Praxius, your avatar

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Are you a fan, or do you just like the art? I had used that avatar for a time on this forum, only the mirror image :D

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I have the Lateralus album as well as Tools other albums right up to this one.... I never got into the 10,000 days album because it just sounded much like a continued Lateralus.... but yeah I am a fan of Tool, as well as the artist who makes their albums.... very detailed and unique designs.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
The artwork in the 10,000 days CD case is pretty good. The funky lenses and all.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Perhaps this would be a good chance to post more album art and the artists who created them.

I've always liked the work Roger Dean has created for the ban YES

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I am a big fan of Tool as well. Their last two CDs did sound very similar. Aenima was incredible through and through.

Prax...do you have the CD they came out before Sober?

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Perhaps this would be a good chance to post more album art and the artists who created them.

I've always liked the work Roger Dean has created for the ban YES

In my opinion, Roger Dean was the best illustrator for album are. Some of the Yes album covers were exceptional.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Thats the one I was thinking about. Only six songs I believe with 3 of them live. One of their best in my opinion.

Yup, I got this one too.... wasn't exactly my favorite, although the last track I found pretty funny. Aenima was the one that drew me in, although I heard the single Sober a few times before that, I never really put two and two together in regards to who did them.

Tha and I have been following most of A Perfect Circle for the last number of years. Even got to see them perform live back in 2000 here in Halifax..... pretty damn good show.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Yup, I got this one too.... wasn't exactly my favorite, although the last track I found pretty funny. Aenima was the one that drew me in, although I heard the single Sober a few times before that, I never really put two and two together in regards to who did them.

Tha and I have been following most of A Perfect Circle for the last number of years. Even got to see them perform live back in 2000 here in Halifax..... pretty damn good show.

Perfect Circle always has one REALLY kick a-- song from their CD. They are actually close to the first three TOOL CDs in sound. The last two TOOL CDs just don't do it for me.

Passive was a great song

YouTube - A Perfect Circle - Passive

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Tool's got some very interesting compositions. I remember one, that said "I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them tumble down". I used to listen to it several years ago, and I really like it.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Tool's got some very interesting compositions. I remember one, that said "I know the pieces fit, cause I watched them tumble down". I used to listen to it several years ago, and I really like it.

That song would be Schism.... a word I tend to use a lot in the forums from time to time, lol.

The video is pretty damn sweet (From the Lateralus Album):

YouTube - Tool - Schism Very GQ

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Yes, the video was indeed pretty damn sweet, just like you said.
But the lyrics are exquisite, it was nice remembering them, thanks, Prax!

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Perfect Circle always has one REALLY kick a-- song from their CD. They are actually close to the first three TOOL CDs in sound. The last two TOOL CDs just don't do it for me.

Passive was a great song

This song was absolute crap. There certainly is not much talent today like there was in the great days of rock in the '60s and '70s.