Just wondering why there is no more news regarding the murder of the Polish immigrant by the RCMP.Will the Canadians allow them to be free and commit more murders ?

I think this subject has kind of run it's course. There are all kinds of injustices in the world and sometimes we have to accept the fact we don't always reach satisfactory conclusions (there will be those who will continue to fight the issue) but I think the general population has to get on with life and look for better things in '09.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
As near as I can tell, there won't be any charges against the four mounties so unless the man's family brings civil action against them, the case is pretty well closed. I just hope something positive can come of this.....

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I think this subject has kind of run it's course. There are all kinds of injustices in the world and sometimes we have to accept the fact we don't always reach satisfactory conclusions (there will be those who will continue to fight the issue) but I think the general population has to get on with life and look for better things in '09.

There are all kinds of injustices in the world and sometimes we have to accept the fact we don't always.........

You are nuts if you accept things which aren't right.

but I think the general population has to get on with life and look for better things in '09.
[[/QUOTE]

If you do what is correct today ,you don,t have to worry about tomorrow (2009).
It's true ,majority of Canadians wait for better things instead of making them.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
There has been plenty of news about his death, the fact that it occurred about a year ago kinda explains why it isn't front page news anymore.

How can you accept living in a country that routinely kills its own citizens, China?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are nuts if you accept things which aren't right.

[

If you do what is correct today ,you don,t have to worry about tomorrow (2009).
It's true ,majority of Canadians wait for better things instead of making them.[/quote]

It all comes back to the alcoholics prayer- "change the things you can, accept the things you can not change and have the wisdom to know the differance".

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
As near as I can tell, there won't be any charges against the four mounties so unless the man's family brings civil action against them, the case is pretty well closed. I just hope something positive can come of this.....

I think something already has, taser use has been reviewed and I believe a decision has been made to reduce the voltage as well as changes made in the use of tasers.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
DurkaDurka
How can you accept living in a country that routinely kills its own citizens, China
I do accept death penalty for some specific crimes .
How can you accept living in a country that routinely kills it's own citizens besides killing an innocent foreigners ,and do nothing about it ?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
DurkaDurka

I do accept death penalty for some specific crimes .
How can you accept living in a country that routinely kills it's own citizens besides killing an innocent foreigners ,and do nothing about it ?

You accept the army killing Tibetans or any group that opposes the way the government treats them?

I don't believe tazers should be used period.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
These are four law enforcement officers who used a device they are legally qualified and encouraged to use in place of a gun with bullets. They did their job which unfortunately, went sour. They did not arrive on the scene with the intent to kill or maim in any way. They went in with a plan to subdue a man out of control. In other words - they were doing their job. There is zero reason to charge them. Why you people don't get it is beyond me. If he had gone just one step further and actually threw something that hurt someone you would all be screaming as to why the police didn't do their job. Never satisfied and always complaining. If you get a ticket you want to know why they are not out chasing the real criminals. If they arrive at an accident scene in 7 min. you want to know why they were not there in 6. Does it ever end? Do any of you actually use some logic or are all of you just out for blood! It's bad enough that a man died. You people want to go on and on until someone else is more hurt in the process. Not one of you cares about the now mental state of those who attended the scene and how it has changed their lives forever. Do you ever support your local police force? Not from anything I have read. All I see is a bunch of lynch mobs. The taser is under review. Let it go.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Ssland, cops are expected to handle situations like this with a cool head. If they cannot subdue an unarmed man without using a tazer, they need to find a new line of work. I hope the guilt of this mans death haunts these cops for the rest of their lives.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Ssland, cops are expected to handle situations like this with a cool head. If they cannot subdue an unarmed man without using a tazer, they need to find a new line of work. I hope the guilt of this mans death haunts these cops for the rest of their lives.
If they were not handling the taser with a cool head they would have shot him with bullets instead. They don't need a new line of work. They need the support of the public for doing the job they were sent to do. The death will haunt them and misery like yourself will get your wish. Walk a mile in their shoes before you shoot your mouth off. It's obvious you have not.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
If they were not handling the taser with a cool head they would have shot him with bullets instead. They don't need a new line of work. They need the support of the public for doing the job they were sent to do. The death will haunt them and misery like yourself will get your wish. Walk a mile in their shoes before you shoot your mouth off. It's obvious you have not.

What did the man do that required deadly force to subdue him? Cops are far too reliant on their toys these days, cops need to be men again and not these robocop idiots policing the streets these days.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
These are four law enforcement officers who used a device they are legally qualified and encouraged to use in place of a gun with bullets. They did their job which unfortunately, went sour. They did not arrive on the scene with the intent to kill or maim in any way. They went in with a plan to subdue a man out of control. In other words - they were doing their job. There is zero reason to charge them. Why you people don't get it is beyond me. If he had gone just one step further and actually threw something that hurt someone you would all be screaming as to why the police didn't do their job. Never satisfied and always complaining. If you get a ticket you want to know why they are not out chasing the real criminals. If they arrive at an accident scene in 7 min. you want to know why they were not there in 6. Does it ever end? Do any of you actually use some logic or are all of you just out for blood! It's bad enough that a man died. You people want to go on and on until someone else is more hurt in the process. Not one of you cares about the now mental state of those who attended the scene and how it has changed their lives forever. Do you ever support your local police force? Not from anything I have read. All I see is a bunch of lynch mobs. The taser is under review. Let it go.
Poor reasoning. The man was no danger to anyone. If those four RCMP geniuses had found out what language he was speaking and found an interpreter, the situation could have been resolved without injury. Surely four big strapping mounties could have put handcuffs on the guy if it was needed, but they had to use their stupid toy that had already killed too many people.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
What did the man do that required deadly force to subdue him? Cops are far too reliant on their toys these days, cops need to be men again and not these robocop idiots policing the streets these days.
Obviously you know nothing about policing. They need to be men again! Wonder statement of the year. For one thing, I doubt the police women would appreciate your comment. For another, being "men" again means using their fists - right? Then you would be the first to scream police brutality. The police, police the way they are taught, using the weapons they are given and guided by their superiors. But you know it all right!

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Poor reasoning. The man was no danger to anyone. If those four RCMP geniuses had found out what language he was speaking and found an interpreter, the situation could have been resolved without injury. Surely four big strapping mounties could have put handcuffs on the guy if it was needed, but they had to use their stupid toy that had already killed too many people.
Four big strapping mounties. You know how big these men are do you. We do know that the victim was a very big man but I have yet to be told the mounties were big men. The airport had him for 10 hours, they had been told he spoke polish but did not relay that to the RCMP who were under the impression he spoke Russian. As I said before, had he gotten more out of hand and he could have at any moment, all of you bleeding hearts would have said the police didn't do enough. It doesn't matter what they did or didn't do. All of you just want to blame the police. It is truly disgusting. Do you have any idea what any police officer goes through everyday? Do you actually think they just drive around in their cars waiting for a chance to rush off and whip out the taser? Poor rea.soning! Yes - on your part

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Obviously you know nothing about policing. They need to be men again! Wonder statement of the year. For one thing, I doubt the police women would appreciate your comment. For another, being "men" again means using their fists - right? Then you would be the first to scream police brutality. The police, police the way they are taught, using the weapons they are given and guided by their superiors. But you know it all right!

I don't think there's any doubt that there is fault but to whom and in what proportions, I'm not sure, not being an expert in crime. I was guess that at least 50 lies with YVR, they should have been able to deal with it and didn't. So the cops arrived and within 25 seconds the guy was tasered for from what I can gather making a threatening gesture with a stapler. I don't think the cops deliberately killed him & I don't think all of the cops deserve equal blame necessarily. I can see why the cops haven't been charged, in my mind it would be hard to prove malicious intent................so what do you do ??????????