Cheap insulting advertising by Chrysler

Socrates the Greek

I Remember them....
Apr 15, 2006
Today with the economic crisis in the US, New Car Dealerships are not selling many cars…
Credit is at an all time low and the show rooms have become ghost rooms.
Chrysler is likely to be shut down in 2009 and they are advertising today on television as if they are selling Hundreds of cars per month. Their ads on TV show a showroom with many buyers on the floor and the place with motion and many sales happening.
That is very wrong misleading the general TV audience. That has been one extra reason why confidence on the North American automobile has fallen and many have resorted in buying Japanese automobile technology because the Japanese have concentrated on providing for the consumer value for their money rather than fool them with advertising optics that do not represent the product it self, and do nothing for the consumers pocket.

Last edited:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Nuts. I see just as many Japanese, Korean, etc. ads on tv as NA auto ads. F'n Mazda is trying to drive me nuts with the idiotic zoomzoom thing. And one of them has 4 teens in a car that bounces everywhere.
Ads in general are insulting and stupid.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ads in general are insulting and stupid.

That is because they are designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, the highest number of consumers.People with any kind of intelligence will do their research and buy with an informed choice. Most people who are influenced by advertising are already brain dead, mindless consumers.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Give the people what they want. We're like sheep running to the slaughter. I've stopped caring about it now.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Give the people what they want. We're like sheep running to the slaughter. I've stopped caring about it now.

Unfortunately, if you live among a lot of people who think that it is important to be mindless consumers, when the ****e hits the fan, as it already is, then they can take you down with them. How do you insulate yourself from the masses? Run and hide in the bush?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
It works for me, Cliffy. lol

I did that back in the seventies and did pretty good until a logging truck crossed my path of trajectory on a snowmobile.

I discovered that this malignancy of an economy keeps plodding along in spite of its ills. I wish it would get on with the dying process so I can go back to the bush. Squatting is a lot harder to do now than back then. Chaos will make it easier.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

Unfortunately, if you live among a lot of people who think that it is important to be mindless consumers, when the ****e hits the fan, as it already is, then they can take you down with them. How do you insulate yourself from the masses? Run and hide in the bush?

rise above it all, see it for what it is, and THINK for yourself, nothing can
make you do anything you don't want to.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
rise above it all, see it for what it is, and THINK for yourself, nothing can
make you do anything you don't want to.

They were rhetorical questions in an attempt to get others to question the unquestioned beliefs in their heads. I have lived on the fringes of society for almost forty years and am just a curious observer of the strange and marvelous machinations of this weird race.